TMSHelp Forum
TMSHelp Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Resources | Links | Policy
Username:
Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 TMSHelp
 TMSHelp General Forum
 I want to thank God for TMS
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

shawnsmith

Czech Republic
2048 Posts

Posted - 12/01/2006 :  08:28:02  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Dear all,

I want to here thank God for my TMS. Despite the past pain and suffering, it is the best thing that has ever happened to me. It forced me to re-examine my life and determine what is most important for me. I have come to appreciate my own inner intelligiance and spirituality. I have grown as a person and have come to appreciate more fully the precious gift of life.

Recently I took out a sheet of paper, drew a vertical line down the middle with pro on one side and con on the other and thought about the pros and cons of my TMS. I thought for a long time and I listed a number of pros and could honestly not think of even one con, not even one.

I am so thankful, and will continue to be thankful for this opportunity to learn and grow.

I also feel much more compassion and empathy for those who are currently suffering, hope that they will have a quick and permanent recovery, and that they too will learn and grow from their experience with TMS.

armchairlinguist

USA
1397 Posts

Posted - 12/01/2006 :  09:07:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I feel similarly, although as I'm not a God person I'd have to leave that bit out. But I am truly thankful for TMS and what it's awoken me to, and for Dr. Sarno, and for this board and the people on it. It was on my "Thanksgiving Thankfulness" list for this year.

--
Wherever you go, there you are.
Go to Top of Page

tennis tom

USA
4749 Posts

Posted - 12/01/2006 :  10:01:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Shawn,

Thanks for the uplifting post, and your contributions to the board over the year. It sound like you have arrived at a nice balance in your life through doing TMS work.

Amen,
tt

Edited by - tennis tom on 12/04/2006 20:15:59
Go to Top of Page

Stryder

686 Posts

Posted - 12/01/2006 :  18:43:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Wow. Well said Shawn. -Stryder

Edited by - Stryder on 12/01/2006 18:44:31
Go to Top of Page

JaneLeslie

USA
88 Posts

Posted - 12/03/2006 :  11:43:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Shawn,

Can you share how your TMS has helped you? I am still suffering but feel the hope that it will come to an end. AT least my TMS TELLS me I am alive!

I am wondering how you are seeing it as a blessing, as I would love to take that turn.

Thanks!
Jane
Go to Top of Page

Singer_Artist

USA
1516 Posts

Posted - 12/03/2006 :  13:14:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Great post, Shawn, as always..I try my best to thank God for EVERY experience in my life, good or bad..All of them have led to the person I am today..It is my belief, that people who have suffered automatically have alot more compassion for those who still suffer..It is part of the process of growth and learning on this planet..for that part and the wisdom I have gained..I, too, am grateful to God..It is also during my most painful (flat on my back for months) times that I drew closest to the Lord with prayer..It's ashame that in many cases it takes extreme situations to get us to humble ourselves enough to go into deep prayer and thanksgiving..but, after all, we are still in the flesh and we are still human..
(I can also relate to the question Jane asked about how does one feel grateful when they are still suffering..It's tough..I am still suffering and just fell down the stairs on Friday and reinjured some parts of my body..) However..God has created our amazing bodies to be SELF-HEALING and so, as always, I know I will heal from this and from TMS..THat is my wish for EVERYONE on here..:)
God's blessings,
Karen
Go to Top of Page

shawnsmith

Czech Republic
2048 Posts

Posted - 12/04/2006 :  12:45:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Jane,

You have to come to that conclusion [that TMS is a blessing with more advantages than disadvantages] in your own heart, and there would be very little I could say that would convince you because TMS is a very deep and personal experience.

Without going into a lot of details, I would say that TMS has forced me to look inward, to begin to see the world in a different way and to re-orient my priorities. Some things are important to me while others are not important at all. In addition, it is important for me to pay attention to my emotions as they are a reflection of what is taking place on the inside. Addtionally, when I look at my immediate circumstances I become overwhelmed, and I find doing so generates a lot of inward suffering. I have to look beyond the immediate and invision myself as being well and whole and not trapped by the physical symptoms. TMS has made me take a different direction in life with regards to my personal interests. Although this is not necessary for recovery, I personally found taking a new path in life- which I would have never considered previously- to be most rewarding. Those things that come into my life are there to teach me something, and it it's up to me to discover what that is. TMS has taught me that deep inside there is a world of reaction that is making me very angry and scared regardless of how I am responding on the outside. I may not be able to change that, but being aware of it will help me deal with it better.

A life of introspection and self discovery is always rewarding because we humans are amazing creatures. Every day I learn something new about myself and that is exciting and wonderful. For the first time in my life I am getting to know me.

Do I want the pain to return? NO WAY!!!! But am I thankful for what I have learned as a result of the pain? YES INDEED!!!!

You are more than alive Jane. You are an amazing person much stronger than you give yourself credit for.

The late Norman Cousins, prominent political journalist, author, professor, and world peace advocate, said: "The capacity for hope is the most significant fact of life. It provides human beings with a sense of destination and the energy to get started."

Shawn

quote:
Originally posted by JaneLeslie

Shawn,

Can you share how your TMS has helped you? I am still suffering but feel the hope that it will come to an end. AT least my TMS TELLS me I am alive!

I am wondering how you are seeing it as a blessing, as I would love to take that turn.

Thanks!
Jane

Go to Top of Page

Singer_Artist

USA
1516 Posts

Posted - 12/04/2006 :  12:51:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Shawn,
In an effort to not repress ANY of my feelings, I had to say that I find it interesting that you Never respond to anything I ever write to you..Perhaps it is some sort of issue you have with when I over-posted many months ago, who knows..But I do find it a bit rude..However, because I have always followed the principles in the Secret movie, and know better, I will not take it personal..I just had to confront you on it, because if someone wrote kind things to me I would feel compelled to say thanks, at the very least.
Karen
Go to Top of Page

JaneLeslie

USA
88 Posts

Posted - 12/04/2006 :  15:54:03  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks to you both!!! I am a little obsessive-compulsive about all this stuff, so please Karen and all, don't take it personally when I need a "break" from it. If I don't always respond the right way it has nothing to do with you all. NOTHING. It is my overwhelm my friends, and no one else's. OUr minds are tricky things and I will not let mine be taken over by this obsession too too much (I hope.)
The last frontier is the mind, isn't it? I know my mind tends to get overstimualted and overprocess things.

Thanks Shawn for that! It is so nice to see you doing so well.

Jane
Go to Top of Page

Darko

Australia
387 Posts

Posted - 12/04/2006 :  16:13:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Shawn,
Well done, I also wrote about being thankful for TMS. The only thing you can always change in every situation is your attitude. You have an attitude for success, keep it up. I'm not sure if you're pain free or not, but if you keep changing yourself for the better and keep this great attitude you will be pain free. TMS has changed me into a person I am very proud to be, and also prepared me for challenges in life. I beat severe chronic pain, and suicidal thoughts to become almost pain free and on my way to success. Once you do that you fear nothing. Well done, and I wish you all the best. One must learn to relax and enjoy the ride cause everything happens for a reason.......EVERYTHING

Darko
Go to Top of Page

shawnsmith

Czech Republic
2048 Posts

Posted - 12/04/2006 :  16:25:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Karen

I am sorry if I did not repsond to you, but I honeslty cannot remember getting a query from you. In addition, I do not follow the numerous threads on this forum as there are so many.

Again, my apologies, and thanks for sharing your feelings with me.

Shawn
Go to Top of Page

Singer_Artist

USA
1516 Posts

Posted - 12/04/2006 :  17:14:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanx for the apology, Shawn, all is well..I was also refering to the reply I wrote about the "Secret" movie as I was so blown away by that movie..I so appreciated you letting us all know about it, and I have passed it on to many others as well..It was exactly what I needed to hear at this time in my life..
Take care,
Karen
Go to Top of Page

shawnsmith

Czech Republic
2048 Posts

Posted - 12/04/2006 :  19:17:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I agree that "The Secret" is a good movie, and quite inspiring. It is not so easy to put into practice as I, like most other people, tend to focus my attention on my immediate circumstances.

The visualiztion to the point I can feel I already have what I desire is a challenge for me personally, although I do recognize the validity of such a mindful exercise and thus it is worth pursuing. From my vanatage point seeing ourselves as being well meshes well with Dr. Sarno's 12 daily reminders:
http://www.tmshelp.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=2488&SearchTerms=daily,reminders

Go to Top of Page

Wavy Soul

USA
779 Posts

Posted - 12/04/2006 :  23:15:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yes, great thread, me too. I thank God for TMS and for everything. The cool thing is to be able to do this AND AND AND

admit how pissed off and enraged part of me also is at "God"

BOTH/AND boys and girls, no?

xx

Love is the answer, whatever the question
Go to Top of Page

Singer_Artist

USA
1516 Posts

Posted - 12/05/2006 :  12:22:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I know what you mean, Shawn..I have the same difficulties..It is very hard not to think about your current circumstances especially when you are in pain, physical or mental..But somehow, someway we all need to get our minds into a positive, hopeful state..As it says in the movie our current situations are the result of our thoughts/emotions we had in the past..SO as we speak we are currently creating our futures..fascinating and maddening..
:)
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
TMSHelp Forum © TMSHelp.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000