TMSHelp Forum
TMSHelp Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Resources | Links | Policy
Username:
Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 TMSHelp
 TMSHelp General Forum
 Post-hernia pain syndrome TMS?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

bdog

3 Posts

Posted - 01/26/2007 :  14:46:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Anybody have any experience with this? Here is my story. 2002 I had a hernia repair done by a hernia guru 3 states away. Everything went well with recovery until 3 months after and I developed considerable pain. The repair was OK, everything intact and functioning. It go no better with rest, PT, injection, but increased activity helped a little. I was in pain from Feb until Decemeber I was in pain. I began treatment for depression in OCtober and when the depression began to get better so did the pain. I stopped depression meds over a year ago and have been pain free.

Now I just had another hernia repair, different procedure, different doc on the other side and guess what? Same thing, minimal pain in recovery until about 6 weeks out. Could this be TMS?
The docs refer to the problem as some "unusual inflamation that should resolve with time". They have ruled out the usual causes such as nerve entrapment etc.

I totally fit the personality type for TMS and have a history of other TMS issues that I am only now realizing were TMS (Back pain for close to 2 years). I am suspecting that TMS may be at play here.

The site of pain is "legitimate", in other words it is rational to have pain there so it makes sense that it is where I would develop TMS pain.

Thanks.
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
TMSHelp Forum © TMSHelp.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000