TMSHelp Forum
TMSHelp Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Resources | Links | Policy
Username:
Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 TMSHelp
 TMSHelp General Forum
 TMJ and TMS theory
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

donia

25 Posts

Posted - 02/08/2006 :  14:47:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi i have been suffering tmj pain and jaw disability with whole body debilitaty for 5 months now and i did not recieve any treatment yet because i am trying to apply self care instead but i got worse i think it is not working so i gave up . I think sarno's theory is very difficult to apply because tmj area is the most area that we uses all the time like 2000 times a day so i think to go to my dentist and start the splint tharpy after i wasted 5 months with pain and crying without eating or talking as normal people do .
so what do u think and is there anybody here suffered tmj or as i see most of u do not!

Edited by - donia on 02/08/2006 14:49:14

vikki

95 Posts

Posted - 02/08/2006 :  19:12:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi donia,

I had jaw pain among my many other problems. I am convinced in my case that it's TMS, and I think that's probably true of many other cases of TMJ pain. By the time my jaw pain started, I already had butt/hip pain and neck/shoulder/arm pain -- it was really spiraling out of control, and I was getting desperate. Have you had tests done? Do the tests show any kind of serious problem with your jaw? If not, it might be worth doing this just to convince yourself you don't have a serious problem. How did you try applying Sarno's methods? Have you tried doing a search for "TMJ" on this board? Based on what I've read on these boards, different approaches seem to work for different people ... Hang in there! Sarno's treatment is not easy, but if you stick with it, it really does work -- it's well worth the investment.

Edited for typos.

Edited by - vikki on 02/08/2006 19:14:32
Go to Top of Page

donia

25 Posts

Posted - 02/12/2006 :  23:15:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
thanks vikki , it is very difficult pain when u have to deal with the tmj because it is in your face your mouth it is affecting the whole body i have neck ,shoulder ,herniated disc in my neck teed surgery,back and butt thight pain to deal with all of these conditions + the fibromyalgia and the myofacial pain it is very difficult to handle and need help but no body is able to help me
i hope i find a sucess stry with all of these mess and on the top is the big TMJ painnnnnn
thanks
Go to Top of Page

Stryder

686 Posts

Posted - 02/14/2006 :  18:19:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi donia,

There are many people including myself on the forum with TMJ as a TMS manifestation. Vikki is right, go here http://www.tmshelp.com/forum/search.asp , and do a search for TMJ.

At this point my back and leg pain are gone but I still have TMJ tightness, and I catch myself clenching my teeth (both awake and asleep). As vikki says, I too should probably be tested to see if there is actual damage, and if not then treat TMJ as TMS.

Take care, -Stryder
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
TMSHelp Forum © TMSHelp.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000