TMSHelp Forum
TMSHelp Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Resources | Links | Policy
Username:
Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 TMSHelp
 TMSHelp General Forum
 Great Article on Dr. John
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

tennis tom

USA
4746 Posts

Posted - 01/05/2018 :  23:08:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2017/12/28/magazine/the-lives-they-lived-john-sarno.html

andy64tms

USA
589 Posts

Posted - 01/05/2018 :  23:54:37  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I agree,

thank you Tom good find

Andy
Past TMS Experience in 2000, with success.
Charlie Horse on neck for 20 years, is almost gone.
Books:
Healing Back Pain
Unlearn your Pain
The Great Pain Deception
Go to Top of Page

Wavy Soul

USA
779 Posts

Posted - 02/06/2018 :  08:00:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I found this kind of intense to read! The idea that “he never conquered his own rage” and defining his life by his 1994 statements of frustration seems a bit off, to me. I know they have to have a theme for their short sweet article, but summing up his life as unresolved rage is weird. Yes, he may not have fully integrated and resolved his anger, but anger integrates into power, and he was powerful: he worked almost until he died at 89 or so.

I feel he had a long period of at least some sense of purpose and recognition and satisfaction from the popular reaction to him, and also from his continual one-on-one treatment of patients, many of whom he helped.

Love is the answer, whatever the question
Go to Top of Page

weatherman

USA
184 Posts

Posted - 02/09/2018 :  11:39:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks TT, interesting article.

"Good judgement comes from experience. Experience comes from bad judgement."
Go to Top of Page

Dave

USA
1864 Posts

Posted - 02/15/2018 :  15:55:37  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I hope to live to see the day when Dr. Sarno's work is finally recognized by his peers, but sadly, I doubt it will happen. There are billions of dollars at stake from the physical therapies, the medicines, the surgeries that "treat" the chronic conditions that are actually TMS.

Dr. Sarno was one of the kindest people I have ever met, and I feel privileged to part of the small group for whom information, education, diligence, and patience was the cure.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
TMSHelp Forum © TMSHelp.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000