TMSHelp Forum
TMSHelp Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Resources | Links | Policy
Username:
Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 TMSHelp
 TMSHelp General Forum
 Symptom help please
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

painintheneck

USA
124 Posts

Posted - 11/19/2006 :  14:33:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have had now for the last 2 weeks headaches about every day, mostly in the back of my head. Dull constant pain. I also have a painful almost itchy scalp and it feels like it's spreading to my face. I've had this same sensation on my shoulder muscles so it in its self isn't new. Has anyone had this stuff and have any idea what it is??

Littlebird

USA
391 Posts

Posted - 11/19/2006 :  16:12:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I've had similar headaches at times and odd skin sensations in a number of areas. Can you relate the onset of these things to emotional events? I used to go to the chiropractor for the headaches, and he'd say I had muscle tension in my neck, but I stopped going and found the headaches go away when I stop worrying about them. The root cause is TMS, so if you can focus on that instead of looking for a physical cause, you're likely to get rid of it more quickly.

Best wishes!
Go to Top of Page

painintheneck

USA
124 Posts

Posted - 11/19/2006 :  18:43:12  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks I am going to give it a BIG try. I think my monthly hormone changes have brought a lot of this on.
Go to Top of Page

Littlebird

USA
391 Posts

Posted - 11/19/2006 :  21:19:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
That's interesting, because most of the time when I get those back of the head type headaches it also seems to be related to the timing of the hormonal shifts. I've had hormonal migraines since I had my son, twenty years ago, but these tension type headaches only started about 9 years ago, around the time that I started taking care of my parents.

I went to the chiropractor every month because I'd have the headache for a week or longer if I didn't. Once it lasted 3 weeks before I finally got to see the chiropractor. But when I decided I couldn't afford to go anymore I found that the headache did always go away on it's own after several days. I finally decided to stop thinking about them so much and do my best to ignore it. When I noticed the headache I'd just think "That's ok, it will be gone soon." They got shorter then. And since I learned about TMS they only last a day, so I think they may disappear entirely before long.

Let me know how it goes for you--Corey
Go to Top of Page

Wavy Soul

USA
779 Posts

Posted - 11/20/2006 :  00:19:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Oh, this is interesting, re hormones. Has anyone read "It's My Ovaries, Stupid," by Elizabeth Vliet. She points out that almost ALL women's symptoms (from migraines to fibro to depression) coincide with their cycle and are therefore linked to hormones.

No, I'm not going all medical and symptomatic on you! But if there is a kind of chain of events, for me, I would say that the emotions affect the hormones which affect the rest of the symptomatic stuff, big time. In fact, I bet it's all linked to the processes like ischemia by which the unconscious emotions lead to need for distraction which leads to an executive process to create same.

Do you know what I mean anyone?

Love is the answer, whatever the question
Go to Top of Page

Littlebird

USA
391 Posts

Posted - 11/20/2006 :  00:40:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have two of Dr. Vliet's books, Screaming to Be Heard, and Women, Weight and Hormones.

I like the thought that emotions could be affecting the hormones. That may explain why occasionally I don't get the migraine and why some months I have no PMS and other months feel like ripping people's heads off for smiling wrong. Maybe I'm influencing the hormones as much as they seem to influence me. Good thinking, Wavy.
Go to Top of Page

Wavy Soul

USA
779 Posts

Posted - 11/22/2006 :  00:11:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
"Maybe I'm influencing the hormones as much as they seem to influence me. Good thinking, Wavy."

Wow! I realize that even though I said this, I have been feeling victimized by hormones for years.

Yet another bit of freedom!

Yea!

Love is the answer, whatever the question
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
TMSHelp Forum © TMSHelp.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000