TMSHelp Forum
TMSHelp Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Resources | Links | Policy
Username:
Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 TMSHelp
 TMSHelp General Forum
 TMS Psychotherapist
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Healthy_Life

USA
4 Posts

Posted - 07/26/2006 :  20:08:42  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi All,

I would greatly appreciate a contact name and telephone number for a good psychotherapist familiar with TMS in the San Francisco Bay Area (preferably the East Bay).

Thank you in advance

Frank

Singer_Artist

USA
1516 Posts

Posted - 07/26/2006 :  21:29:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi There,
I went to a class given by a doctor in the Santa Cruz area back in like 1999 who was versed in TMS..His name was DR. Eisendorf, but I don't have his number...I am sure you can find it through 411...Good luck..:)
~Karen
Go to Top of Page

tennis tom

USA
4749 Posts

Posted - 07/27/2006 :  09:19:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Healthy_Life

Hi All,

I would greatly appreciate a contact name and telephone number for a good psychotherapist familiar with TMS in the San Francisco Bay Area (preferably the East Bay).

Thank you in advance

Frank

----------------------------------------------------

Hi Frank,

There are NONE that I know of. If you find one please let us know. Here's a list of contacts for two TMS doctors in NORCAL. I have seen DR. Eisendorf. The last time I talked with him, he had closed his practice to new patients, but things can change. DR. Fatteh has participated on this board in the past.

Check with them. If there are any around here, I would imagine, they would be referring their TMS patients to them.

Pretty surprising that it's so hard to find one in this vortex of new-age thinking. In fact, I might be the best one around here, he, he. Don Dubin, a therapist in Beverly Hills, once told me, I had the best understaning of TMS he had seen in any of his patients. But I'm not planning on hanging out a shingle, I'm just a tennis player.

Here's a list from www.tarpityoga.com which also has TMS info on it:

San Francisco Bay Area

Parvez Fatteh, MD
24301 Southland Dr, #411
Hayward, CA 94545
www.pain-medicine.net
(510) 265-5795

or

Parvez Fatteh, MD
115 Ryan Industrial Ct. #208
San Ramon, CA 94583
www.pain-medicine.net
(925) 552-6363

Santa Cruz
Bruce Eisendorf, MD
2025 Soquel Avenue
Santa Cruz, CA 95062
www.scruzmedical.com
(831) 458-5524

Go to Top of Page

shari

USA
85 Posts

Posted - 07/27/2006 :  09:27:37  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm looking for psychotherapist here in San Francisco and I've come up with a couple of names I selected from a website. I'll let you know if I find a good one.
Go to Top of Page

Healthy_Life

USA
4 Posts

Posted - 07/28/2006 :  23:39:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by shari

I'm looking for psychotherapist here in San Francisco and I've come up with a couple of names I selected from a website. I'll let you know if I find a good one.

Go to Top of Page

Healthy_Life

USA
4 Posts

Posted - 07/28/2006 :  23:43:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Shari, Karen and Tom,

Thank you for your responses. I had already located Dr. Fatteh and sent him an e-mail. I will let you know if he provides me with any names. I am also trying to get some leads through my insurance company.

Take care,

Frank
Go to Top of Page

alix

USA
434 Posts

Posted - 07/29/2006 :  11:36:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Dr.Schechter gave me the following names of TMS knowledgeable therapists:

Owen Renik MD San Francisco
Carol Saturansky PhD San Francisco
Lyon Bret (Reichian therapist/TMS) Oakland
Go to Top of Page

tennis tom

USA
4749 Posts

Posted - 07/30/2006 :  09:29:55  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by alix

Dr.Schechter gave me the following names of TMS knowledgeable therapists:

Owen Renik MD San Francisco
Carol Saturansky PhD San Francisco
Lyon Bret (Reichian therapist/TMS) Oakland

Thanks for that info. All those names are new to me. I have not seen them here or on any other TMS info sites.

Maybe there is hope for TMS in the Bay Area. Sarno and his devotees need some minimal PR Marketing to spread the word. I would use my PR guy but I gave him the Good Doctor's book years ago. He took a look at it and said, "It was very innteresesting," and kept on getting surgery after surgery--hopeless--you can bring a horse/donkey, to water, but you can't make him drink.

Thanks for the info, I might give them calls next week and get their TMS backgrounds.

Regards,
tt
Go to Top of Page

Healthy_Life

USA
4 Posts

Posted - 07/31/2006 :  13:43:55  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Alix,

Thanks for the info. I was able to find phone numbers for Dr. Renik and Dr. Saturansky but can not locate Lyon Bret. Is it Brett Lyon or Lyon Bret? Do you happen to have a phone number for him?

Frank
Go to Top of Page

shari

USA
85 Posts

Posted - 07/31/2006 :  13:58:15  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
He's Bret Lyon and he's in Berkeley. He has a website: http://www.bodybreathbeing.com/bret.html
Go to Top of Page

armchairlinguist

USA
1397 Posts

Posted - 08/02/2006 :  14:36:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Did Dr. Eisendorf say why he's closed his practice to new patients? Seems like a weird thing for a TMS doctor to do, since he shouldn't need to see patients too many times before they are better...

--
Wherever you go, there you are.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
TMSHelp Forum © TMSHelp.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000