TMSHelp Forum
TMSHelp Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Resources | Links | Policy
Username:
Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 TMSHelp
 TMSHelp General Forum
 Is arthritis a TMS equivalent?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

truenorth

USA
83 Posts

Posted - 08/21/2004 :  14:45:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I've been battling this demon called TMS for over two years and am finally having some success by focusing hard on feeling what I think are the repressed emotions, mainly a lot of anger. I've been trying to experience my feelings as emotions, not pain and I've just had my best week ever. At the same time, I've been having joint pain and stiffness in several joints, not necessarily in the morning. I do have a little arthritis in my little fingers on both hands, nothing troublesome. Suddenly, I'm having 4-5 fingers joints feeling painful and stiff, but not hot. I think this is too much of a coincidence.

Any thoughts?

JohnD

USA
371 Posts

Posted - 08/21/2004 :  18:38:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
well if it looks and quakcs like a duck.....I think you already know the answer
Go to Top of Page

Dave

USA
1864 Posts

Posted - 08/22/2004 :  09:00:24  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Dr. Sarno believes most osteoarthritis seen on X-Ray or MRI does not cause pain. It is part of the natural aging process. TMS is clever; if you believe arthritis is painful, TMS will oblige with symptoms in the exact places you expect.

I believe you have TMS "on the run" which means it is fighting your newfound knowledge. It is a good sign. Keep up the work.
Go to Top of Page

Michele

249 Posts

Posted - 08/24/2004 :  08:08:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I've been told that the pain in my left hip is arthritis and my doctor has told me, "Arthritis is very, very painful." My brain must have been listening that day. When I questioned the orthopedic doctor why my RIGHT hip didn't hurt at all and it has the same amount - and possibly more - arthritis, he said I must be having a good day. The only thing he offered me was a total hip replacement!! And he offered it with a smile.

That was BEFORE I discovered Sarno's books. Yesterday I started Dr. Schechter's Mindbody Workbook and am excited.

Arthritis is not painful. Just keep telling yourself that.

Edited by - Michele on 08/24/2004 08:09:25
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
TMSHelp Forum © TMSHelp.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000