TMSHelp Forum
TMSHelp Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Resources | Links | Policy
Username:
Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 TMSHelp
 TMSHelp General Forum
 My car has TMS
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

2scoops

USA
386 Posts

Posted - 08/17/2004 :  16:00:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I just got my car fixed, the low coolant light came on, I had a leak so got it fixed. As soon as I got my car home, the check engine light came on. I wonder what it is repressing, I use BP gas, maybe it wants Shell. LOL

tennis tom

USA
4749 Posts

Posted - 08/18/2004 :  07:17:12  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Dear 2scoops,

The coolant leak was a TMS equivalent related to urinary urgency. Unless you took it to a qualified TMS mechanic it will probably return. My car's TMS returns as soon as it leaves the carwash and gets out into the stress of real world traffic.

Regarding the "check engine light", as with all TMS equivalents, it is not what it appears to be. It usually pertains to the evaporative emissions system, (smog) and is autonomic. Try tightening the gas cap to eliminate the possibiity that it is real. If that dosen't work try shutting the car off and having it think emotionaly rather than mechanicaly. Try looking under the hood for release. For deeper problems check under the seat, that's usually where repressed items lurk waiting to be discovered. Hope this helps.
Go to Top of Page

JayP

USA
54 Posts

Posted - 08/18/2004 :  07:42:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It's nice to see some humor on this site! You two are a riot!
Go to Top of Page

2scoops

USA
386 Posts

Posted - 08/18/2004 :  08:19:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Tom, that was too funny. I am dying over over here. I did check the gas cap and it has not come back on. I am trying to reprogram my car, by getting the oil changed every 3000 miles with valvoline, checking the coolant, getting a tune up etc. But I think I figured out the problem, due to the fact that the car has been rear ended before, I think it developed a fear of getting hurt again. So the car shuts down so it doesn't have to drive anymore. It figures het I can't get hit if I'm not moving. I had to go to a mechanic that specializes in auto phscyotherapy.
Go to Top of Page

n/a

374 Posts

Posted - 08/18/2004 :  16:01:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Please don't encourage cars to think psychologically in order to deal with TMS - picture it - car has TMS attack - stops to have a think about what is bothering it - increased traffic jams, more rearenders, more human temper tantrums - more human TMS.

Eventual Result: everyone in the world and all their cars, pets, household appliances, plumbing systems etc, etc gets excruciating TMS. The end of civilisation as we know it. Whoever would have thought it - not nuclear holocaust, not global warming - TMS could be what finishes us all off - so stop this AT ONCE - do not let on to any other species or thing about the existence of TMS.

Go to Top of Page

kenny V

USA
268 Posts

Posted - 08/20/2004 :  13:26:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
C-mon now! Are ya getting all serious?

No more TMS humor?

I can use a good dose from all the recent stress. I take the family away camping for the first time in over 5 years, get everything all packed up, hook up the camper, everyone gets in the truck and ask my wife to step on the brake to check the camper lights and then. BOOM pst…ssssssssss..
No brake pedal- down to the floor. Blown brake line fluid all over. Utoohh! Where’s the leak? What now?
All the kids have been waiting to go for a long time and the weekend is shot before it even started. So I decide I need to do what I need to do. So I lay in the rain under the truck for over an hour keep my kool and fix the problem. Ahhh ! That’s done now we can go and set up in the rain and the dark. Well anyway had a decent weekend. “Well the kids didn’t mind the rain an all, they had fun anyway” Now its Sunday time to pack up 2xs harder with all the sand and all. Well don’t ya know it The Miss’s comes down with a TMS migraine headache? It got so bad that by the time we got home she became bedridden and in no way was functional.

Here's the pisser, from all she has learned about TMS in the last 10 months; she won’t take responsibility for her condition to be stress induced. My wife is excellent health and hasn’t needed to see a doc for some two years. Well about two weeks ago she goes to have a mammogram and yesterday she goes to the doc for a general check up and she comes back with TWO prescriptions. One for the migraines and one as an antidepressant stress med. Ohhh! I was over the top on this one. She doesn’t need any of that crap. Did you ever read the side effects on the literature that comes along with the prescription? The side effects are just about the same if not worse than you’re original symptoms. An most of them are all TMS equivalents. And then it says that they don’t exactly know for sure how the medication works. Ill tell you they are blockers, it blocks they brains ability to receive the message. Sure lets get all doped up and continue to cover up symptoms that wouldn’t be there if you dealt with them properly in the first place. Now the real kicker you get nasty side effects and your symptoms get worse, so you back to docs and they up the dose or try something new and give you more crap to numb up your system. Ya talk about a viscous cycle. Well to make a long story not as long< I used kind hearted tender spirited coaxing words (ohh I was pissed!!!)
and she came to her senses and thew out the anti depress / anxiety meds, and kept the migraine stuff for an emergency.

Hey!
What ever happened to Lialiah? Did she take off with Jeremy Graves?
Is Robin been hiding in the Bat cave since Batman hasn’t come back yet?

Boy! I could sure use a good laugh by now.

Always Hope For Recovery
Go to Top of Page

n/a

374 Posts

Posted - 08/21/2004 :  03:50:03  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sorry, Kenny, if you thought I was being serious. I guess British humour doesn't always travel well.

I found the posts on cars having TMS very amusing and they made me think about an episode of 'Fawlty Towers', where John Cleese beats his little mini car with a huge tree branch. I don't know if you have ever seen any of the Fawlty Towers series. I know they are pretty popular in America, and as you are in need of a laugh, they might be worth tracking down.

Edited by - n/a on 08/21/2004 03:51:41
Go to Top of Page

Suzanne

USA
66 Posts

Posted - 08/21/2004 :  11:28:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by AnneG

Sorry, Kenny, if you thought I was being serious. I guess British humour doesn't always travel well.

I found the posts on cars having TMS very amusing and they made me think about an episode of 'Fawlty Towers', where John Cleese beats his little mini car with a huge tree branch. I don't know if you have ever seen any of the Fawlty Towers series. I know they are pretty popular in America, and as you are in need of a laugh, they might be worth tracking down.

Anne,

I wasn't sure myself, but my boyfriend said you were going along with the joke and knew it was "British humour". Now today, reading out loud your post, he said "...know Fawlty Towers, I LIVE Fawlty Towers!"
-------

My CAT has TMS.

Ever since my older cat (22 y.o.)—his companion—died last summer, my cat has "TMJ." It began about a month after the other cat's death, when he stopped looking for her. He's almost 14. He grinds his jaw all day and night. It's not painful, or so the vets say, and they can't find anything wrong with him. X-rays, tests, dental exams...nothing is wrong. He constantly tilts his head to the side and appears to be chewing, and it makes a loud noise that makes people cringe. After all the tests and 2 vets compared notes, my main vet said "I think your cat has TMJ. There's nothing wrong with him. He has no reason to be doing this."
Does it hurt? We can't ask him
Go to Top of Page

tennis tom

USA
4749 Posts

Posted - 08/21/2004 :  21:19:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Kenny V,

I'm impressed with your mechanical skill, being able to repair a brake system, that quickly, and in the rain.

It's obvious that your truck had TMS. The stress of the relationship with the camper was too much for it. Automtotive brake fluid reacts similarly to the electro-chemical process that generates nervous system impulses reducing blood flow to muscles. Treat your truck to an oil change to raise it's self-esteem and prevent it from having chronic brake problems.

Don't worry about AnneG's paranoid over-reaction--what do women know about car's anyway? And she's English to boot! Do you know why the English drink their beer warm?--because their refridgerator's are made by Smith's.

Edited by - tennis tom on 08/21/2004 21:33:03
Go to Top of Page

n/a

374 Posts

Posted - 08/22/2004 :  15:12:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It certainly sounds like your cat has TMS, Suzanne. Your story about him is really sad.

I know all I need to know about cars, Tom. I know where the radio button, the air-con switch and the cup holder all are. I also know all the closest car parks for the best stores (clothes and make-up ones, of course). We still shop in city centres over here, although American mall disease is spreading faster than Dutch elm disease - so I won't have to bother about that soon. I also have the number of a good garage in my mobile phone. What else is there to know about cars?

You are right about the English liking warm beer. They do. I'm Scottish and the Scots like warm beer, cold beer, whisky, gin, vodka, cocktails, wine - all kinds. Scots will drink anything, and frequently do. If everyone in California suddenly goes off drinking your excellent wine, the Napa Valley wine producers won't have to worry - we'll drink it all.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
TMSHelp Forum © TMSHelp.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000