TMSHelp Forum
TMSHelp Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Resources | Links | Policy
Username:
Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 TMSHelp
 TMSHelp General Forum
 Happy Christmas from Georgie Oldfield -- SIRPA
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

tennis tom

USA
4746 Posts

Posted - 12/21/2018 :  08:11:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

FROM GEORGIE OLDFIELD of SIRPA UK :

"Zoe and I wish you are very happy Christmas and a happy and healthy 2019.

I am in the office tying up some loose ends today before finishing for my Christmas break and apart from sending you our seasonal wishes, I thought I would include a couple of items below which I hope you will find interesting and even helpful. Just scroll down and see below.

In the meantime, have a lovely Christmas and I will be back in the office on Wednesday 2nd January.

Best wishes, Georgie

Georgie Oldfield MCSP
Physiotherapist & Founder of SIRPA

Chronic Pain: your key to recovery - just £5.49 on kindle! Buy it NOW

SIRPA News Update
Tips on dealing with family stress over Christmas
Knock, Knock!
Who's there?
Christmas is a time that many people find stressful. This might be because they feel even more isolated from others during what is supposed to be a time for family and friends. Alternatively it can be a result of challenging relationships with family members.

The article below provides some tips on how to cope with potential stressful circumstances when it comes to spending time with family, in this case parents.

'Give some thought to what might make you leave the holidays feeling a little stronger and more confident—little changes can make a difference. Here are a few words of advice knowing we all have unique family circumstances -

Know thy self! Before going, think about how your mood is typically affected. The conscious awareness helps. By doing this, you’ll be able to say, “Here it is.” You will know that your emotions are being set off. A little bit of awareness and self-reflection helps.
Before entering, try a grounding and breathing exercise to center and calm yourself. ............'
Read the article HERE
Suzi Cairns is a very creative and inspiring lady whom I have come to know through my work and we have often discussed how little we know about people around us.

As she says, 'One of the much overlooked, and extraordinary, facts about the human race, is that every single individual has a unique story. It is only as these tales merge, like some 7 billion piece jigsaw, that communities are born and civilisations are created.'

Through her ' Knock Knock' podcasts Suzi talks to women in her community and learns more about the interesting life of each person she talks to. These interviews have found a real fan base and her podcasts are now 44th most popular interviews on MixCloud!!

I have just listened to her Christmas edition which actually is Suzi narrating a wonderful children's Christmas story. I loved it and hope you do too, even if you don't have children to share it with."

Click HERE to Listen

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn YouTube
Unsubscribe

SIRPA Ltd, 19 Longley Lane, Huddersfield, HD4 6PS, United Kingdom +44 1484 452500

Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
TMSHelp Forum © TMSHelp.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000