TMSHelp Forum
TMSHelp Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Resources | Links | Policy
 All Forums
 TMSHelp
 TMSHelp General Forum
 Rumination and Perfectionism

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Fox Posted - 04/12/2012 : 14:13:51
I am reading for a second time - "The Mindful Path Through Worry and Rumination" by Sameet M. Kumar. This book is turning out to be amazingly helpful to me. If you have problems with rumination and/or perfectionism, you might want to give it a try.
2   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Fox Posted - 04/12/2012 : 16:50:20
It is helping me to focus on the present and enjoy the beauty of the moment. It is also helping me to accept and step back from my extremely unhelpful thoughts. It's the basic Eastern meditation thing but presented the best way possible without religious overtones and including lots of everyday coping strategies. I'm actually not doing the sitting meditation (yet) - just brisk walking meditation early each morning for about 40 minutes. Take a look at the Amazon comments because I don't know how to describe the benefits that have come to me any better...It seems to be reducing my leg pain even more (already reduced drastically via Sarno), but the main benefit is the reduction of panicky episodes and depressive rumination.
Bugbear Posted - 04/12/2012 : 15:45:21
I had a look at my Amazon wish list earlier this evening and this book is on it. Someone else must have recommended it. I've also got SteveO's book, one recommended by Joy I Am and various others that I have found. I envy people who have the time to read all of these books.

What have you found helpful about this book, Fox? I am both a worrier and a ruminator but I think it's the ruminator part of me that does the most damage.

TMSHelp Forum © TMSHelp.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000