TMSHelp Forum
TMSHelp Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Resources | Links | Policy
Username:
Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 TMSHelp
 TMSHelp General Forum
 A Quote from Lefty
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

tennis tom

USA
4749 Posts

Posted - 09/29/2006 :  10:51:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I get a forthnighly newsletter from my tennis buddy Lefty, who is nearing 80 and has competed with the best players on the planet during his career. I gave him a copy of MBRX years ago and he was generally agreeable to it. He has a doctorate in psychology, which would not pre-dispose someone to accepting TMS theory.

I'd like to quote a passge from his latest newletter that touched me as being TMS'y:

"Living in this time and place as we are it is hard to wait for something as quiet and as retiring as our bodies to let us know when the right time is when our so-called minds are so much faster and our ambitions want to ourtrun our bodies' modest wants. Today I had a day of waiting for the body to say what it wanted to do and I got plenty done."

See ya' in the desert Lefty

h2oskier25

USA
395 Posts

Posted - 09/29/2006 :  15:04:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Wow. Nothing wrong with Lefty's mind.

Beth
Go to Top of Page

Wavy Soul

USA
779 Posts

Posted - 10/01/2006 :  05:24:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I remember Lefty! He did a lot of work with his Primal Scream buddy Janov.

Love is the answer, whatever the question
Go to Top of Page

art

1903 Posts

Posted - 10/01/2006 :  12:33:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
He has a doctorate in psychology, which would not pre-dispose someone to accepting TMS theory
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

But why not?
Go to Top of Page

tennis tom

USA
4749 Posts

Posted - 10/01/2006 :  21:04:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Wavy Soul

I remember Lefty! He did a lot of work with his Primal Scream buddy Janov.

Love is the answer, whatever the question

Sounds like Lefty, he also worked for Werner Erhard at est. I hope to be seeing him in a few weeks down in the desert and hit some balls with him on the grass courts. I'll show him your website WavyS. Let me know if you want me to say hi or anything.
Go to Top of Page

tennis tom

USA
4749 Posts

Posted - 10/01/2006 :  21:21:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by art

quote:
He has a doctorate in psychology, which would not pre-dispose someone to accepting TMS theory

But why not?

Ok, here goes Art:

Quoteing from Dr. Sarno's, THE DIVIDED MIND, page 92:

"One would think that psychoanlysts, who have been criticized for their lack of objective data, would jump at the chance to support such evidence of mindbody disorders, but unfortunately, most psychoanlysts are unaware of the existence of TMS and are unable to capitalize on this important piece of information. That is one of the reasons for this book."
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
TMSHelp Forum © TMSHelp.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000