TMSHelp Forum
TMSHelp Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Resources | Links | Policy
Username:
Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 TMSHelp
 TMSHelp General Forum
 hallelujah i'm healed!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Juno

Canada
11 Posts

Posted - 04/17/2006 :  13:48:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
well...pretty much- I do have one question that I'll leave till the end of this.

A brief recap of my story- I'd been suffering from sciatica intermittently for a couple of years, and the last episode was the most intractable yet- constant pain for seven months. A few months in to this (I think it was...) I discovered Sarno, realized that I completely fit the bill, and started to try to apply the principles. Three weeks ago I had an insane episode that landed me in the emergency room, where I ended up on several different types of medication, all of which did nothing or very little for the pain, and I lost much of the use of my lower leg and foot. Anyway, went on like this for 10 days, trying various concoctions of the medications, and then bought Sarno's last book, which I related to a lot more, kept thinking about it etc etc. Anyway, a week ago, I had the most intense pain ever. I kept thinking, why is it getting WORSE, not better. I furiously popped pills to try and get a night's sleep, or at least find a comfortable position so I could read. And not only did it not work, but I got even LESS sleep (bearing in mind I'd been running on 3-4 hours a night anyway). I got up, stomped round the house, gave my brain a major talking to (something I'd not been comfortable doing, but I was SO PISSED OFF), took yet more medication, went back to bed....

...and woke up pain free....and that was that.

Now the one thing I'm not sure of, and if a doctor could answer this maybe, is that I still have the numbness and weakness of the leg. Did I just crunch the nerves so badly during the bad episode that it will take a while for them to come back, or is that more TMS oxygen deprivation, ongoing?

Anyway, just thought I would post this in case it touches off something in anyone else. I'm kind of thinking it might just be that I got mad enough at it. Or maybe I finally integrated the concept. ???

drziggles

USA
292 Posts

Posted - 04/17/2006 :  19:23:01  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Regarding your residual symptoms, it is not uncommon for someone with sciatica (from a pinched nerve, in particular, though I wouldn't be surprised if TMS couldn't do it) to have persistent numbness or loss of a reflex. That would imply that sometimes the oxygen deprivation (or whatever the cause is) is not always so benign. I guess an equivalent would be someone with carpal tunnel syndrome developing severe weakness, which can happen.

The standard medical explanation would be that you had a radiculopathy (pinched nerve) with some permanent damage. That wouldn't explain your getting better so abruptly, though, would it? I'm sure a surgeon would have said you required an operation...

BTW, you should speak with your doctor before making any medical decisions. Keep up the good work...
Go to Top of Page

Juno

Canada
11 Posts

Posted - 04/18/2006 :  12:43:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
thanks for your answer!

yes, I've got the MRI, doctor's appointment coming up so I'll know more then but was just curious to know what a more TMS oriented response will be as I don't expect to get that from the doctor. I'm happy for the disappearance of the pain, regardless.
Go to Top of Page

gevorgyan

115 Posts

Posted - 04/21/2006 :  06:38:38  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Juno, how are you?
I hope, excellent?
Go to Top of Page

Juno

Canada
11 Posts

Posted - 04/21/2006 :  08:44:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
pretty excellent...no pain. the weakness is a problem as I need my feet for dancing! but we'll see.

How are you??
Go to Top of Page

gevorgyan

115 Posts

Posted - 04/21/2006 :  12:06:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
From time to time a pain comes into weakness, than I feel faint. Hard to say what is worse. But I have use to this. Fortunately I have better frame of mind, but in my case this is because of frequent prays. There are situations that I totally forget about my pain and weakness-during the lectures I am giving-it is amazing. But before them I am paralyzed by stress and after I am extremely tired. Teaching is my second job.
I am very happy that you are well, I have so much plans for the pain free future…
m
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
TMSHelp Forum © TMSHelp.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000