TMSHelp Forum
TMSHelp Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Resources | Links | Policy
Username:
Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 TMSHelp
 TMSHelp General Forum
 Hi I'm back (it's holly)
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

holly

USA
243 Posts

Posted - 08/07/2006 :  15:52:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I just wrote this whole very long post only to loose it because I wasn't logged in right(ugggggh!) So I will make this one short.

Hello All! After being reffered by someone from here to a forum for women with breast implant problems many months ago (a condition that was NOT TMS) I decided my implants had to come out without replacement! I had my surgery on 6/30. I went from a DD to very small breasts at age 48. (I am ok with that). I am an old timer here and now that my implants are out I went to attempt to drive drive my new LEXUS SUV (which I had to buy to replace my way too stiff hard driving (steering) Mercedes SUV due to increasing my breast pain from the implants). I have developed neck shoulder/ pain( of course which is TMS again)from this car. It wasn't enough that I went through a year of hell with these implants and finally flew all the way across the country to have them removed by one of 3 top plastic surgeons who know how to remove them without wanting you to replace them with more implants. I have reconised this is TMS because I had similar TMS problem about 11 years ago with my neck/shoulder and was treated very successfully by DR. Sarno. TMS became a thing of the past for me. I had minor bouts here and there but overcame them all. The car has been an issue all along since I developed problems with my breast implants. I should say not being able to steer the car without causing pain in my breasts because of the implant problem has been a ongoing issue. So now I attempt it since they are out and develope neck and shoulder dull pain on my "good" side which has not gone away. I realise TMS is back. I have been in PT both during & after this implant problem to get my range of motion back in my arms from lack of use. They say my muscles are very tight and they are. I am a little over a month out of surgery and as my breasts heal and feel better my neck starts from the car now. How typical of TMS! I admit the whole breast implant thing had to be deep down enraging (of course) even though I went through it all pretty calmly. How couldn't it be?? I will keep driving this Lexus and ignor the neck/shoulder pain and hope I can acheave the same sucess with TMS in the past. I barely finish with one thing and now I can't catch a break for even a minute from some kind of pain. How typical??? Hi to all my old friends by the way!

~holly~

Edited by - holly on 08/07/2006 15:53:10

art

1903 Posts

Posted - 08/07/2006 :  17:25:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Holly,

Welcome back. I remember you well and wish you all the best for a speedy recovery...

Go to Top of Page

holly

USA
243 Posts

Posted - 08/07/2006 :  17:50:03  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
thank you Art. I remember you too! Sorry that you are still here lol
Go to Top of Page

art

1903 Posts

Posted - 08/07/2006 :  18:04:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by holly

thank you Art. I remember you too! Sorry that you are still here lol

This is pretty much the only forum that will have me
Go to Top of Page

Susie

USA
319 Posts

Posted - 08/07/2006 :  20:24:29  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Holly, a couple of weeks before I found Dr. Sarno my back "went out" and I blamed it on my Lexus suv. I traded it off because I was totally convinced the seat hurt my back. Now I know it was just tms and, of course,the car had absolutely nothing to do with it. Deal with what is bothering you,perhaps the change in your body,and keep the car.
Go to Top of Page

holly

USA
243 Posts

Posted - 08/08/2006 :  15:33:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I actually started re-reading the book again and already that nagging neck pain is almost completly diminished!! It is amazing! I can't wait to finish the book again(even though boring for like the 3rd. time in 11 years reading it) I drove the car yesterday and will continue tomorrow or Thursday. Do you find thelEXUS suv door heavy?? Do you think the wheel is a little stiff to turn?? I find the seats very comfortable. Years ago I thought I always had to use a seat support in order to prevent sciatia. It was BS!!
Go to Top of Page

Susie

USA
319 Posts

Posted - 08/08/2006 :  17:21:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Holly, I thought it was a great car. I had 3 of them. I traded for a bmw suv and liked it better. By the way guys, it' a company car.
Go to Top of Page

drziggles

USA
292 Posts

Posted - 08/09/2006 :  09:19:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Perhaps going for a hybrid coupe instead of another hulking SUV would decrease the physical and psychic weight of driving... :)
Go to Top of Page

Susie

USA
319 Posts

Posted - 08/09/2006 :  13:11:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Dr. Z, You are probably right. I got rid of the suv in Feb. and bought a coupe that gets 37 miles per gallon. Hard to fit everyone in but it drives great.
Go to Top of Page

holly

USA
243 Posts

Posted - 08/09/2006 :  15:11:03  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by drziggles

Perhaps going for a hybrid coupe instead of another hulking SUV would decrease the physical and psychic weight of driving... :)

I tried that first but the steering was even tighter!! We are all for conserving here!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
TMSHelp Forum © TMSHelp.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000