TMSHelp Forum
TMSHelp Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Resources | Links | Policy
Username:
Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 TMSHelp
 TMSHelp General Forum
 Letter from Georgie Oldfield (UK) "DECLUTTERING"
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

tennis tom

USA
4746 Posts

Posted - 02/25/2019 :  17:02:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

Subject: Decluttering your mind can lower cortisol levels

Date: Feb 25, 2019 8:01 AM

SIRPA

Dear Tom,

Decluttering seems to be a buzz word at the moment, with some studies showing for example that cluttered surroundings can raise our cortisol levels and adversely affect our mood.

This article is one of TED's, 'How to be a Better Human', series and explains how to declutter your mind. The author talks about why we should externalize our thoughts to declutter our mind. He quotes Ryder carroll as saying, "Holding thoughts in your mind is like trying to grasp water — it’s nearly impossible. But by writing down our thoughts, we can capture them clearly so we can work with them later.” I certainly find it helpful in reducing overwhelm and feeling more organised, therefore reducing any potential stress.

ITV Tonight

Watch out this Thursday for ITV Tonight's programme, 'Chronic Pain: Is Britain in Crisis?'. Unfortunately they didn't manage to fit in filming any of you who showed willing when asked, but hopefully they will include the interview they did with me a couple of weeks ago.

Have a great week and I hope you are having the lovely Spring-like weather we are experiencing in sunny Yorkshire!

Best wishes, Georgie

Georgie Oldfield MCSP
Physiotherapist & Founder of SIRPA

Purchase my book Chronic Pain: Your key to recovery here

SIRPA Ltd, 19 Longley Lane, Huddersfield, HD4 6PS, United Kingdom +44 1484 452500
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
TMSHelp Forum © TMSHelp.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000