TMSHelp Forum
TMSHelp Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Resources | Links | Policy
Username:
Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 TMSHelp
 TMSHelp General Forum
 neck TMS and eye TMS
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

FlyByNight

Canada
209 Posts

Posted - 01/18/2007 :  20:21:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi all,

Just wondering how many of TMS sufferers on the board who experienced severe neck TMS pain and spasms along with eye pain on the same side as well as eye stiffness (feeling that the eye ball is tense and is not moving as freely as the other one). I am assuming here that these eye symptoms are unexplained by the docs, all common neurological tests, scans, MRI, etc being normal.

I am asking that because I red at many places that there can be an indirect neurological relationship between the neck and the eye via the central nervous system even if these muscles are not physically linked together. I am just wondering how often both TMS symptoms happens at the same time on a particular individual

thanx in advance

P.

Edited by - FlyByNight on 01/18/2007 20:28:42

sonora sky

USA
181 Posts

Posted - 01/21/2007 :  10:43:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi flybynight,

Severe neck pain and stiffness are my most frequent TMS symptoms, as of late, and they are often accompanied by eye soreness. Also, my neck tension often triggers/leads to headaches and migraines, which also intensify eye issues. I have not experienced symptoms exactly as yours, where one side seems to be affected more than the other, to such an extent. Mostly I have eye soreness, where it feels like the eyeball itself is sore and under pressure (feels like it's going to pop out of my head--sorry for the graphic). Sometimes the sockets and surrounding area feel sore and achey, so that it hurts to look in different directions, or to try to close my eyelids as opposed to leaving them open. A lot of the little nerves seem to get tweeked around my eye area, one that especially gives me trouble is a vein(?)/nerve(?) that runs from the inner eye socket (near the nose) and up over towards the eyebrow. Ice helps a bit. Sometimes when I'm massaging my neck and head in desperation, I notice a soreness all the way up the side of my head (from back of jaw (in front of ear), all the way up to the eye). I think there definitely is a connection in terms of muscle tissue, nerves, blood vessles, etc. They're all connected in that area.

SS
Go to Top of Page

Littlebird

USA
391 Posts

Posted - 01/21/2007 :  13:22:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I've never noticed a connection between my eye pain and stiffness in my neck, but that may be just because I haven't paid attention. What I do notice is that the more eye pain I have the more likely it is that the muscles of my right eye spasm and pull it to one side. It's very annoying.
Go to Top of Page

Special One

USA
61 Posts

Posted - 01/21/2007 :  19:56:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yes, Flybynight, I have tms and the neck/eye connection. I get the a tickly feeling on the skin next to the outside of my eye, some mildly blurred vision, and other sympyoms, but they come and go, so I know it's tms. I've been to two doctors, one who prescribed painkiller. (which didn't help), and one who was thinking physical therapy might help. That rought didn't appeal to me, as I understand tms and unless they suggested serious testing, I wanted to treat it as tms. There was no serious testing. I have recovered from knee, sciatic, ankle, thumb, elbow, pelvic, and other vartious symptoms with learning about tms and changing my thinking, so I am convinced that the neck stuff is also tms. It is stubborn though.
I was wondering if anyone has found the neck pain to be a result of a particular fear, situation, etc. It started when I began a new job 6 months ago then gradually dissipated. Recently, my husband and I separated, which I think is a good thing, though to almost everyone else it is seen as a negative. It has been about a month since he moved out. We have a 2-year old. My neck hurts in different places now, both spots brought on by wimpy motions, like turning over in bed. I can't even lean my head to one side and the other side feels like the trapezius is tired all day. I want to identify a thought process that brings it on and then come up with a rebuttal to disempower the tms. Any suggestions?
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
TMSHelp Forum © TMSHelp.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000