TMSHelp Forum
TMSHelp Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Resources | Links | Policy
Username:
Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 TMSHelp
 TMSHelp General Forum
 Random Thoughts From Me
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

shawnsmith

Czech Republic
2048 Posts

Posted - 12/05/2006 :  10:46:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
These are random thoughts so please be patient with me. The "n" key sometimes does not work on this keyboard I am curretly at so if there is a missing "n" you will understand why.

It appears to me - and I am going to only speak for myself- that currently the only way I can know if something is disturbing me on the inside is the existence of pain. I could only come to that conclusion after understanding the concepts behind the teachings of TMS which - in a nuthsell- states that pain is generated to distract me from my repressed rage and that a variety of factors, including personality traits and current stressors, contribute to that rage. I cannot feel the rage, as it is repressed, but I can feel the pain so I know the rage is there.

The inward battle that is taking place is one of "convincing" as well as "denial." My brain is trying to convince me that I have a physical problem which fills me with fear and I become obsessed with the physical. I, on the otherhand, am trying to covince myself that the pain is due to TMS - which is harmless- and is serving a psychological function. I am also in denial about certain aspects of my personality and there are things about my personality I don't want to accept.

Again, after understanding TMS properly, the only way I can be made aware of disturbing feelings on the inside is the existence of pain. It is like the pain is acting as a messenger but I am not always properly in tune with what that message is.

Shawn

Edited by - shawnsmith on 12/05/2006 12:52:08

Singer_Artist

USA
1516 Posts

Posted - 12/05/2006 :  12:27:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I hear ya..I went through a period of time where I was driving everyone crazy because of my insistence to focus on the physical..It is a tough transition, but one has to be reminded over and over that the ORIGIN is psychological..Watching the Sarno videotapes, talking to people on here, reading, journaling, etc..all helped me to focus more on the underlying issues..BUT..I am still a work in progress in this regard..I think it is important to distract oneself w/ fun things as well, or things one loves to do..When I paint or sing, I am in another world..a much happier one then 'normal' reality..
Go to Top of Page

spacegirl74

Italy
27 Posts

Posted - 12/06/2006 :  05:04:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by shawnsmith

These are random thoughts so please be patient with me. The "n" key sometimes does not work on this keyboard I am curretly at so if there is a missing "n" you will understand why.

It appears to me - and I am going to only speak for myself- that currently the only way I can know if something is disturbing me on the inside is the existence of pain. I could only come to that conclusion after understanding the concepts behind the teachings of TMS which - in a nuthsell- states that pain is generated to distract me from my repressed rage and that a variety of factors, including personality traits and current stressors, contribute to that rage. I cannot feel the rage, as it is repressed, but I can feel the pain so I know the rage is there.

The inward battle that is taking place is one of "convincing" as well as "denial." My brain is trying to convince me that I have a physical problem which fills me with fear and I become obsessed with the physical. I, on the otherhand, am trying to covince myself that the pain is due to TMS - which is harmless- and is serving a psychological function. I am also in denial about certain aspects of my personality and there are things about my personality I don't want to accept.

Again, after understanding TMS properly, the only way I can be made aware of disturbing feelings on the inside is the existence of pain. It is like the pain is acting as a messenger but I am not always properly in tune with what that message is.

Shawn

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
TMSHelp Forum © TMSHelp.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000