TMSHelp Forum
TMSHelp Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Resources | Links | Policy
Username:
Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 TMSHelp
 TMSHelp General Forum
 Keeping the faith, Avoiding Internet
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

art

1903 Posts

Posted - 05/31/2005 :  08:09:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I made the mistake this weekend of looking up my foot symptoms on the 'net. I knew it was a mistake, but I just ignored the little voice within, telling myself I was strong enough.

So there I was, reading all these dire stories about running careers being cut short, crippled ballerinas, and the like, and looking at scary photos of ruined feet, while desperately trying to hold on to Sarno and TMS.

This is not easy stuff to begin with, no sense making it even harder on myself if I don't have to...

MikeC

USA
43 Posts

Posted - 05/31/2005 :  09:53:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Art,

Funny you mention that. My psychologist was telling me that the Internet is a mixed blessing. There is a lot of information that will reinforce negative beliefs. It's the negative beliefs that can either cause or magnify a painful condition. Positive thinking and actions are the best way to beat pain.

Mike C
Go to Top of Page

Stryder

686 Posts

Posted - 05/31/2005 :  21:55:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have this huge thick family medical book from the Mayo Clinic. Its very well done. Occasionally I used to go thru entire sections reading about all these different medical conditions, just to learn something new and different.

Sometimes, I would start finding things that I thought I had, and being the TMS personality sometimes thought it was true.

Needless to say, now that I am in the Sarno Army, I don't open that book much any more, and if I do its just to look up a specific issue, digest that, and close it up.

-Stryder
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
TMSHelp Forum © TMSHelp.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000