TMSHelp Forum
TMSHelp Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Resources | Links | Policy
Username:
Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 TMSHelp
 TMSHelp General Forum
 Ups and downs
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Felicity

United Kingdom
12 Posts

Posted - 11/13/2005 :  08:16:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi all,

Am quite new to this, have read Sarno and am working on my TMS but I have a question.

My symptoms vary from day to day, some days they are ok and can do load of things, the next day pain will be worse for no reason. Then I think I should not have done so much the day before. The trouble is I never feel the pain when doing things its always the day after. I feel as if I go one step forward and two back. Is this how most people are or should it be steady progress?

Dave

USA
1864 Posts

Posted - 11/13/2005 :  09:48:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ups and downs should be viewed as confirmation of the diagnosis.

Perhaps you don't feel pain when you are doing those things because you are enjoying yourself, or otherwise distracted by those activities. When our minds have something to focus on, the pain disappears.
Go to Top of Page

wrldtrv

666 Posts

Posted - 11/13/2005 :  22:08:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Felicity--I'll echo Dave. Ups and downs seem to give credence to a psychological explanation; TMS or whatever. This has also been my pattern over the past 5 weeks I have had my strange neuro symptoms that no tests have penetrated. The scary thing for me is that each time I feel back to normal and then have an off day I think I am back to square one.

One further point: I don't know how much exercise or activity your are doing the day before your pain begins, but it is normal to have post-exercise pain, not the same day, but the following day or even later.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
TMSHelp Forum © TMSHelp.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000