TMSHelp Forum
TMSHelp Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Resources | Links | Policy
Username:
Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 TMSHelp
 TMSHelp General Forum
 OT: TennisTom is 1000
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Penny

USA
364 Posts

Posted - 09/29/2006 :  12:05:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Congrats to TennisTom on his 1000th post! TT, Your contribution here has helped me significantly. Thank you!

>|< Penny
Non illigitamus carborundum.

Michele

249 Posts

Posted - 09/29/2006 :  13:15:41  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'll second that! Thank Tom! I'm jealous, you got the orange stars - one of my favorite colors! :)
Go to Top of Page

h2oskier25

USA
395 Posts

Posted - 09/29/2006 :  15:02:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Alright TT.

Way to go with the Millenial Post.

We should send you a thousand Cinnamon Pop Tarts, if they still made them.

Beth
Go to Top of Page

tennis tom

USA
4749 Posts

Posted - 10/02/2006 :  01:28:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks for the kudos one and all. I didn't even notice the magic number creeping up and suddenly I looked up and it was there.

When I saw that it ocurred on my "TMS IN A NUTSHELL" thread, I did feel a bit proud, I must say, and felt a a bit of an eppiphany. And I did it all without the help of steroids.

I guess I can qualify for the VA now as a 4 star TMS general. When I was deep in my "significant depression" a while back I was feeling a bit "sensitive" to my high post count and stopped posting and wished that the number of posts weren't being tracked. Now I don't care much one way or another about it. It's just something the computer program does.

Thanks for the offer of the Pop-Tart's H20 but I'm feeling the pressure to improve my nutriton of late for some strange reason and have gone yuppy and moved up to crumpets and lime curd.

Edited by - tennis tom on 10/02/2006 01:29:40
Go to Top of Page

Plantweed

USA
109 Posts

Posted - 10/02/2006 :  06:22:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I like Tom's posts, even if he's "wrong" about med MJ!
Go to Top of Page

tennis tom

USA
4749 Posts

Posted - 10/02/2006 :  10:40:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Plantweed

I like Tom's posts, even if he's "wrong" about med MJ!

Thanks Plantweed,

I appreciate that. And nothing wrong with saying someone is "wrong". That can lead to dialog and making things "right" hopefully. It's when folks say one is wrong and stupid that things go down hill fast.

Being "right" all the time is a lot of TMS creating pressure. Part of the learning or scientific process is being "wrong" a lot. Babe Ruth the home run champ also lead in strike-outs.

I think all this pressure on being "right" all the time comes from a serious defect in our education sytem. We get "a-head" in our culture by testing and being "right" the most. The one with the highest score wins...what? the job...the ulcers, the girl...the divorce...the alimony?

Our education system rewards the individual who tests right the most. It's based on the ability to reguretate data the most accurately...not on any accomplishment. Get the highest SAT, get accepted by Harvard, become a tenured prof, have the TA's write your books, retire, golf, die. Whoopee. Never made a mistake. Answered every question "right". Inscription on tombstone: "Never Had a Gotcha' Moment"--srtike that, burial at sea, not even a tombstone or a lawn plaque, maybe a picture on a wall in a gloomy institution's corridor.

I remember in grammar school, studying the Am. Indians, they would leave an imperfection in their blankets for the evil spirits to escape. In our culture we allow no room for error. That's a lot of TMS pressure.

A- was always my favotite grade, I liked B+'s too. Got accepted by Berkeley, thank my lucky stars, I didn't go there and went to State instead.

So Plantweed, when are you going to tell us how you got your monniker, "Plantweed"?

Edited by - tennis tom on 10/03/2006 09:20:00
Go to Top of Page

Plantweed

USA
109 Posts

Posted - 10/03/2006 :  05:54:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It's just a childhood nickname, no big story.

I wonder if Europeans, with their more laid-back, day-at-a-time lifestyle, get TMS less than Americans?
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
TMSHelp Forum © TMSHelp.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000