TMSHelp Forum
TMSHelp Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Resources | Links | Policy
Username:
Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 TMSHelp
 TMSHelp General Forum
 A Problem with Weather
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page  
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

jrnythpst

USA
134 Posts

Posted - 08/28/2006 :  12:49:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Is there anyway to have Polls one here? (Surveys) That way we could post questions and see the precentage that have it in common in one quick glance. Like how many people prefer heat (like me) to cold. I think it might be interesting to see what types of similarties there are amongst our TMS society.

Hugs,
Ali Cat
Go to Top of Page

peony

Canada
10 Posts

Posted - 08/28/2006 :  14:38:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I think I was born cold. At this moment, I'm wearing a tank top, a cotton turtleneck and a thick wool sweater. Socks, of course, but my feet are still like blocks of ice. It's August, for crying out loud. But it's August in the Canadian Maritimes. Art, if you think New England is cool and damp.... It's almost never warm enough for me here, and I was born and raised here. When other people are complaining about the heat on our rare warm days, I'm happy. I adore the desert -- outdoors, that is. Can't stand the air-conditioning. Maybe it is a TMS thing.
Go to Top of Page

weatherman

USA
184 Posts

Posted - 08/28/2006 :  15:17:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I just had to respond to Hilary N's post, having lived in England a couple of years growing up. People around here are skeptical when I tell them I would take a Montana winter over an English winter any day. I thought the people in England were great - maybe the weather is character-building? A sunny day in the winter in Montana with a high of zero (F) can be reasonably nice, while a 30-degree winter day in England will freeze you to the core no matter what you're wearng. Maybe that explains the hardiness of the early English polar explorers?

I notice lots of TMS people saying they prefer heat, which doesn't fit me. I can't stand overcast (although I love a good thunderstorm or blizzard), but I'm truly miserable if it stays hot at night (usually not a problem in Montana). I spent a few years in Salt Lake and that's one thing I don't miss.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
TMSHelp Forum © TMSHelp.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000