TMSHelp Forum
TMSHelp Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Resources | Links | Policy
Username:
Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 TMSHelp
 TMSHelp General Forum
 Interstitial Cystitis
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

pointraisin

5 Posts

Posted - 08/25/2006 :  20:53:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi,

I'm new here, but a long advocate of Dr. Sarno. I've used his method in the past to cure back pain. I was recently told I had Interstitial Cystitis. I had a urinary tract infection 2 1/2 months ago; the infection went away with antibiotics, but the feeling of urinary urgency and discomfort returned. The urologist says my bladder is healthy.

Then it dawned on me this might be a TMS Equivalent - ie, there's nothing physically wrong with me, I began thinking about my pain/discomfort all the time, I found myself living in total fear about what to eat, etc.

If anyone out there can confirm their experiences with Interstitial Cystitis being a TMS Equivalent, it would help me greatly as I'm trying to develop the mindset to fight this. Thanks so much!

miche

Canada
283 Posts

Posted - 08/25/2006 :  21:30:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi, I don't know the connection to tms, although I would consider it a possibility, I am told that this condition is often seen in people who suffer from fibro which is super tms, I have been lucky not to have experienced this as I hear it is quite painful.
Until someone from this board can enlighten you , here is something to help you lessen your pain, I tried it for a bladder infection once and it offered much relief

Most people have baking soda in the house. Get a level teaspoon of it and add it to one third cup of water. Let it fully dissolve and drink it. It doesnt taste great but it will stop the pain in about twenty minutes. The burning will go away! I'm not kidding. This will solve the immediate problem. I think it changes the ph of the body which is too acid. It makes it more alkaline and that somehow works.
Hope this helps.
Miche
Go to Top of Page

Susie

USA
319 Posts

Posted - 08/25/2006 :  22:01:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
7or8 years ago when I was in a huge tms outbreak(had no idea at the time what tms was) I had cystitis for weeks. It was absolutely horrible. Alot of pain and discomfort and I had to find a bathroom every 15 minutes. I kept getting a urinalysis but could find no infection. I just bought gallons of cranberry juice and lived with it. It eventually went away. It sometimes comes back mildly as an equivalent symptom if I am stressed. I know now it's nothing and it usually leaves in a day or two. Don't worry about it. It is just a harmless miserable symptom and will go away if you treat it as such.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
TMSHelp Forum © TMSHelp.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000