TMSHelp Forum
TMSHelp Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Resources | Links | Policy
Username:
Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 TMSHelp
 TMSHelp General Forum
 Obsessing to get better
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page  
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

marytabby

USA
545 Posts

Posted - 09/14/2006 :  03:57:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
TT, San Diego was also suggested by a friend two years ago. I am not looking to move, but was doing an exercise on being open minded to it down the road if I ever decide on a job change. San Diego sounds like the climate I'd like. I have to look more into it in general so thanks for suggesting it.
Go to Top of Page

Penny

USA
364 Posts

Posted - 09/14/2006 :  19:46:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Mary,

Can't remember if I told you this, but my rheumy told me my CTS was so bad I needed surgery on both my wrists due to permanent nerve damage. He said he had never seen such damage in a person my age (I'm 35) and that surgery was my only hope if I wanted to use my wrists w/o pain!

He was wrong. The excrutiating crippling pain, pins and needles are GONE!!!! I've retrained my brain and repudiated the official "professional diagnosis", and I don't wear wristlets or splints at all anymore. I didn't have surgery and I have ZERO pain in my hands and wrists. I was on the track to having surgery and considered having injections.

I had CTS for 10 years and it's now gone. Completely GONE!

>|< Penny

Non illigitamus carborundum.
Go to Top of Page

h2oskier25

USA
395 Posts

Posted - 09/15/2006 :  07:26:37  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Mary,

You said something that brought back memories for me, when you said your wrist pain was worse in the mornings.

BINGO - TMS.

I ONLY had TMS in the wrists (7 years) and I went to all the hand surgeons (who have yet to see an MRI they like) and the neuro's and all that.

I used to remind myself it was TMS by citing the morning pain. I mean really! I was asleep for 8 or more hours. What could I possibly do to hurt them during the night!?

Keep evaluating your life and why you feel a move would do you good . . . Use those wrists.

Regards,

Beth
Go to Top of Page

armchairlinguist

USA
1397 Posts

Posted - 09/15/2006 :  10:33:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
I used to remind myself it was TMS by citing the morning pain. I mean really! I was asleep for 8 or more hours. What could I possibly do to hurt them during the night!?

Also the fact that it's only one wrist (if I understand correctly). Why would it only be one? We use both of our hands to do things.

After I got better, I realized that I'd been fed tons of nonsensical justifications for why my pain was worse on one side than the other in the arms, and worse on the opposite side in the neck and back. Why it was only in my forearms. Why I never had numbness, just pain. Why the pain was worse in certain spots. And why it would be worse at night (they can come up with lots of reasons, as you no doubt know).

But I think these crazy justifications are signs that the pain doesn't make sense, and thus signs of TMS. They can be hard to recognize if they're what you're used to hearing (I still moderate an RSI community, so I've heard 'em all) but if you think carefully they're silly.

--
Wherever you go, there you are.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
TMSHelp Forum © TMSHelp.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000