TMSHelp Forum
TMSHelp Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Resources | Links | Policy
Username:
Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 TMSHelp
 TMSHelp General Forum
 INSPIRATION BOOST! The 5% TMS Solution
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

tennis tom

USA
4746 Posts

Posted - 02/11/2022 :  07:25:15  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
(from the PAIN CURE CINIC, Boulder Colorado, newsletter) :

https://www.paincureclinic.us/

"INSPIRATION BOOST!
The 5% TMS Solution

"When I first started piecing together how to cure my TMS symptoms, with the limited information available at that time, it would cause me to go on an emotional roller coaster. I would get very high one day - when I had a breakthrough and thought my back pain was gone for good. But then a few days later, the pain returned, and I became demoralized thinking that I would never figure out how to make it work. I wanted spontaneous healing - like some of people I read about in the Sarno books. It wasn’t happening that way and I started to get depressed.

However, as the weeks went by, I caught a new idea: great advances are often created very slowly, so why couldn’t I just treat TMS that same way? I began to see the value in making small habit changes here and there that led me in the direction of a TMS cure rather than being all-consumed by being cured. The dozens of small, progressive, almost unnoticeable changes I was making eventually led to what has become a permanent cure for my back pain.

Psychotherapist Nathaniel Branden is known for the effectiveness in his therapy of using sentence completion exercises to move people forward little by little. By asking his clients to write out 6 to 10 endings, quickly, without overthinking, to a “sentence stem,” he allows people to explore their own minds for the hidden power and creativity. Many times, Dr. Branden’s sentences focus on a 5% improvement. Here’s an example.

“If I bring 5% more purposefulness into my life today, ….”

Then the client would have to complete the sentence multiple times rapidly without having time to think it over. With just a slight change to cover chronic pain, the sentence might read:

“If I were to bring 5% more purposefulness to curing my TMS, I would…….”

5% doesn’t sound like much, but if you do the exercise 20 weeks in a row, that’s a 100% improvement over what you were doing previously. That would double your effectiveness in 5 months. Very large things can be accomplished by focusing on very small things.

When we stay the same, it’s not because we didn’t make a big enough change, but rather because we didn’t do anything today that was different from yesterday. Great paintings are made with tiny brush strokes one at a time. You are a masterpiece in progress. Just by going for a one mile walk in nature without your phone today (or something that you didn’t do yesterday), you are moving in the right direction and that’s the most important thing. If you’ve been struggling with healing TMS, try making changes as small as they can possibly be made. And then add more small incremental actions religiously each week. Make tiny brush strokes and eventually you will become your own masterpiece."

https://www.paincureclinic.us/

Edited by - tennis tom on 02/11/2022 07:38:47
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
TMSHelp Forum © TMSHelp.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000