TMSHelp Forum
TMSHelp Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Resources | Links | Policy
Username:
Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 TMSHelp
 TMSHelp General Forum
 dizzy spells
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Jena

USA
195 Posts

Posted - 05/18/2006 :  15:48:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
This question is for my mother. She suffers from severe out of the blue dizzy spells. She feels as if she is going to pass out and it makes her extremely scared. Thyve done tests on her head with mris and no show of anything. Another test they have to do actually makes you dizzy and she absolutly cannot do that test she said there is no way.

Now ive read briefly about Sarno mentioning dizzyness in his books but i dont have any experience with this any advice? I told hre maybe it can be TMS related but i honestly dont know. has anyone has symptoms like this before? It worries me and gets her very scared when it happens. Thank You any advice would be great!

Hillbilly

USA
385 Posts

Posted - 05/18/2006 :  18:23:24  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yes, indeed, I have the same thing. I am at a loss as to how to combat it since I am still in the midst of struggling with the back pain. My upper back spasms just to the right of my neck, and the dizzies come along with it. Sometimes the dizzies come by themselves, then when I think of the back pain, it is surely there to say hello. My head MRI was clean as well, so I guess it's just another manifestation of the fact that I don't like a lot of my life taking its toll on my body.
Go to Top of Page

miche

Canada
283 Posts

Posted - 05/18/2006 :  22:27:12  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Have you checked into the side effects of medications she may be on, perhaps ask the pharmacist, just a thought!
Go to Top of Page

Scottydog

United Kingdom
330 Posts

Posted - 05/19/2006 :  05:24:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I used to get dizzyness - very upsetting cos you always worry that you might fall over in public or appear drunk.

I got it when I decorated, mainly painting ceilings. Now realise that it was annoyance at the fact that I was painting ceilings with absolutely no help or support from husband (decorating was my job - ok, but he could have at least taken the children out of the way or something!).

If you can find some worry or stress associated with your mother's spells perhaps you can also find a way to assure her worries and avoid the problem.
Go to Top of Page

drziggles

USA
292 Posts

Posted - 05/19/2006 :  10:58:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I believe that vertigo, lightheadedness, and "chronic subjective dizziness" can all be TMS equivalents. Frankly, I rarely see people with these symptoms (naturally if there is no obvious cause such as low blood pressure, medication side effect, etc.) that doesn't have other TMS issues, such as depression/anxiety, migraines, etc...

Can't hurt to have her read the book...
Go to Top of Page

redrockrick

USA
10 Posts

Posted - 01/11/2007 :  17:45:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The dizziness is TMS.
What has work for me is lorazepam or Kolonazpam.
It works by settling the nerve in the ear.
This will bring relief, thank god, but it won't cure the TMS.

Rick
Go to Top of Page

Susie

USA
319 Posts

Posted - 01/11/2007 :  18:23:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The dizziness is tms. There are alot of threads on the subject. Look up Laura in the archives. She posted quite a bit about these symptoms.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
TMSHelp Forum © TMSHelp.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000