TMSHelp Forum
TMSHelp Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Resources | Links | Policy
Username:
Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 TMSHelp
 TMSHelp General Forum
 How do I find a TMS psychotherapist?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

ktulu

14 Posts

Posted - 01/21/2007 :  19:27:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I live in St. Louis, Missouri and I've been to a couple psychotherapists but they tend to be more cognitive behavioral therapists who didn't seem completely accepted of the idea of TMS. In the Divided Mind, one of the chapters talks about how Cognitive therapy doesn't work and TMSers need Insight oriented therapy. How do I go about finding a good therapist for this?

larkascending

Canada
26 Posts

Posted - 01/22/2007 :  18:19:42  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi,
I am having similar problems finding a suitable therapist - there are no TMS therapists in all of Canada! Try looking at this site which lists many TMS therapists and see if one is near you or would be willing to do telephone therapy (seems they'll only do it if you are in the same state). www.tarpityoga.com/tms.html
Good Luck.
Go to Top of Page

NW Julie

USA
6 Posts

Posted - 01/23/2007 :  11:42:41  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i would consider contacting the local jungian society. in a city that size, i would assume you would have one. you could discuss what you are looking for and they may be able to recommend someone. my therapist is jungian and is highly respectful of the mind-body connection and has found ways to help me deal with tms on a very deep level - not on the cog. behavior level. good luck
Go to Top of Page

ktulu

14 Posts

Posted - 01/24/2007 :  20:03:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
thanks for the responses. looks like tarpit yoga didn't seem to have anything around my area. i have never heard of a jungian society but i will check into it. thanks.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
TMSHelp Forum © TMSHelp.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000