TMSHelp Forum
TMSHelp Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Resources | Links | Policy
Username:
Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 TMSHelp
 TMSHelp General Forum
 Explaining TMS to friends/family & the S word!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Singer_Artist

USA
1516 Posts

Posted - 06/19/2006 :  14:26:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Just wanted to say that some friends are supportive about TMS and others just continue to coax me to see yet Another allopathic doctor! ANd the worst is when they say the S word, meaning 'surgery!' It's very frustrating and terrifying...I have been told that neck surgery is the most dangerous for obvious reasons...I will not go that route unless i woke up already going paralyzed..Too many risks and since it most probably is TMS what will they cut out anyway?? Yes, i have herniated discs but who doesn't after age 30! Yes it 'feels' like i have bones off the track and out of place but the Sarno books and this forum are helping me to realize that the weakness i am feeling is PSYCHOLOGICAL WEAKNESS not physical! This is so hard.. I want to share with friends, but find that there are a few i shouldn't even talk to about TMS..People in general want a QUICK FIX and the first thing they seem to think of is, God forbid, Surgery! Yikes...drives me crazy!

Michele

249 Posts

Posted - 06/19/2006 :  14:29:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
You're on the right path, and we've ALL dealt with non-believers. My husband is one of them. He likes to roll his eyes, and tease me about "that back doctor", even though he can see the improvements I've made!

Continue to support yourself and believe, because it really, truly works!

Good luck!
Go to Top of Page

Singer_Artist

USA
1516 Posts

Posted - 06/19/2006 :  15:56:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thank you Micelle for your kind message & support!...:))
Go to Top of Page

tennis tom

USA
4749 Posts

Posted - 06/19/2006 :  17:39:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi S_A,

Looks like your making rapid progress shifting from the physical/structural to the psychological/emotional issues--GOOD JOB!

Not a day goes by, that, someone seeing my limp, doesn't reccommend hip-replacement surgery. I have a file full of orthopedic surgeon's phone numbers.

I have a handfull of stock answers to these well meaning people:

*I'm using a managed approach--
*I'm persuing a conservative approach--
*I'm persuing non-invasive options--
*What limp?--
*I'll have surgery if I'm unconscious and can't say no--
*I like my femur and don't want to amputate it--
*It's only TMS.

I don't proseltyze about TMS. Ocassionaly , I'll mention it to someone who I think may benefit from it; seldom do they bother to make note of it. Most people NEED their pain.
Go to Top of Page

Singer_Artist

USA
1516 Posts

Posted - 06/19/2006 :  20:01:01  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
What a profound posting TT! Thanx! You are right..most people do need their pain..Thanx for the encouraging words!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
TMSHelp Forum © TMSHelp.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000