TMSHelp Forum
TMSHelp Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Resources | Links | Policy
Username:
Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 TMSHelp
 TMSHelp General Forum
 THIS IS SO FUNNY!!!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Redsandro

Netherlands
217 Posts

Posted - 11/21/2006 :  12:51:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Today I worked on the computer for half a day, without complaints!
(If you're just joining us, I've had RSI for 6 years.)

At the end I did notice a slight bruised feeling (at the inner side of my arms, which was totally new, which made me think it was for real this time for a moment), but to put my mind on something else I went jogging for 25 minutes. Back home, I started cooking, during wich I experienced SEVERE BACK PAIN!! omg...

I felt the exact same thing many times before, usually when walking 15 mins. from the railroad to my home with (slightly) heavy equipment or a travelbag, which I thought was normal since I have a wrong grown spine, BUT NEVER WHEN COOKING!

I think the books I bought for the TMS story to cure RSI, that mentioned a LOT of back pain, are to blame!

Now I have to read the whole internet again and focus on curing back pain as well!

Stryder

686 Posts

Posted - 11/21/2006 :  14:35:10  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Now I have to read the whole internet again...
Wow ! Before you do that read HBP, MBP or TDM about 10 times. -Stryder

Edited by - Stryder on 11/21/2006 14:36:16
Go to Top of Page

armchairlinguist

USA
1397 Posts

Posted - 11/21/2006 :  14:39:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Nope, you just need to remember that both back pain and RSI are part of the same thing: TMS. Just use the same techniques for both.

You're doing great! Right now you're experiencing "the symptom imperative", where symptoms try to move around to convince you they are real. They might go somewhere old (your back) or somewhere new (your inner arms). They are all the same. Don't let them fool you. Keep up the good work.

--
Wherever you go, there you are.
Go to Top of Page

Redsandro

Netherlands
217 Posts

Posted - 11/21/2006 :  18:16:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Today I feel like an old man. But I just did some journaling so I hope I irritated my unconscious more then it does me.

And now, some words by Peter Steele:

I've got a problem
A problem with hate
I can't go on dragging this weight
A cold steel hand that won't let go
Acid-filled thoughts out of control

I built myself a nice little cage
With bars of anger and a lock of rage
I can't help asking: Who's got the key?
When I know damned well - it's me

tennis tom

USA
4749 Posts

Posted - 11/21/2006 :  23:36:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
"I have a wrong grown spine,"

Redsandro, what do you mean by that?
Go to Top of Page

Wavy Soul

USA
779 Posts

Posted - 11/22/2006 :  00:32:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yeah, give your beautiful spine a break!

I think that the moving around of symptoms is one of the wonders of the world. If that doesn't make us SMELL A RAT...

Love is the answer, whatever the question
Go to Top of Page

Redsandro

Netherlands
217 Posts

Posted - 11/22/2006 :  03:22:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I hope it's this imperative thing.. but it does puzzle me. I was more happy yesterday (before the back pain) then I was in weeeks. I did work more on one day then I did in weeks, and I did some really fast showering and cooking, wich I didn't do that fast in weeks. Legimit complaints because my back has been lazy for months, or TMS because it's such a darn coincidence now I'm reading all about back pain..

quote:
Originally posted by tennis tom

"I have a wrong grown spine,"

Redsandro, what do you mean by that?

It's a condition where the spine is, exaggeratedly spoken more 'I' curve in stead of 'S' curve. My back is always tired quicker because of that. At least that's what I've experienced during my life and now I don't know what part is TMS..

Edited by - Redsandro on 11/22/2006 03:23:41
Go to Top of Page

tennis tom

USA
4749 Posts

Posted - 11/22/2006 :  09:49:38  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
"It's a condition where the spine is, exaggeratedly spoken more 'I' curve in stead of 'S' curve. My back is always tired quicker because of that. At least that's what I've experienced during my life and now I don't know what part is TMS.."

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Red,

You threw that in so casually about your back. So you believe that you have a "BAD" back. It sounds like something you were "told" at some point in your youth and has stuck and helped debilitate you ever since.

You are aware that the Good Doctor cut his teeth on back stuff and that the spine is strong, the ab muscles are strong, we are strong but the mind can weaken especially when it is given a powerful nocebo by a trusted figure in a white-coat. The mind gives up before the body.

If you've felt you have a weak back all your life, why not a weak wrist or a weak anything and eventually a weak EVERYTHING.

Can you explain your back issue and whether you still believe it's true or TMS.
Go to Top of Page

Redsandro

Netherlands
217 Posts

Posted - 11/22/2006 :  20:03:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Not exactly; when I was young, I noticed my back looked different to that of other people. When I asked my mother why, she said I have the (I forgot the name - the 'knuckles' grow wrong, you can see it through the skin, like Smeagôl from Lord of the Rings) anomality in my back, just like her and my grandma.

I never thought of it as a bad back, just too bad I didn't look 'normal.' But later in my life, when carrying heavy stuff during walking, I noticed pain. It usually went away after relaxing for an hour. Since the pain never persisted, I saw this as logical since my back is not optimal, and even if it was, not everyone is equally strong. And I still doubt it is TMS.. I am quite sure what I experienced the other day (this thread) is TMS! But when stressing my back? I think some things got to hurt... not EVERYTHING in the world can be TMS right? I'm slightly confused here.

Edited by - Redsandro on 11/22/2006 20:04:16
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
TMSHelp Forum © TMSHelp.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000