TMSHelp Forum
TMSHelp Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Resources | Links | Policy
Username:
Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 TMSHelp
 TMSHelp General Forum
 Knot in throat..
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

joela

USA
44 Posts

Posted - 10/23/2006 :  13:45:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Has anyone ever developed a feeling of a knot in your throat and a dull pain in the upper stomach area? That seems to be my newest. thanks for any help.

FlyByNight

Canada
209 Posts

Posted - 10/23/2006 :  16:21:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
yes, in my case, it was an oesophagian spasm that can be TMS induced. it vanished one day after 2 years of pain (before knowing sarno).

P"
Go to Top of Page

joela

USA
44 Posts

Posted - 10/23/2006 :  17:25:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
thanks P. We have so many of the same symptoms!
Go to Top of Page

floorten

United Kingdom
120 Posts

Posted - 10/23/2006 :  18:09:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
This might also signify energy surfacing in your throat chakra, which can give you that "choked-up" feeling, like when you're trying to hold back tears.

The throat chakra is related to vocal expression of emotions, so if you're the type to keep quiet and swallow your negative thoughts, you're gonna feel it here when they surface again later.

Alternatively, if you believe chakras are all new-agey nonsense, ignore all of the above ;-)

--
"What the Thinker thinks, the Prover proves."
Robert Anton Wilson
Go to Top of Page

drziggles

USA
292 Posts

Posted - 10/24/2006 :  07:58:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The symptom you describe, when stress-related, is known as "globus hystericus". I would search that on the forum, because I believe it has been a topic of discussion previously.
Go to Top of Page

tennis tom

USA
4749 Posts

Posted - 10/24/2006 :  11:09:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by floorten

Alternatively, if you believe chakras are all new-agey nonsense, ignore all of the above ;-)

---------------------------------------------------------------------

The Ayurvedic Yogic Chakra system may be just as valid a mindbody system to obtain well-being--physical and mental as any other system. It may be new-age here, but it has been practiced in India, starting 5000 years ago.

You can learn a lot by observing stuff while sitting in lotus and meditating for 5000 years. Using surgery and an rx pad to fix everything is relatively new, going back to barber's doing blood-letting, about 100 years ago.

Some here have espoused Claire Weeke's system as well as numerous others. They all may be good and get you to the same place but they all require reading at least one new book, and learning a new system.

I have more new books stacked up than I will ever have time to read in my lifetime; therefore, for my mindbody health I'm going to try to learn how to practice Dr. Sarno's method. It comes out of the era and culture that I am most familiar with.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
TMSHelp Forum © TMSHelp.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000