TMSHelp Forum
TMSHelp Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Resources | Links | Policy
Username:
Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 TMSHelp
 TMSHelp General Forum
 Elizabeth Taylor and Scoliosis
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

n/a

560 Posts

Posted - 11/12/2005 :  06:36:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Was watching TV last night. In an interview Elizabeth Taylor stated she has scoliosis, ad degegenration in her back and hip problems. This is why she is confined to a wheel chair. Also, according to media reports, she sleeps in a bed fitted with cot sides to keep her from falling out. She has suffered the removal of a brain tumour and had two hip replacements. For decades, alcohol and painkillers have eased her emotional and physical tortures, but at a high cost to her health. Now, she has osteoporosis and congestive heart disease that make it difficult for her to walk and catch her breath.

In his books, Dr. Sarno contends that scoliosis is not a cause of pain despite back doctors saying it is. I wonder, I just wonder..........

windy

USA
84 Posts

Posted - 11/12/2005 :  08:03:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My mom has scoliosis and she's not in any particular pain from it. She's actually read Mindbody Rx too.
Go to Top of Page

jilly_girl

USA
108 Posts

Posted - 11/12/2005 :  14:03:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
although i agree with much of what Dr Sarno says in his book The Mind/Body Prescription, we must be EXTREMELY careful about NOT blaming a sick person for being sick. To be sick and to be basically told its your fault is cruel. There are no absolute answers to this for any of us. I cannot judge another human being in pain. If you had a brain tumor and two hip replacements you would use painkillers too!

Jill
Go to Top of Page

n/a

560 Posts

Posted - 11/12/2005 :  16:07:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
No one said it is Ms. Taylor's fault that she is sick. This is not even fair to suggest that I suggested that. Even having TMS is the person's "fault." It is not as if people choose to have TMS.
Go to Top of Page

marytabby

USA
545 Posts

Posted - 11/13/2005 :  16:56:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Doesn't sound to me like Peter was suggesting to put Liz down for being sick. He's questioning whether scoliosis is painful.
As someone with scoliosis, let me tell you IT IS NOT PAINFUL FOR ME.
All the chiros, PT's, etc all used to say the scoli had a lot to do with my poor posture and weak back muscles, which is definitely the cause of my neck spasms. WRONG! I am no longer in the kind of agony that I was in when they were all telling me that. Now that my eyes have been opened to TMS, all those theories have gone out the window completely. I think Sarno says (but I can't be sure) that only severe forms of deformity scoliosis can affect one's health, and it's the type of severity that causes pressure on the lungs so one cannot breathe, etc.
Go to Top of Page

Scottydog

United Kingdom
330 Posts

Posted - 11/13/2005 :  17:06:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

If she has twisted spine due to crumbling vertebrae (possible from osteoporosis)I would think it could cause pain.

anne

Scottydog
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
TMSHelp Forum © TMSHelp.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000