TMSHelp Forum
TMSHelp Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Resources | Links | Policy
Username:
Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 TMSHelp
 TMSHelp General Forum
 just trying to be patient and do the work
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

dctexman

USA
9 Posts

Posted - 11/13/2005 :  17:56:24  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello all and thanks for being here. I can't tell you how great it is to have a safe place to discuss this with others who understand. I am new to the Dallas Texas area (11 months)but not new to TMS. I have been in a lot or pain since 10/10/2005 and had a real relapse of old thinking. It was a combination of no support group around me, like family and friends and the fear of the intense pain. I went to the chiro and a Dr. for some help and that was the beginning of the hell I am now in. Following an adjustment my Dr. gave me pain killers, muscle relaxers, and anti inflamitory meds as well as two injection into each butt cheek. One was Toridol and the other a steroid. The pain worsened and the fear followed and the next thing you know I am having an MRI. My 2nd one with the last one being in 1990. The more recent MRI revealed a heriated disc and the previous MRI showed the same disc as bulging. I was not at all suprised by the MRI findings but the ended up scaring me with the help of the Dr's into an epidural injection witch only helped for a short time. Then I was on my back for 2 weeks with no work and a lot of anxiety and doubt about my future. I finally said to myself what about TMS?and your past experience with it and the small amount of sucess I have had before. I have held off a few small flare ups from ever getting to this extent and never had the fear of "never getting better" Also the personality traits described in the TMS prone person, Lets just say if they ever need a picture next to the TMS explaination I fit the mold 150% So know I have stopped all meds and canceled any follow up appointments with the Dr's also canceled any further injections. I have been back at work, not very mobile or productive but I am there. I have re- read all the Healing back pain book as well as ordered the CD from Dr. Sarno. I found a Psycotherapist here in Texas who also specializes in pain management and is well versed and educated in the Dr. Sarno TMS diagnosis. I am just struggeling with the constant pain and the hold it has had on my life for the past month. I could sure use some support form you all via this site or contact me anytime PLEASE !!! 972-310-2494 I am 100% convinced intelectually that TMS is what I have but I am trying so hard to get it thru to my sub conscious and rid my self of this pain. I just was looking for a shoulder to lean on cuz know one understands this out here in Texas

Todd

Jim1999

USA
210 Posts

Posted - 11/15/2005 :  22:00:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Todd,

Could there have been something on October 10th that was very stressful or brought back memories of something emotionally traumatic? When I began working to get rid of my TMS, I found it helpful to think about what was going on in my life at (and just before) the time my TMS became serious. Maybe this would be of some use for you as well.

I hope you can make some progress soon!

Jim
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
TMSHelp Forum © TMSHelp.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000