TMSHelp Forum
TMSHelp Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Resources | Links | Policy
Username:
Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 TMSHelp
 TMSHelp General Forum
 IBS
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

molomaf

119 Posts

Posted - 08/27/2006 :  17:48:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I know that many of you have had IBS and said that it went away when your back pain did. Thank G-D, I no longer have any back pain but my IBS is still here. Is there something I can tell myself when I am out of the house and I feel the "urgency"? Is there a strategy?
Thanks-

Michele

Susie

USA
319 Posts

Posted - 08/27/2006 :  18:08:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I think you are worring too much about the "urgency" which, of course,creates more urgency. Just tell yourself that you can always find a bathroom and go on with your life. It's the same as the pain. What if I go some where and the pain is unbearable? Refuse to limit your day by your possible bathroom pitstops. That doesn't mean that on some days you won't have frequency and pain but they are both harmless. I have found that they diminish when the fear diminishes.
Go to Top of Page

tallpaul

15 Posts

Posted - 08/27/2006 :  18:47:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Michele,

I has terrible "IBS" for 10 years and "cured" it with homemeade yogurt. I know that is not the Sarno TMS cure for it, but it worked for me after trying many other remedies. Good Luck,

Paul
Go to Top of Page

molomaf

119 Posts

Posted - 08/27/2006 :  20:05:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks Susie and Paul,

Susie,
I absolutely go about my day and I know all the bathrooms everywhere I go. I'm just tired of living like this.

Paul,
Is this yogurt from the Specific Carbohydrate Diet? I did a three week no dairy and no wheat regime and it made no difference but I didn't do the homemade yogurt. Are you following the SCD or are you saying that it is just the yogurt that makes the difference?
Michele
Go to Top of Page

Suz

559 Posts

Posted - 08/28/2006 :  07:03:41  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
IBS is pschologically induced - diets act as powerful placebos - no amount of eating this or avoiding that will really get to the root of the problem - don't fall for that.
It is TMS - plain and simple. Do the work in the same way you did for your back pain - when you have overcome the fear, the brain will give up
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
TMSHelp Forum © TMSHelp.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000