TMSHelp Forum
TMSHelp Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Resources | Links | Policy
Username:
Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 TMSHelp
 TMSHelp General Forum
 When is it too soon?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Baseball65

USA
734 Posts

Posted - 05/12/2017 :  07:04:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
On another post someone just asked "When is it too soon" to call it TMS.
It never is.. you can recognize it Immediately. Our intuition and experience is such that we see our old 'friend' and laugh. Literally... big fat Buddha laugh at ourselves.

My very first TMS attack I can remember was when I was 6 years old. My Father and Nanny had both died within two months of each other in 1971. My Mother moved us to California from Belgium. Bought a house, enrolled us in school and promptly left us with an Aunt and took off on a trip by herself.

I was shooting baskets against a backboard when My neck spasmed...it was the most excruciating pain and every attempt to move my head caused unbearable...wait, you know. I certainly don't need to tell you guys what TMS feels like!!!

Conditioning is a Bee-otch. Throughout the rest of my life, anytime the 'female' in my life has gone on a long trip or left me GEOGRAPHICALLY I have had a recurrence. That doesn't mean every break-up... every break-up with a geographical component. Even if I am not that 'in love' with them. Girlfriends, wives, partners... boring precision. Obviously the 'child' in me has never got over the abandonment issue.

Now wait a minute!!! I HATE the modern 'woe is me' ACA, CODA type of mentality..."I am such a victim that...."

But TMS DOESNT CARE WHAT I THINK! I am 51 and a half. I work for myself, live alone and am completely God dependent and content. I am sober, healthy and living through one of the happiest phases of my life. I have freedom, cool toys, and the time and energy to use them.... peter pan on steroids!!

I have dated a woman off and on for 4 years. We have one fundamental difference... I have retired from trying to wrest satisfaction from this world past a good sandwich or guitar, a game of wiffle ball, or throwing a football. She still has 'something to prove' and I support her as much as I can,economically and spiritually though I have been resistant to getting too attached because her career will probably eventually remove her from my environs...possibly to another country, but definitely another state. I have no interest in a long distance relationship.

So... she flew out of state Wednesday and I woke up with an acute attack of sciatica and back pain. REALLY? After all of this time?

Yep.

In spite of my conscious 'OK-ness' with the situation that little 6 year old is still buried in there.

I knew it was TMS immediately. I didn't for one second take it serious. In spite of the flaming agony, and barely being able to climb the steps up to my bedroom, I laughed.

I got out my 18 year old copy of HBP. Did a quick scan of the numerous highlighted areas and it is gone. Period. I worked, worked out and did whatever I want in spite of the pain and merely focused on the odd piece of science that a piece of conditioning from 46 years ago still has any power at all... I don't need to understand, I just need to 'get it'.

It's a bit embarrassing, but it is our lot in life to have to look at these things and I am grateful to Sarno, the universe, god and you all that I have such an effective cure at my fingertips. I did wonder "Wow...what would my life be like if I hadn't have found this answer?"

But I wouldn't trade it for anything

thanks

tennis tom

USA
4746 Posts

Posted - 05/12/2017 :  08:23:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Great post BB! A TMS classic SS!
Go to Top of Page

MarcoHolmes

USA
3 Posts

Posted - 05/19/2017 :  03:37:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote