TMSHelp Forum
TMSHelp Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Resources | Links | Policy
Username:
Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 TMSHelp
 TMSHelp General Forum
 Thanks to everyone and a hint......
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Snoopy

6 Posts

Posted - 12/08/2006 :  08:30:29  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
First, thanks to everyone on this board. The insights and suggestions provided have helped in reducing chronic pain in my shoulder and knee.

In reading "Pain Free for Life", there is a section which talks about the molecules of emotions. Basically, cells have receptors (or baseball mitts) which catch molecules (neuropeptides) that are the same size and shape as the receptor. There is a part which states:

When these molecules of emotion are impeded, the the unhealthy, repressed molecules stick around and are actually stored in the moloecule receptors.

When you combine that with the goal of most therapy - which is to be able to view an unpleasant incident from the past without a negative emotion - it would follow that what is really repressed is the unhealthy emotion associated with the event.

My suggestion would be to visualize repressed emotions associated with unpleasant events (in the form of molecules) being released out of the baseball mitts of your cells. Some of these may be quite old and the glove quite hard to open - but keep trying.

Edited by - Snoopy on 12/09/2006 07:08:29

MikeJ

United Kingdom
75 Posts

Posted - 12/08/2006 :  14:54:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Congratulations on your progress and thank you for sharing this insight. I'll paste that quote you gave in a normal font because it was so small I had to squint!

"When these molecules of emotion are impeded, the the unhealthy, repressed molecules stick around and are actually stored in the moloecule receptors."
Go to Top of Page

Littlebird

USA
391 Posts

Posted - 12/08/2006 :  23:18:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks Snoopy. I like being able to visualize what the mind and body is actually doing when I feel emotions. I'm reading a great book right now, called Social Intelligence, by Dr. Daniel Goleman (there is another book with the same title, by someone else), which has really helped me picture how the unconscious mind and the conscious mind actually work and how they move information between each other. It makes me feel much more confident that I'll get rid of this TMS because the unconscious mind is not such a mystery to me now.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
TMSHelp Forum © TMSHelp.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000