TMSHelp Forum
TMSHelp Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Resources | Links | Policy
Username:
Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 TMSHelp
 TMSHelp General Forum
 mind games
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

goldie

USA
20 Posts

Posted - 12/20/2005 :  01:23:01  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Has anyone ever noticed that when you start to get your head around the TMS concept and start to put the steps into practice (e.g. identify causes of rage, admonish unconscious when pain felt, encourage conciously to increase blood flow etc.) that once you feel a reduction in symptoms in your primary areas of pain - for me my forearms - that you immediately get pain in other areas. I have been working mentally on myself for only a few days re Sarno's suggestions and have already had instances of shooting pain in my right hip!?!? this has never happened before. It is almost as if my mind is getting frustruated by my refusal to accept my original forearm pain and trying different things. Does this sound familiar to anyone?

gevorgyan

115 Posts

Posted - 12/20/2005 :  01:34:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Dear Goldie, I’m just third day on this forum but I have found that everybody experienced what did you. Additionally in my case I got fatigue in my eyes – what made me unable to finish Sarno’s book during first read. All of that is the best prove we have this ugly “worm” in the head which makes us TMS. Kill the worm! Kill the worm!
Go to Top of Page

n/a

560 Posts

Posted - 12/20/2005 :  05:41:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
That movement of pain is typical and means two things: 1) The TMS diagnosis is correct, 2) You are making progress. Dr. Sarno warned us in advance that in the process of recovery the pain would move around and there would be no logical explanation for it. The whole purpose is to throw you off guard. You are winning because you recognize what is taking place. Challenge the pain - resume all normal physical activity.
Go to Top of Page

gevorgyan

115 Posts

Posted - 12/20/2005 :  06:02:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Peter, Peter, Peter,
I really appreciate your will of helping the others but you reminder me me from 7-8 year back from now. I have named it Gandalfing, because I felt often like the Gandalf every time helping others, advising, make them comfort of being looked after and so on. But deeply I have missed any Gandalf for me, who will make me assure in the life.
You are wise guy so you must know for sure what is disturbing you in the recovery.
Maybe you should stop to be Gandalf and start to be Frodo – the biggest hero of nightmare world.
?
Go to Top of Page

JohnD

USA
371 Posts

Posted - 12/20/2005 :  07:07:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Physician, heal thyself first!!
Go to Top of Page

gevorgyan

115 Posts

Posted - 12/20/2005 :  07:27:55  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
oh, come on John, Peter is so recusance that he will
Go to Top of Page

JohnD

USA
371 Posts

Posted - 12/20/2005 :  09:39:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Gevorgyan,
What I meant is that you can only help someone else out as much as you have already helped yourself. Thats why most doctors cannot help us with TMS, because they haven't gone down that road themselves. Someone who hasn't recovered from TMS will probably not give out the best advice because she isn't much further down the road then the next person with tms. I know that early in my recovery(back in early 2003) I limited my time on this board because it actually hindered my own progress.
Go to Top of Page

gevorgyan

115 Posts

Posted - 12/20/2005 :  13:42:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Maybe I will also do this, but now it is too fresh for me, and wonderful... Thanks such a person like you, this forum is really healing. As you saw, people after reading and even remembering Sarno’s books decide to go to the TMS doctor and then is totally recover. People need an authority to get better/ to do any simple progress in the life. You came here as the authority, you rule here and please stay here, because no everyone can afford on going to the TMS doctor and in my country it is totally unknown. I will follow your hints, because “it is much more to the life than this”.
Go to Top of Page

goldie

USA
20 Posts

Posted - 12/20/2005 :  23:37:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
John D-

What do you mean when you say you felt that this board was hindering your own progress? Do you simply mean your own thoughts were being clouded by those of others or something else..

Go to Top of Page

gevorgyan

115 Posts

Posted - 12/21/2005 :  01:15:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Goldie, let me answer your question.
In Poland no one knows TMS. We have several forums where people complain a lot, describing their suffer and fear. Because they don’t know Sarno, the spine is treated by physiotherapy or an operation – without any success. On that forum there is no single person who can say “dear all, I am pain free!”
What John probably meant is: use the possibility to read the successful stories and leave the forum in order to recover. Do not read the tales of people who have doubts – this is harmful for you. Am I correct John?
Go to Top of Page

marytabby

USA
545 Posts

Posted - 12/21/2005 :  03:30:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Goldie,
It's called TMS on the Run. It's the TMS trying in vain to find another area to catch you off guard. It's your mind trying to escape from the fact that you are now "on to what it's doing" and your subconcious is trying to get your attention by picking on another part of your body instead. It means your TMS diagnosis is correct and what you are doing is working. So keep up the good work. It does in time get easier.
Go to Top of Page

JohnD

USA
371 Posts

Posted - 12/21/2005 :  07:16:41  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Goldie,

I just meant that my life was so focused around the pain, whether it was reading Sarno, worrying about it and/or coming on this board. I found I needed to do things to take my mind totally away from the pain and that worked to help eliminate it.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
TMSHelp Forum © TMSHelp.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000