TMSHelp Forum
TMSHelp Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Resources | Links | Policy
Username:
Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 TMSHelp
 TMSHelp General Forum
 Mold and tms
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

miche

Canada
283 Posts

Posted - 07/06/2006 :  19:58:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I had my basement dug all around because of a water leak , was assured the problem was fixed, low and behold , just went down the basement and see a patch of black mold on the basement floor, seems the basement person has kept the water from coming in,through the wall, but there is water seeping through from under the basement floor and creating moisture, the interesting part is that as soon as I saw the mold I had instant muscle spasm, ran to the computer to investigate the connection between black mold and disease,found lots, remembered vaguely about reading that mold toxins can cause fibro and muscle pain, felt my sinuses get stuffier by the minute,had a three week sinus infection when the contractor did the work, all in all got myself all sore and worried until I realised that looking at it for a minute could not have cause such pain in my back and that I have had fibro for ten years and just moved here last January, another reminder of the havoc my mind can create , the only difference is that now I am more aware, still it will be difficult to go and clean it up without worrying about ill effects, and talk myself out of sinus, muscle pain and oh yeah...I forgot bleeding lungs, a real test for my new tms mind......

Nor

152 Posts

Posted - 07/06/2006 :  20:15:55  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Miche,
Just keep reminding yourself that there is absolutely nothing physically wrong w/your body. The control remains within you.
Go to Top of Page

drziggles

USA
292 Posts

Posted - 07/07/2006 :  09:22:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
You can add "mold toxicity" to the list of things that are most likely TMS, such as "multiple chemical sensitivities, ""chronic Lyme disease," and "sick building syndrome".
Go to Top of Page

art

1903 Posts

Posted - 07/07/2006 :  09:31:38  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey doc,

Is there any legitimacy to Lyme? If dogs are getting it, I guess it has to be real...Maybe the important word is "chronic?"

Edited by - art on 07/07/2006 09:32:00
Go to Top of Page

miche

Canada
283 Posts

Posted - 07/07/2006 :  09:37:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Appreciate your comments, but who says? are you a real doctor? did you read this somewhere? the reason I ask is that I so want to believe that you are right so if you can give me more info behind your view on this subject I would be grateful, right now I am running on faith alone, hearing facts would help, what about kids getting sick from mold contaminated portable schools? sorry there is still a little voice in my head that says danger.........yet I know that very few molds are toxic...feedback please?
Go to Top of Page

Indy

Canada
45 Posts

Posted - 07/07/2006 :  09:39:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Miche

I place a lot of value on gut feelings. However, your brain wants you to think and believe that mold is the root of your pain right now - how convenient a reason. Chances are that the mold is not affecting you that seriously right now, but may if you don't clean it up. You're right, mold CAN be nasty if exposed to it for a long period of time, especially if it's third generation and older. It becomes very toxic and can seriously affect the respiratory system and the air-born spores aid the growth of unfriendly Candida yeast that may already be in excess in the body. I have first-hand experience with this. Buy an antifungal, germicidal solution and spray any moldy areas that you see before your symptoms are not generated in your mind and go with your gut feelings.

Many blessings
Indy

Edited by - Indy on 07/07/2006 09:46:06
Go to Top of Page

Singer_Artist

USA
1516 Posts

Posted - 07/07/2006 :  09:41:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
You make a very good point, Art...One of the few things I like about living in the desert is that I don't have to worry about my doggies getting Lyme disease...It is a very real disease for dogs or people...As for the chronic aspect and it turning into arthritis, I don't know...maybe TMS could be a part of it..But surely dogs don't get TMS like us unfortunate humans do...
Go to Top of Page

miche

Canada
283 Posts

Posted - 07/07/2006 :  09:46:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Indy ,thank's for your reply but what is third generation and older?
Go to Top of Page

Singer_Artist

USA
1516 Posts

Posted - 07/07/2006 :  09:49:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
HI Miche,
I agree with Indy...It could be another convenient way for the TMS to settle in...HOWEVER...it is probably a good idea to get it out of your house completely, just to be on the safe side...If you want to be even more cautious about it, go to your local health food store and ask to speak to a nutritionist...Tell them what is going on and see if they have some sort of homeopathic or natural remedy for riding these toxins out of your system...if the symptoms do end up continuing...I hope they don't!
Hugs,
~Karen
Go to Top of Page

Indy

Canada
45 Posts

Posted - 07/07/2006 :  09:49:55  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Miche

"Third generation" means that everytime mold goes dormant and then regrows with the climatic changes in your basement, it becomes more toxic. Even the smell is more pungent. Would a dehumidifier work "down there"?

Indy
Go to Top of Page

miche

Canada
283 Posts

Posted - 07/07/2006 :  10:26:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Indy, I don't know how often this has regrown, we moved here in January, there was a little seepage coming in one corner through the wall, by spring I HAD A DEHIMIDIFIER RUNNING ALL THE TIME AS THE WATER COMING IN INCREASE DRAMATICALLY WITH EVERY RAIN FALL, sorry about the capital letters.....anyhow this is when we decided to get a contractor who dug all around the basement from the inside, put in these big plastic tubes and recement the floor where he dug up, that part is still dry but now the middle of the floor is getting humid and moldy, it could have been like this last summer I don't know, or maybe the work that the contractor has done somehow has made the problem worst, I thought that once I gave the contractor four thousand dollars, I would be rid of the humidity, but not so, I will clean it up but unless I GET THE PROBLEM FIXED IT WILL REOCCUR,MORE MONEY, I HATE THIS HOUSE, NOT A POSITIVE STATEMENT BUT TRUE
Go to Top of Page

tennis tom

USA
4749 Posts

Posted - 07/07/2006 :  10:33:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by drziggles

You can add "mold toxicity" to the list of things that are most likely TMS, such as "multiple chemical sensitivities, ""chronic Lyme disease," and "sick building syndrome".

Dr. Sarno says these are TMS equivalents. But the latest research by Harvard and Berkeley trained trial attorneys reveals that they are very real diseases that can effect anyone who either breathes, walks out-doors or spends any time in-doors.

Studies performed in Finland as well as the prestigious Johnny Cochrane and Wayne Geragos Institutes confirm these findings.

It has been found that one of the chief sources of mold in homes can be traced to Bleu Cheese. It should be carefully wrapped or kept in the cheese holder of your fridge. Or better yet ship it to me in a sealed container marked "Contaminated Materials", and I will dispose of it properly.

Go to Top of Page

miche

Canada
283 Posts

Posted - 07/07/2006 :  10:53:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I get the drift, still I hate blue cheese, I think it is major gross
Go to Top of Page

Indy

Canada
45 Posts

Posted - 07/07/2006 :  16:12:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Miche

Sounds as though you really have a big problem below you. I have another suggestion; it may cost you an additional amount of money but could be well worth it. There are people/companies whose expertise is cleaning up after disasters like fire and floods. They are usually very knowledgable about insect and mold control as well. They could tell you the type of mold you have in your basement, how toxic it is, and how to get rid of it. Check the yellow pages under Environmental Consultants and Services, or something like that to start. Good luck with this. Hope it helps.

Many blessings
Indy
Go to Top of Page

Nor

152 Posts

Posted - 07/07/2006 :  19:08:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Miche,
I believe drziggles is a neurologist. FYI. I hope this comforts you. Nor
Go to Top of Page

miche

Canada
283 Posts

Posted - 07/07/2006 :  21:08:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Neurologist?? wow! Thank's Nor, and Indy also.
Go to Top of Page

HilaryN

United Kingdom
879 Posts

Posted - 07/09/2006 :  09:44:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Tom,

You should be careful dealing with those contaminated materials if you’re not adequately qualified. I have plenty of experience in this field and can give you a hand disposing of those products if you like ;-)

Hilary N
Go to Top of Page

tennis tom

USA
4749 Posts

Posted - 07/09/2006 :  18:27:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi HilaryN,

Thanks for the assistance. The most dangerous varieties are Stiltson, Roquefort, and Gorgonzola. They should be stored carefully, in an air-tight porcelain crock, surrounded by crackers.

Edited by - tennis tom on 07/09/2006 21:37:39
Go to Top of Page

Penny

USA
364 Posts

Posted - 06/25/2007 :  20:46:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Anyone know if you can catch Lyme from dogs, and if so, how long does it take to appear in people? Both my daughter and my friend were vomiting with fever several days after being exposed to a very sickly stray puppy who had been dxed with lots of parasites and had tons of ticks removed. (Don't know if they tested the dog for Lyme). I just wonder if my daughter could have Lyme too (alike my friend). My daughter had severe hives one week after the fever and vomiting stopped. She seems better now, but still doesn't have her full energy back. I just thought it was a nasty stomach bug, but now I'm wondering. She didn't have any ticks or bites that we found anyway.

(It's really hard not to put my personal paranoia over illness on to my daughter, but I don't want to be negligent either.)

>|< Penny
"Oz never did give nothing to the Tinman that he didn't already have."
song lyric, America
Go to Top of Page

bert

24 Posts

Posted - 06/25/2007 :  21:59:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi, I'm not a hundred percent sure, but a few years back a found a tick on my butt area going for a hike through the woods. I save it after we got it out and brought it to the doctor. He said within a few days to a week you may see a red or purple ring which I didn't but the symtoms wouldn't show up for a month to or more. But just to make sure he said he wanted me on a high dose of antibiotics for a couple of weeks. Never had a problem as far as I could tell. Hope this helps
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
TMSHelp Forum © TMSHelp.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000