TMSHelp Forum
TMSHelp Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Resources | Links | Policy
Username:
Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 TMSHelp
 TMSHelp General Forum
 quitting nsaids and stretching
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page  
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

tomc

3 Posts

Posted - 08/22/2006 :  20:32:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
This is my first post and I have read a couple of Dr Sarno's books. I have lower back pain that is not consistent but mainly on the upper hip bones and glutes. I have been trying to move the thoughts from that pain to other issues and have really backed off the drugs and stretching except for walking 30 mins/day for 4 weeks. It has been a month and I seem to be experiencing a positive change after almost 7 years of significant pain. X-rays show mild arthritis and two MRI's show no indication of a problem that would result in the pain. The MRI doc said "walk 30 mins/day" back in January 2006 and it was not until Dr Sarno's book that I could do that. But there are set backs and still erratic twinges. Should I keep walking and be patient after 7 years of pain? I am 61, otherwise in good health. And what is "journaling".
Go to Top of Page

Scottydog

United Kingdom
330 Posts

Posted - 08/23/2006 :  14:20:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Tom,
go to the search option and type journalling - there is loads of stuff, basically it is writing daily and completely honestly about your thoughts, worries etc. It helps get to the heart of your problems and stops thoughts going round and round in your head.

anne
Go to Top of Page

tomc

3 Posts

Posted - 08/23/2006 :  19:42:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Scottydog, thanks for the quick response. I have been keeping a juornal since I read Dr Sarno's Healing Back Pain, and probably need to put more of my feelings into it, since I now know what I was doing. After a divorce and some other conflicts in my life, I do have some residual anger and rage, the greatest being I just retired but have doubts about traveling because of the TMS monster. But when the pain starts, I just cuss it out and tell it to get lost, or other words I learned in the Navy. Seems to work, but after 7 years it may take a while to recondition the inner thing. I picked up my 2 year old grandson several times this past weekend for the first time in 8 months and just did it, and the repurcussions were minimum! Thanks.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
TMSHelp Forum © TMSHelp.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000