TMSHelp Forum
TMSHelp Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Resources | Links | Policy
Username:
Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 TMSHelp
 Site Help and Suggestions
 Lung issues
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Nibor2

USA
14 Posts

Posted - 12/20/2017 :  18:29:37  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

I am generally a healthy 62-year-old woman, but I have suffered much from TMS, and still do. It is most often a pain in my foot or my jaw, or a headache, but I have also had TMS in my back, leg and shoulder. I deal with these symptoms without medication most of the time, and I do recognize all of it as TMS. I am generally successful using mental techniques on these problems as they arise.

I smoked tobacco, a pack a day, from age 15 to 37, then quit, then started again (albeit much lighter) when I was 51, to quit again permanently at age 53. Until this fall I never had any breathing issues. In early November I came down with pneumonia based on a chest x-ray. I had a follow-up chest x-ray and also a high-res CT scan in early December when I felt I was pretty much over the pneumonia, and they found not only a 1 cm nodule but also that the imagery was consistent with early stage emphysema.

My lingering symptoms since having pneumonia have basically been a dry cough and what feels like shortness of breath, which is all intermittent, much more spaced out now that I feel I’m completely over the pneumonia.

I am still suffering at times from shortness of breath, but not curtailing my activities in any way (I ride my bicycle everywhere, rarely using my car). The “shortness of breath” symptom I would describe as the feeling one gets when inhaling a strong smell such as vinegar.

In summary, my breathing was fine before the pneumonia, but now after seeing doctors for pneumonia and doing testing, I have intermittent shortness of breath spells. Could this “shortness of breath” symptom be TMS?
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
TMSHelp Forum © TMSHelp.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000