TMSHelp Forum
TMSHelp Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Resources | Links | Policy
Username:
Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 TMSHelp
 TMSHelp General Forum
 Tms buddy
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

RichT

12 Posts

Posted - 06/12/2020 :  06:19:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi

General question on whether people have helped each other by speaking on the phone and how well has that worked?

Its a fine line for sure, for me, between too much tms talk and enough when i need it. However, one of the things that has frustrated me is the feeling that there are few people to share this with particularly by chatting verbally, peer to peer.

I think it could help me and might be a way for me to help others.

Anyone any experience of that or willingness to give it a go?

Cheers

Rich

RichT

12 Posts

Posted - 06/12/2020 :  11:51:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Not sure one should reply to ones own post, or even whether non royalty should use the term one, but anyway...

I just looked up my old posts, what a weird thing to be able to do and found myself introducing myself back in 2005.

I got a wonderful reply from Tennis Tom which i have just re-read.

I can't remember my reaction then but this time it moved a pretty level headed man just shy of 49, to tears!

All the emotion is still there, looking for new outlets.

Keep up the great work Tennis Tom and everyone else out there.
Go to Top of Page

tennis tom

USA
4746 Posts

Posted - 06/14/2020 :  09:53:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi RichT, thanks for the kind words! I see you're in the UK, are you familiar with Georgie Oldfield founder of SIRPA? She's the go-to person in the UK for Sarno/TMS. There should be a link below to her site a few threads down here. She has many TMS trained counselors who you could consult with. You can also post at the TMS Wiki for additional responses.

g'luck!
tt
Go to Top of Page

RichT

12 Posts

Posted - 06/17/2020 :  12:13:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi TT

Yes, I have met Georgie many years ago and have used SIRPA.I recommend them whenever I can.

However, I was looking for the informal contacts. The network of local people, or international people now the world is so well connected, that are happy for a five minute chat now and then. A community of people familiar with TMS who don't mind talking.

Is that a silly idea?!

RT

Go to Top of Page

tennis tom

USA
4746 Posts

Posted - 06/17/2020 :  15:01:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Rich, I sent you my contact info about a week ago through this sites email system, do you get emails from here? There used to be a TMS meet-up group in London a few years back, don't know if they are still active.

email me from here and I'll look for it.
Go to Top of Page

tennis tom

USA
4746 Posts

Posted - 06/17/2020 :  15:02:41  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Rich, I sent you my contact info about a week ago through this sites email system, do you get emails from here? There used to be a TMS meet-up group in London a few years back, don't know if they are still active.

email me from here and I'll look for it.
Go to Top of Page

MatthewNJ

USA
691 Posts

Posted - 06/26/2020 :  16:18:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by RichT

Not sure one should reply to ones own post, or even whether non royalty should use the term one, but anyway...

I just looked up my old posts, what a weird thing to be able to do and found myself introducing myself back in 2005.

I got a wonderful reply from Tennis Tom which i have just re-read.

I can't remember my reaction then but this time it moved a pretty level headed man just shy of 49, to tears!

All the emotion is still there, looking for new outlets.

Keep up the great work Tennis Tom and everyone else out there.

wow, you have been at this almost as long as me.. i read sarno in 2003!

Matthew
Less activated, more regulated and more resilient.
Matthewrosett@gmail.com

Organizer of TMSwiki.org/chat
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
TMSHelp Forum © TMSHelp.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000