TMSHelp Forum
TMSHelp Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Resources | Links | Policy
Username:
Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 TMSHelp
 TMSHelp General Forum
 teeth infection
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

peony

Canada
10 Posts

Posted - 08/28/2006 :  06:27:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
First, I'd like to report that my alleged GERD, which I had for years and complained about on this board a few weeks ago, has almost disappeared. When symptoms recur, there's an obvious emotional component. This happened after I followed your various posts, studied Sarno, quit all medication and supplements and gradually stopped obsessing about my symptoms and diet. So thank you all.

Now for something else on which I'd like your opinion: Over the years I've had what seems to me an abnormal number of abscessed teeth. Two back teeth were extracted and root canals were done on others. Now two dentists have told me I have to have a FRONT tooth extracted. Horrors! This tooth had a root canal decades ago. Apparently the x-rays show an infection, and early this summer there was a flare-up in which I had severe pain and my face blew up like a balloon. I got better only after a course of penicillin.

Sarno suggests that immune-system problems can be TMS-related. I wonder whether all are, and whether TMS work could stave off the surgery that's scheduled for next month. TennisTom has talked about a healed ulcer. Can viruses and bacteria be laid to rest, too? I should perhaps mention that I'm otherwise strong and healthy. I think.

art

1903 Posts

Posted - 08/28/2006 :  07:17:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
peony,

I'm no doctor, but my suspicion is that localized infections like that are not treatable by mind/body work...On the other hand, I think I read that periodontal disease might be worsened by stress..

Be interested in hearing from others...

Incidentally, I almost got out of surgery once by mixing up a paste of hydrogen peroxide and baking soda and applying it under the gum line...It really helped, but unfortunately I had too much bone loss so I had to have the surgery anyway

Edited by - art on 08/28/2006 07:18:07
Go to Top of Page

Susie

USA
319 Posts

Posted - 08/28/2006 :  07:42:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
From what I remember in school, peoples saliva can be a cause for the creation of tarter which ,of course, causes tooth decay. My sister has to have her teeth cleaned every 3 months and has a tremendous amount of tarter buildup. She has had alot of gum and bone problems because of this. She has great oral hygiene. I just don't get tarter. Infections of the tooth are very localized and therefore,I'm guessing,are not a reflection of the immune system.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
TMSHelp Forum © TMSHelp.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000