TMSHelp Forum
TMSHelp Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Resources | Links | Policy
 All Forums
 TMSHelp
 TMSHelp General Forum
 TMS and cancer

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
filipe Posted - 10/31/2019 : 06:17:38
Hi,

For start, I just wanna ask you, why are certain people so adamant to make the connection between cancer and TMS? Is it because it is a deadly disease contrary to other TMS equivalents? Is is because people don't want to be responsible for making such a huge statement? Are people letting be conquered by their own fears? Is this a sign of cowardice?

I mean, everyone knows that cancer cells are non-oxygenated cells. Isn't that what TMS is all about? A blockage of energy, of blood, and oxygen, and other vital nutrients? So where is the doubt?

I'm facing cancer again in my family. I know the conventional treatment is danger, and can lead to death.

This videos says it all: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dPcWADxrQYs

I need help,

Thanks

20   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
susan828 Posted - 12/15/2019 : 20:35:01
Thank you altherunner for the nice wishes. I was diagnosed 6.5 years ago and right now my number is fine. I had one area that wasn't totally gotten by the chemo and I had to do 6 weeks of targeted radiation and it eradicated what was left. As you know, we're not out of the woods...everyone can get a recurrence.

I have been doing research since the beginning. I take issue with the statement that felipe said "To be cured you have to know what caused it". I'll never know. Sure, I had stress and I do believe that screwed up my immune system. But to be cured now, how does that help me? Stay away from stress? Easy to say. I changed my diet and take about 30 supplements a day. I jump on my trampoline almost every day...supposed to keep the lymphatic system clear.

There are a few things we can control, what we eat, the exercise and the stress..the stress being the toughest part. Some of the more interesting books I have read are The Will To Live by Hutschnecker and Getting Well Again by Simonton. These guys were writing this before Sarno and say basically the same thing.

Rooting for you to stay well!

tennis tom Posted - 12/15/2019 : 18:29:18
You're welcome Al, glad to hear your condition is under control and remains that way.

Dr. Sarno writes about cancer and there are many citations in his books, they can be found by looking in the index of his books or searching the TMS forums.
altherunner Posted - 12/15/2019 : 18:02:14
Interesting article, thanks Tom. I have leukemia, for about 10 years now. It's not treatable by any regular medicine, and slow progressing so I have had time to try a few different things. I had lead poisoning before the leukemia, I think it may be related. I went to a doctor of Chinese medicine, he considers leukemia a poisoning as well. I do think it also may be a distraction, as the pain distractions were not really working on me any more. I have read about German New Medicine, it is similar to Dr. Sarno's teachings in some ways. Susan - sorry to hear about your illness, hope you are doing ok. I am luckily still at stage zero, taking some vitamins supplements, etc., I have not seen my Chinese
Medicine doctor for a while, but he says my positive attitude is keeping me healthy. I am happy and still enjoying life so no complaints.
tennis tom Posted - 12/15/2019 : 08:53:46
https://www.stress.org/stress-and-cancer

"Stress and Cancer"
As explained by Dr. Paul Rosch…

There is little doubt that having cancer can be very stressful, but can stress cause cancer, or accelerate its progress?

My interest in stress and cancer began around 55 years ago, when I had a Fellowship at Hans Selye’s Institute of Experimental Medicine and Surgery at the University of Montreal. His magnum opus Stress had just been published in 1950, expanding on his theory of the “General Adaptation Syndrome” and its resultant “Diseases of Adaptation”. One of the hallmarks of his “Alarm Reaction”, the first phase of this syndrome, was marked dissolution of lymphoid tissue and atrophy of the thymus gland. However, the significance of this was not clear with respect to its implications for altered immune system function that might predispose to malignancy.

During dinner at his home one evening, Selye indicated that he had been intrigued with the possible relationship between stress and cancer. He cited various anecdotal reports of the onset of malignancy following emotional stress. He was fascinated by the phenomenon of spontaneous remission, which he thought was due to a strong faith that buffered the harmful effects of stress, and we discussed various aspects of this with respect to its relevance to the “General Adaptation Syndrome”. I suggested to him that cancer might possibly represent another “Disease of Adaptation”, or a response to stress that had gone awry, but our conversation soon turned to more pressing priorities.

The subject did not come up again until over a quarter century later in 1977, when Selye’s International Institute of Stress and Sloan-Kettering Institute co-sponsored a symposium entitled Cancer, Stress, and Death. Selye called to indicate that he would be coming to New York and wanted to have dinner with me to discuss my participation in this event. When we met, he suggested that I contribute a paper on possible relationships between stress and cancer, particularly with respect to the hypothesis that cancer might represent another “Disease of Adaptation”. I pointed out that I had been involved in clinical practice for over two decades, and no longer had the time, resources, or training required for such an undertaking. In addition my immediate reaction was that attempting to prove any relationship between stress and cancer in humans would be an insurmountable task for numerous reasons. There was still no satisfactory scientific definition of stress. Cancer comprised a variety of distinct malignancies that most likely had different etiologies. Cancer also caused stress and it might be difficult to determine which came first. More importantly it was obviously impossible to establish exactly when malignant growth began as opposed to when it was first detected, making it equally difficult to prove any temporal relationship.

However, as usual, Selye was persistent and persuasive, and reminded me of our dinner discussion at his home. He had also brought a reprint of “The Growth and Development of the Stress Concept”, a chapter he had asked me to write for Modern Trends in Endocrinology in 1958, where I had again referred to the possibility that cancer might represent a “Disease of Adaptation”. During dessert and coffee, he confided that he had a very personal interest in this subject. About five years previously, he had been diagnosed as having a histiocytic reticulosarcoma, a tumor that is usually fatal. He attributed his apparent complete recovery to his own faith and determination to remain well in order to continue his research, rather than any surgery or cobalt therapy. Since then, he had been collecting a great deal of material dealing with the subject of stress and cancer, and asked if I would at least look it over before turning down his request. I acquiesced but again emphasized why I was ill equipped to do justice to this complex topic. We reminisced about so many other things as I drove him back to the airport that I dismissed the matter completely.

However, two weeks later Selye sent me a warm note offering to put his research staff at my disposal, together with a package of reprints containing comments penciled in at various locations that were cleverly designed to pique my curiosity. I would normally not have had the time to go through it thoroughly but was able to do so since it serendipitously coincided with a two-week vacation. I found it fascinating reading and after checking some of the references cited that had not been included, which his staff quickly supplied I was even more intrigued. I had taken the bait hook, line and sinker and was now anxious to pursue the assignment for several reasons.

The belief that cancer might in some way be related to stress or distressful emotions is as old as the history of recorded medicine. Over 2,000 years ago, in his dissertation on tumors, De Tumoribus, Galen noted that women who were melancholy were much more susceptible to cancer than other females, presumably because they had too much black bile (mélas chole). It was difficult to find much written about cancer in the English medical literature until 1701, at which time a British physician, Gendron, emphasized the effect of “disasters of life as occasion much trouble and grief” in the causation of cancer. Eighty years later, Burrows attributed the disease to “the uneasy passions of the mind with which the patient is strongly affected for a long time.”

Early nineteenth century physicians such as Nunn emphasized that emotional factors influenced the growth of tumors of the breast, and Stern noted that cancer of the cervix in women was more common in sensitive and frustrated individuals. Walshe’s major treatise The Nature and Treatment of Cancer called attention to the “influence of mental misery, sudden reverses of fortune and habitual gloomings of the temper on the disposition of carcinomatous matter. If systematic writers can be credited, these constitute the most powerful cause of the disease.” One hundred years ago, Snow’s review of over 250 patients at the London Cancer Hospital concluded that “the loss of a near relative was an important factor in the development of cancer of the breast and uterus.”

I attach particular importance to these observations, particularly the last, because the practice of medicine one or two hundred years ago was much more personalized. Physicians had to rely more upon their own understanding of the significance of the history, emotional background, and life#8209;style of the patient, in contrast to today’s emphasis on detached diagnostic high tech laboratory and imaging procedures. In addition, their education was more apt to include a heavy background in literature, the humanities, and philosophy, rather than the current accent on basic science. They were much more likely to be familiar with the patient’s family and social relationships, and the influences of other psychosocial environmental factors. They also spent much more time observing and talking to patients, and asking pertinent questions about such details, than is possible in the frenetic pace of today’s super specialized and relatively perfunctory practice setting. Thus, by virtue of education, orientation, and a more personalized approach, they might well be expected to have had a greater sensitivity and appreciation of certain subtle nuances that could suggest any possible relationship between emotional stress and cancer.

During the 20th century, emphasis shifted to external agencies as the cause of cancer. Currently, a host of carcinogens in the air we breathe, the foods we ingest, or various viruses have been incriminated. All of these approaches imply some physical assault on us from without, consistent with the germ theory of disease, which is quite understandable. Pasteur’s discovery of microbes and clinical achievements, and the proof afforded by Koch’s Postulates confirmed the direct causal relationships between microorganisms and infectious diseases. The subsequent success of various vaccines and dramatic life#8209;saving effects of antibiotics seemed to settle any doubts. People became sick because something attacked them from without. Little attention was directed to what determined resistance or susceptibility to disease. Few questioned why certain individuals, similarly exposed to the same tubercle bacillus, hepatitis virus, or carcinogen, remained healthy.

Nevertheless, over the past several decades, numerous clinical and animal research studies have continued to confirm the important influences stressful emotions can exert with respect to the development and progression of different diseases, and particularly malignant growth. Some of the major characteristics of cancer prone individuals appear to be frequent feelings of hopelessness and helplessness, an inability to express anger or resentment, an unusual amount of self dislike and distress, and having suffered the loss of a meaningful emotional relationship. Everson et al. evaluated hopelessness in some 2500 men and found that six years later those who scored high were almost 3.5 time higher to have died from cancer or heart disease. For purposes of this discussion, I should like to concentrate on Snow’s observation about the significance of loss of an important emotional relationship as a precursor to cancer.

Implicit in Cannon’s “fight or flight” theory, is the teleological premise that our automatic and involuntary responses to stress have been progressively developed over the lengthy course of man’s evolution. It is postulated that they represent adaptive changes which were essential for the survival of our ancestors when faced with a life threatening physical threat. The outpouring of adrenalin and stimulation of the sympathetic nervous system caused the pupils to dilate and promote better vision, blood clotting was quickened to reduce loss from lacerations or internal hemorrhage, blood pressure and heart rate rose increasing flow of blood to the brain to facilitate decision making, and carbohydrate and fat stores in the body were broken down raising blood sugar and lipid levels to provide fuel for more energy. The circulation of blood was shunted away from the gut where it was not immediately needed for purposes of digestion, to the large muscles of the extremities. This produced greater tension and strength in the arms and legs to assist in physical combat, or speed of locomotion away from a scene of potential peril.

However, the nature of stress for modern man is not a potentially lethal, physical encounter with a sabre toothed tiger or a warring tribe every few months, but rather a host of emotional stresses which often occur several times a day. The tragedy is that these still often result in the same “fight or flight” responses which are now no longer appropriate or purposeful. Repeatedly invoked, it is not difficult to understand how they could contribute to “Diseases of Civilization” such as hypertension, diabetes, heart attack, strokes, peptic ulcers, muscle spasms, etc. Many of our responses to stress don’t seem to make any sense in terms of having ever provided any benefits. When severely frightened, some people experience “goose flesh”, or the hairs on the back of the neck may stand up, and what good does that do?. However, the stimulation of those same arrector pili muscles is responsible for the flying fur on the arched back of an aroused cat, which makes it look more ferocious to an assailant. They also produce the bristling of the quills of the porcupine, providing a very effective defense mechanism. Thus, all of our responses to stress undoubtedly served some useful purpose at some time during the lengthy course of human evolution.

It is equally apparent that we often overreact to a stimulus with responses that are damaging. We see this in the occasional development of disfiguring keloids during excessive scar formation in wound healing. Similarly, lip cancer may develop in clay pipe smokers at the site of heat injured tissue which is attempting to repair itself. There are other instances where adaptational evolutionary changes may eventually prove detrimental. In my 1958 chapter discussing Selye’s concept of “Diseases of Adaptation” I referred to the theory of “opportunism” in the evolutionary process. This refers to the organism’s response to fill a need with whatever means are available, even if that response may ultimately prove harmful. The illustration cited at that time was the tremendous variation in the development of different horns by some twenty-three species of African Antelopes. Some horns are obviously too small to be effective, such as those of the duiker, while others are prohibitively unwieldy, as in the kudu. As one examines this tremendous variation, the marked alterations in anatomical configuration and functional effect do not appear to serve any useful or rational adaptive purpose, and are more of a detriment. If I were to rewrite that article today, I would select the development of malignancy in man as perhaps a more dramatic example of “opportunism” in the evolutionary process, for the following reasons.

As one descends the phylogenetic scale, the incidence of cancer progressively decreases, and it is absent in primitive forms of life. Conversely, the ability of the organism to regenerate injured or lost tissues increases proportionately. Simpler organisms, including some invertebrates, are able to sever parts of their anatomy when they are injured. Obviously, this capability would have survival value only if the animal possessed an equally remarkable ability to regenerate the cast off portion from available cell remnants. Thus, a starfish can grow a new appendage, and the salamander or newt can grow a new tail or leg if it is severed. Humans, however, do not have such reparative or regenerative powers, except perhaps for the liver and spleen which are similar in nature to organs found in lower forms of life.

I believe that some cancers may represent a vestigial remnant of this primitive, purposeful, regenerative potential. When we suffer a loss or injury, an attempt to respond with similar purposeful replacement activities is triggered. Unfortunately, this new growth, or neoplasia, may prove to be harmful rather than functional. Experiments with chemicals known to cause cancer when applied to the skin or injected into laboratory animals and humans support this hypothesis. When these same carcinogens are injected into the leg of a salamander, it does not result in cancer, but surprisingly causes the growth of a new accessory limb at that site. If injected into the lens of the eye, the salamander will regenerate a new lens. Thus, the identical carcinogenic stimulus can produce either purposeful regeneration, or a fatal malignancy, depending upon the evolutionary development of the organism.

The emotional distress associated with an anticipated traumatic incident is often greater than that encountered as a result of the physical event itself. Some examples are a child awaiting a well deserved spanking, or sitting in the dentist’s waiting room prior to some procedure that proves practically painless. Therefore, the leap from physical to emotional loss should not be troublesome. The ability to regenerate lost or injured tissue in lower forms of life obviously involves something more than a simple local response. The message that tissue has been damaged or lost must be relayed to higher centers in the central nervous system which then initiate appropriate and coordinated reparative responses. With man’s highly developed cerebral cortex, emotional loss may well be perceived as being as significant or even greater stress than a physical separation. The same signals may be sent to activate endocrine, immune, and central nervous system mechanisms to continue to respond in some manner to repair the damage. However, our attempts to stimulate replacement or purposeful new growth are futile. What may result instead, is new growth in the form of neoplasia which is malignant and beyond control.

In the Holmes-Rahe Scale, the four most stressful life change events all involve loss of important emotional relationships, with death of a spouse and divorce heading the list. If stress can cause cancer, one would therefore expect that affected individuals would demonstrate significantly higher rates of malignancy. It has long been recognized that widowed and divorced individuals die at much higher rates for all the leading causes of death including cancer. It is also quite clear that depression of immune system function predisposes to cancer, as is vividly illustrated by a host of AIDS related malignancies, including the rare Kaposi’s sarcoma. Over the past two decades, a variety of studies have demonstrated that following loss of a spouse there is a prompt and impressive decline in immune system defenses, and possibly, this is aberrant adaptive response is a mechanism that may explain some stress related malignancies.

There is also evidence that increased stresses associated with progressive civilization, contribute to cancer. I do not refer here to such things as smoking, air pollution, asbestos, radiation hazards, or other carcinogenic concerns, but rather to psychosocial stresses that were evident long before these modern problems. This concept is far from new, and was proposed in Tanchou’s “Memoir on the Frequency of Cancer” delivered to the French Academy of Sciences over one hundred and sixty years ago. Tanchou noted that “cancer like insanity increases in a direct ratio to the civilization of the country”. He noted that in Paris, the annual cancer mortality rate over an eleven year period was .80 per thousand. While it was only .2 per thousand in London. Thus he proudly concluded that the data “proved that Paris is four times more civilized than London”. Powell’s The Pathology of Cancer (1908) stated: “There can be little doubt that the various influences grouped under the title of civilization play a part in producing a tendency to Cancer.” Similarly, Roberts wrote in Malignancy and Evolution (1926), “I take the view commonly held that, whatever its origin, cancer is very largely a disease of civilization”.

The renowned medical missionary, Dr. Albert Schweizer, wrote “on my arrival in Gabon in 1913, I was astonished to find no cases of cancer”, over the years, cases began to appear in growing numbers, and he concluded “my observations incline me to attribute this to the fact that the natives are living more and more after the manner of the whites”.

The celebrated anthropologist and Arctic explorer, Vilhjalmur Stefansson, in his book which was actually entitled, Cancer: Disease of Civilization?, noted the absence of cancer in the Eskimos upon his arrival in the Arctic, but a subsequent increase in the incidence of the disease as closer contact with white civilization was established. He quoted Sir Robert McCarrison, a physician who had studied 11,000 Hunza natives in Kashmir from 1904-1911. Cancer was unknown, and these individuals seemed to preserve their youthful physique and appearance well into their sixties and seventies, and to enjoy unusual longevity. McCarrison attributed this to the fact that they were “far removed from the refinement of civilization…..and endowed with a nervous system of notable stability”. Both Stefansson and Schweitzer believed this had nothing to do with diet, but resulted entirely from the stresses associated with progressive civilization.

In an July, 1927 article in Cancer, Dr. William Howard Hay noted: “A study of the distribution of cancer, among the races of the entire earth, shows a cancer ratio in about proportion to which civilization living predominates; so evidently something inherent in the habits of civilization is responsible for the difference of cancer incidence compared with the uncivilized races and tribes. Climate has nothing to do with this difference, as witness the fact that tribes living naturally will show a compete absence until mixture with more civilization, even so does cancer begin to show its head”. One of the most persuasive arguments is to be found in Dr. Alexander Berglas’ work, Cancer; Its Nature, Cause and Cure (1957). Throughout this book runs the theme that cancer is a disease from which primitive peoples are relatively or wholly free, and that we are “threatened with death from cancer because of our inability to adapt to present day living conditions. Over the years, cancer research has become the domain of specialists in various fields. Despite the outstanding contributions of scientists, we have been getting farther away from our goal, the curing of cancer. This specialized work, and the knowledge gained through the study of individual processes, has had the peculiar result of becoming an obstacle to the whole. More than thirty years in the field of cancer research have convinced me that it is not to our advantage to continue along this road of detailed analysis. I have come to the conclusion that cancer may perhaps be just another intelligible natural process whose cause is to be found in our environment and mode of life”.

Our latest government figures report a puzzling increase in the incidence of breast cancer in middle-aged females. The experts have no explanation, but I believe this may also be related to the stress of “civilization”. It has been well established that the younger a woman is when she has her first child or even becomes pregnant, the less likely she is to develop breast cancer. Pregnancy lowers prolactin, a pituitary hormone that stimulates breast tissue growth and promotes breast cancer in experimental animals. As more and more women enter the work force, they tend to remain single, marry and decide not to have children, or do so only when they are much older. The per cent of women having their first child after the age of 35 has more than quintupled since 1970. Similarly, career oriented women, especially those with no children, have a much higher incidence of deadly ovarian cancer. Single working women have fourteen times the average risk of ovarian cancer than a matched group of homemakers. Job stress itself may be a factor, sometimes because of overt and covert sexual harassment. Many married women have to juggle work responsibilities with being a wife, supermom, single parent, or providing custodial duties for an aging parent or relative. In addition, they find that despite equal or superior training, experience and ability, they are paid less than their male counterparts, and usually reach a dead end when they try to reach the upper rungs of the corporate ladder. Other demographic groups ranging from children, adolescents and the elderly also have unique stresses not experienced generations ago as a consequence of changes imposed by the pressures of contemporary civilization. One can only speculate as to whether this may have also have implications for an increase in certain malignancies.

Is it all bad news? I don’t think so. All the great integrative systems of the body operate on a system of checks and balances. The autonomic nervous system has balancing antagonistic but complementary sympathetic and parasympathetic components. The endocrine system is regulated by feedback mechanisms between pituitary and target gland hormones that operate much like a thermostat to maintain homeostasis. We know much less about how such homeostasis is achieved in the immune or central nervous system, but it appears plausible that if distress can cause adverse effects, there is quite likely good stress, or what Selye termed “eustress” that promotes health. Sir William Osler noted that the course of tuberculosis depended more on “what the patient has in his head than what he has in his chest”. Ishigami in Japan came to a similar conclusion in his paper “The Influence of Psychic acts On The Progress of Pulmonary Tuberculosis”, which appeared in the American Review of Tuberculosis in 1919. Some stable patients often deteriorated and died after learning of the loss of a loved one. In other, more severe cases, a surprisingly complete recovery came about, despite the fact that no specific therapy was available. “These patients are found to be optimistic and not easily worried”, he wrote.

A firm faith, feeling of social support from family and friends, all appear to be powerful stress buffers. It is not surprising, therefore, that such attributes have also been reported to be associated with a lower risk of cancer. A lack of emotional support as well as certain other traits were convincingly demonstrated by both Eysenck and Grossarth-Maticek to be highly predictive of cancer. More importantly, they have shown in extensive, long term prospective studies that stress reduction strategies were effective in reducing malignancy by 50% in individuals assessed as being cancer prone. Spiegel’s study similarly demonstrated that metastatic breast cancer patients who participated in group social support activities had an 18-month increase in survival compared to controls who received only routine treatment. Fawzy and coworkers found that if a 6-week stress management intervention was added to the treatment for early stage melanoma it enhanced immune system function when compared to controls. After 6 years, the stress management group had less than half the rate of recurrence and deaths. How can one explain the numerous well documented cases of spontaneous remission of cancer? Ikemi’s meticulous studies of such patients suggested that a firm faith and a strong positive belief system was the common denominator. Anecdotal but irrefutable reports of cancer cures from shrines, faith healers, comfrey, krebiozen, laetrile, coffee enemas, acupuncture, macrobiotic diets, and other alternative treatments abound. Yet, like spontaneous remission they are extremely rare, and can never be predicted. Here again, a strong faith in whatever the individual believes in, may provide the best explanation. But how is this mediated? How does the placebo effect work? How are the benefits of faith healing or “therapeutic touch” achieved? Is there such a thing as psychic healing? No consistent immune, neuroendocrine, or central nervous system changes have ever been demonstrated in connection with such responses.

Good health essentially depends on good communication – good communication within the internal environment, as well as with the external environment, in order to preserve homeostasis. That holds true for all living systems, ranging upward from the cell to an organ, person, family, corporation, nation, or a society. What we often fail to appreciate, is that these systems are in constant communication, and problems at one level, can reverberate up and down the line. Essentially, the basic problem with the cancer cell is that it does not communicate properly, as evidenced by these quotes from Yamasaki’s article on non-genotoxic mechanisms of carcinogenesis: “Cancer can be regarded as a rebellion in an orderly society of cells when they neglect their neighbors and grow autonomously over surrounding normal cells”.

“Since intercellular communication plays an important role in maintaining an orderly society, it must be disturbed in the process of carcinogenesis”.

“Evidence suggests that blockage of intercellular communication is important in the promotion process of carcinogenesis”.

While we cannot define stress, all of our research confirms that the sense of being out of control is always distressful. That also happens to be the best definition of the cancer cell – it is essentially a cell out of control, because it does not communicate. Could it be that the beneficial effects of a firm faith, or visual imagery, are somehow related to the development of a sense of control? Can that message somehow filter down through the body’s complex informational network to cancer cells? We know that the brain has hard wired as well as humoral connections with the immune system that may transmit such messages. However, it is clear that there are receptor sites on cell membranes for very subtle electrical energies similar in nature to those that are generated in the body. EEG wave patterns may be much more than simply the noise of the machinery of the brain. They may well represent messages being sent to other parts of the body. This is consistent with Nordenstrom’s theory of an internal electrical circulatory system and his dramatically successful treatment of metastatic lung tumors using weak electrical energies. Understanding how such mind/body interactions are mediated, may help us to learn how to stimulate, simulate, or emulate such mechanisms, to tap into the wisdom of the body and its awesome potential for self healing. Considerable evidence suggests that such forces play an even more important role in stress-cancer relationships because of their ability to control cell growth at its very basic level.

We are all exposed daily to a host of potential physical carcinogens in our environment but are there psychosocial carcinogens as well? What determines resistance or susceptibility to cancer? Behavioral factors and inappropriate responses to stress must also be considered along with genetic factors in attempting to understand why some individuals develop cancer, or what the clinical course will be. Impaired host resistance due to disturbances in immune system function seem to be an important factor as evidenced by the increase in malignancies in patients with AIDS and the melanoma studies by Fawzy and the benefit of stress reduction has been demonstrated in both of these fatal disorders. Similarly, Cohen’s detailed experiments on the effect of stress on the development of colds found that rates for both laboratory evidence of infection and clinical colds correlated precisely with the magnitude of psychological stress scores for each of the five rhinoviruses used in healthy volunteers. In addition, he also demonstrated the protective effects of strong social support.

Our current preoccupation is with cancer epidemiology, the roots of which epi (on), demos (people), logos (reason), connote something that has been thrust upon us from outside. What we must now begin to appreciate is what I have referred to as the endemiology of cancer, and those influences emanating from within the individual which may be equally significant and potentially under our control. Louis Pasteur, the great proponent of the germ theory of disease, engaged in many debates with his famous contemporary Claude Bernard. On his deathbed, he allegedly stated: “Bernard avait raison, Le germe n’est rien, c’est le terrain quiest tout”. (Bernard was right. The microbe is nothing, the soil is everything). In the final analysis, we are left with what every “compleat” physician eventually learns, namely, that, “Many times it is much more important to know what kind of patient has the disease, than what kind of disease the patient has”.

Paul J. Rosch, M.D., F.A.C.P.
President, The American Institute Of Stress

Clinical Professor of Medicine and Psychiatry
New York Medical College

(The above is based on prior chapters and articles that are listed in the following Suggested Readings)

Become a Member
Set yourself apart as a stress expert!
Join Now
Feeling stressed?
Take an easy, confidential, online self-assessment for just $17.95.
Take Now
THE AMERICAN INSTITUTE OF STRESS
220 Adams Drive, Suite 280 - #224, Weatherford, TX 76086 USA

Phone: (682) 239-6823

Email: Contact Us

AIS does not provide any clinical services nor are we able to respond to requests for assistance with personal problems other than to suggest resources that may be helpful when appropriate.

The American Institute of Stress was founded in Yonkers, New York in 1978 and moved to Texas in 2012. It is a Texas 501(c)3 nonprofit corporation. Your tax deductible gift allows us to continue helping you along with Service Members and civilians navigate stressful situations to have a happier, more rewarding life.
© Copyright 1979 - 2019 | All Rights Reserved
FacebookRssTwitterLinkedIn

https://www.stress.org/stress-and-cancer
tennis tom Posted - 12/15/2019 : 08:28:00
"Stress and cancer."

Journal ArticleDatabase: PsycARTICLES

Sklar, Lawrence S. Anisman, Hymie

Sklar, L. S., & Anisman, H. (1981). Stress and cancer. Psychological Bulletin, 89(3), 369–406. https://doi.org/10.1037/0033-2909.89.3.369

Abstract :

Consistent with human research suggesting that stress may influence the carcinogenic process, data from infrahuman experiments have revealed that aversive insults may potentiate or inhibit tumorigenicity, with nature of the change dependent on psychological, experiential, and organismic variables. Exacerbation of tumor growth is evident following acute exposure to uncontrollable but not controllable stress, and the effects of aversive stimuli vary as a function of prior stress history and social housing conditions. The fact that stress influences neurochemical, hormonal, and immunological functioning and that these changes are subject to many of the same manipulations that influenced the carcinogenic process suggests a relation between these 3 mechanisms and the stress-induced alterations of tumor growth. This contention is supported by findings showing that pharmacological manipulations that modify these endogenous substrates have predictable effects on tumorigenesis.

(10¼ p ref) (PsycINFO Database Record (c) 2016 APA, all rights reserved)"
susan828 Posted - 12/14/2019 : 18:39:44
I have been reading this thread and I can't believe this nonsense that you wrote, Felipe:
"The problem with cancer is that to be cured you have to accept that you're the one that is causing it." CHILDREN GET CANCER. They're causing it? of course not. I have cancer. I didn't cause it. I have stress like everyone else. Some cells went bad and formed a tumor. It happens. To attribute every disease to TMS is ridiculous.
tennis tom Posted - 12/13/2019 : 10:21:59
quote:
Originally posted by filipe

...since I feel guilty about what is happening with my wife :(

...I fear that all this knowledge will be lost in the future...

PS: Do you have skype? I would love to talk to anyone that understands TMS :(

Hi Filipe, your guilt is evidence of your TMS "goodist" personality. I've given you some alternative resources for "when they say you have cancer"--have you investigated them?

If you're referring to the TMS "KNOWEDGE PENICILLIN" being lost, it is age-old and people just need to be open to it and take responsibility for their mindbody health, not relying on an increasingly impersonal government-medical-industrial complex that can't and doesn't have the time to care about you as Dr. Sarno and other "good doctors" do.

I don't skype but we can talk here so as to benefit others.

tennis tom Posted - 12/12/2019 : 19:41:30
Is this what you were looking for? Look for the phrase hilited in yellow, "let it pass", by Dave :

http://www.tmshelp.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=179&SearchTerms=let+it+pass
filipe Posted - 12/12/2019 : 14:52:32
Thanks TT :)

By the way, just to tell you that I'm having this awful a back pain lately. It started one month ago. Never had back pain before, at least I can't remember. I was expecting this, since I feel guilty about what is happening with my wife :(

Any way, I fear that all this knowledge will be lost in the future...

By the way, I'm looking for a thread about anxiety, it was something called "let it pass". It suggested that people should let the anxiety period go away, instead of fighting it. Do you know anything about it?

PS: Do you have skype? I would love to talk to anyone that understands TMS :(
tennis tom Posted - 11/17/2019 : 05:15:42
quote:
Originally posted by filipe

Chronic TMS can provoke structural changes in your body that can be totally reverted, ...

PS: I love this dialogue, but what happened to this wonderful forum? Did avery one just run away? :)

Those "structural changes" are usually due to atrophy, caused by not using muscles--"use it or lose it". It can be reversed within a short period of time by sensibly exercising those dormant muscles for a few weeks.

Hopefully, everyone can "run away" from the Forum--that would be the desired outcome. Most people get better and go on with their lives, with less fear of doing damage with a newly gained confidence that they are not delicate flowers. I heard an interesting factoid recently that the Achilles tendon is strong enough to lift a light car!

The forum is still here for anyone to use it, since the death of Dr. Sarno, things have slowed down. This forum is a great source of TMS KNOWLEDGE PENICILLIN information. All one has to do is use the "SEARCH" feature to find reams of info on all TMS topics--no need to re-invent the wheel, there's enough TMS info archived here to answer most any TMS quetions regarding "symptoms" or TMS theory and fudamentals.

Psychosomatic medicine is my hobby so I drop by here from time to time to catch the latest TMS news. Most everything that needs to be said about TMS has been said here and can be found with a "SEARCH".
filipe Posted - 11/16/2019 : 01:38:24
quote:
Originally posted by tennis tom

Hi Filipe,

I don't think cancer and TMS is a taboo topic at the TMS Wiki, having been a long-time contributor there, I've never seen any evidence for that. Give it a try posting over there, what do you have to lose. I don't know of any other sites though I'm sure they exist, I don't spend much time searching for medical info elsewhere--Dr. Sarno's books and books by his devotees have served me well. Dr. Bernie Siegel may have a forum at his site or know of others.

g'luck!
tt

TT, is osteoporosis TMS? Because that's what really was found in my my wife exams now, although they are relate it to her breast cancer... let's just forget her previous diagnose... Is osteoporosis TMS? Did SArno talked about that?

PS: Well I found it. Sarno calls it bone abnormalities, and it is in fact TMS - look at pag. 79 (bottom),book the mind body prescription..

Chronic TMS can provoke structural changes in your body that can be totally reverted, once you let your repressed emotions go... but no one seems to care about this...

People don't understand that structural changes could be a result of TMS they are always worried about the other way around... Chronic stress kills you in so many ways...

PS: I love this dialogue, but what happened to this wonderful forum? Did avery one just run away? :)
tennis tom Posted - 11/15/2019 : 19:04:23
Hi Filipe,

I don't think cancer and TMS is a taboo topic at the TMS Wiki, having been a long-time contributor there, I've never seen any evidence for that. Give it a try posting over there, what do you have to lose. I don't know of any other sites though I'm sure they exist, I don't spend much time searching for medical info elsewhere--Dr. Sarno's books and books by his devotees have served me well. Dr. Bernie Siegel may have a forum at his site or know of others.

g'luck!
tt
filipe Posted - 11/15/2019 : 17:18:24
quote:

Hi Filipe, sorry I'm not proficient in TMS cancer--and don't want to be!--if I get it I'm sure I will bone up on it. Hopefully others many chime in to dialogue with you on this serious form of TMS. You may want to post also at the TMS Wiki to broaden your views. I've given you many TMS related cancer sources and complementary books--have you looked at them?

SteveO's contace info can be found at his website, here at resources or links and at the TMS Wiki "practitioners" list.

==================================================

TAKE THE HOLMES-RAHE STRESS TEST
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Holmes_and_Rahe_stress_scale

Some of my favorite excerpts from _THE DIVIDED MIND_ :
http://www.tmshelp.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=2605

"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society." Jiddu Krishnamurti

"Pain is inevitable; suffering is optional." Author Unknown

“You can discover more about a person in an hour of play than in a year of conversation” – Plato

"Happy People Are Happy Putters." Frank Nobilo, Golf Analyst

"Be careful about reading health books. You may die of a misprint." Mark Twain and Balto

"The hot-dog is the noblest of dogs; it feeds the hand that bites it." Dr. Laurence Johnston Peter

"...the human emotional system was not designed to endure the mental rigors of a tennis match." Dr. Allen Fox

"Where ignorance is bliss, 'tis folly to be wise" - Thomas Gray

"All my friends in Los Angeles are the sensitive type. They all have like all the diseases like Chronic Fatigue, Epstien Barr, Fibromyalgia. Like all the diseases where the only symptoms seem to be you had a really crappy childhood and at the prospect of full time work ya feel kinda achy and tired."

Posted by Skizzik @ TMSHelp from comedian Maria Bamford

"Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthuisam."
Sir Winston Churchill

======================================================

"If it ends with "itis" or "algia" or "syndrome" and doctors can't figure out what causes it, then it might be TMS." Dave the Mod

=================================================

TMS PRACTITIONERS:

John Sarno, MD
400 E 34th St, New York, NY 10016
(212) 263-6035

Dr. Sarno is now retired, if you call this number you will be referred to his associate Dr. Rashbaum.

"...there are so many things little and big that are tms, I wouldn't have time to write about all of them": Told to icelikeaninja by Dr. Sarno

Here's the TMS practitioners list from the TMS Help Forum:
http://www.tmshelp.com/links.htm

Here's a list of TMS practitioners from the TMS Wiki:
http://tmswiki.org/ppd/Find_a_TMS_Doctor_or_Therapist

Yes TT. I bought Bernie S. Siegel book. The more I read about cancer, and people that healed from terminal cancer, against all odds, the more I'm sure it is TMS. There are thousands, that the only thing they did was to relax :). I don't have a single doubt that you can heal everything...

Do you know any forum, where I can discuss the mind body relation with diseases? I feel Cancer is like a taboo in TMS WIki forum... I guess people continue to think that cancer is a bug, that want to eat us from inside...
tennis tom Posted - 11/15/2019 : 11:11:50
Hi Filipe, sorry I'm not proficient in TMS cancer--and don't want to be!--if I get it I'm sure I will bone up on it. Hopefully others many chime in to dialogue with you on this serious form of TMS. You may want to post also at the TMS Wiki to broaden your views. I've given you many TMS related cancer sources and complementary books--have you looked at them?

SteveO's contace info can be found at his website, here at resources or links and at the TMS Wiki "practitioners" list.

TAKE THE HOLMES-RAHE STRESS TEST
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Holmes_and_Rahe_stress_scale

Some of my favorite excerpts from _THE DIVIDED MIND_ :
http://www.tmshelp.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=2605

"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society." Jiddu Krishnamurti

"Pain is inevitable; suffering is optional." Author Unknown

“You can discover more about a person in an hour of play than in a year of conversation” – Plato

"Happy People Are Happy Putters." Frank Nobilo, Golf Analyst

"Be careful about reading health books. You may die of a misprint." Mark Twain and Balto

"The hot-dog is the noblest of dogs; it feeds the hand that bites it." Dr. Laurence Johnston Peter

"...the human emotional system was not designed to endure the mental rigors of a tennis match." Dr. Allen Fox

"Where ignorance is bliss, 'tis folly to be wise" - Thomas Gray

"All my friends in Los Angeles are the sensitive type. They all have like all the diseases like Chronic Fatigue, Epstien Barr, Fibromyalgia. Like all the diseases where the only symptoms seem to be you had a really crappy childhood and at the prospect of full time work ya feel kinda achy and tired."

Posted by Skizzik @ TMSHelp from comedian Maria Bamford

"Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthuisam."
Sir Winston Churchill

======================================================

"If it ends with "itis" or "algia" or "syndrome" and doctors can't figure out what causes it, then it might be TMS." Dave the Mod

=================================================

TMS PRACTITIONERS:

John Sarno, MD
400 E 34th St, New York, NY 10016
(212) 263-6035

Dr. Sarno is now retired, if you call this number you will be referred to his associate Dr. Rashbaum.

"...there are so many things little and big that are tms, I wouldn't have time to write about all of them": Told to icelikeaninja by Dr. Sarno

Here's the TMS practitioners list from the TMS Help Forum:
http://www.tmshelp.com/links.htm

Here's a list of TMS practitioners from the TMS Wiki:
http://tmswiki.org/ppd/Find_a_TMS_Doctor_or_Therapist

filipe Posted - 11/15/2019 : 01:06:40
quote:

Hi Filipe, thanks for the info. I just had a PSA test due to a urinary retention issue recently, that's all well now. I will get the results in a week. If for some reason they tell me it's cancer I'll look into it more deeply of course--at that juncture, my ox will be being gored, as they say. Hopefully, the results will be routine. Right now I've been responding to your great concern about your wife cancer DX and giving you complementary to TMS info. But, we don't seem to be communicating in that regard. Have you or your wife looked into the info I've provided? Is she pursuing complementary non-invasive cancer paths along with allopathic methods with her oncologists?

how can a mind-body approach to cancer cure coexist with allopathic toxic medicine? How can a poison cure? Can the mind overcome the death effects of a poison in the body? I mean, a poison is a poison, right?

How can you overcome fear, if it's fear that is making you taking a deadly poison?!?!??!

How can I help her in this situation, when I watched close ones, that followed the same conventional treatment path, died?!?!? I got a friend that was fundamentalist against alternative medicine that died in 3 months, after doing chemo, last week... :(

I wonder how can I get in touch with SteveO? I believe he shares my view...

Here another wonderful video for you to see:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v3ADK5glq8o&list=PL3jQEFwmuuGwBW7ebrrYZmnsOpjI5VZMo
tennis tom Posted - 11/14/2019 : 10:23:32
Hi Filipe, thanks for the info. I just had a PSA test due to a urinary retention issue recently, that's all well now. I will get the results in a week. If for some reason they tell me it's cancer I'll look into it more deeply of course--at that juncture, my ox will be being gored, as they say. Hopefully, the results will be routine. Right now I've been responding to your great concern about your wife cancer DX and giving you complementary to TMS info. But, we don't seem to be communicating in that regard. Have you or your wife looked into the info I've provided? Is she pursuing complementary non-invasive cancer paths along with allopathic methods with her oncologists?
filipe Posted - 11/14/2019 : 07:01:28
quote:

Filipe, I tried watching the video again but it presents a bunch of conspiracy theories going back 100 years, blaming Richard Nixon and John D. Rockefeller, as to why "modern medicine" is what it is. I couldn't take it anymore--that was then and now is now. People are ultimately responsible for their health care, and with an open mind and some searching of their own, can researh the range of treatments available. I found Dr. Sarno on the bookshelf of my local bookstore in the health section when my back hurt and the structural approaches were not working.

This is a TMS site and there is much available here on TMS/mindbody complementary views of disease. I've recommended things to you I found helpful. I came across another book that was helpful--at least to me--to explore alternative treatments: "CANCER : 50 Essential Things to Do" by Greg Anderson. Hope it helps. I'd rather deal with what is now then get hung up in conspiracy theroies, true of false, from a hundred years ago.

I've played a lot of tennis with doctors and their calls aren't much better then your average player. Modern medicine doesn't have much time to concentrate on the patient--the waiting room is backing up. Your car probably gets more personalized attention than the hasty few minutes the white-coat can afford you, or at Safeway's pharmacy window--others are anxiously in line awaiting the quick fix from a surgery or an RX. Sarno healing takes emotional involvement by the sufferer. The worst player in the treatment chain can be the doc's office receptionist--the gate-keeper, a necessary evil to manage the schedule and protect the white-coats from the inmates.

My recent ER visit, follow-up treatment at the white-coat office, and getting rx's refilled, has demonstrated to me that "doctor's" office treatment is getting worse--at least in my area, which used to be one of the best. I used to be able to see my doctor almost immediately, and a specialist the next day or just walking across the street. Phyicians are becoming a rare and endangered species--for your initial visit you may get a physician's assistant, or a disinterested flunky a paygrade below. You may get more personalized CARE and attention waiting in line at McDonald's.

With factory mediicne, patients will need to take more responsibilty for their own health care--being TMS/Sarno savvy is a good starting point.

Here's a link to Dr. Bernie Seigel's site :

http://berniesiegelmd.com/products-page/holistic-healing/love-medicine-miracles-lessons-learned-about-self-healing-from-a-surgeons-experience-with-exceptional-patients/

Who cares about conspiracies. The truth is what matters. It is all about economy, making money, exploring others... They are murdering people right now. They murder people with drugs... people with TMS die in unnecessary surgeries, liver/kidney damage, or killed them selves, because they believe in the system... I know the video is shocking, but it is the truth... War is profitable,well, health is more...

Tell me what happened here?

http://edition.cnn.com/2011/HEALTH/03/03/ep.seidler.cancer.mind.body/index.html

Can you imagine cancer away?
By Elizabeth Cohen,

"(CNN) -- By now, you likely know David Seidler, who won an Oscar on Sunday for best original screenplay for "The King's Speech," was a stutterer just like King George VI, whose battle with the speech disorder is portrayed in the film.

What you might not know is that Seidler, 73, suffered from cancer, just like the king did. But unlike his majesty, Seidler survived the cancer, and he says he did so because he used the same vivid imagination he employed to write his award-winning script.

Seidler says he visualized his cancer away.

"I know it sounds awfully Southern California and woo-woo," he admits when he describes the visualization techniques he used when his bladder cancer was diagnosed nearly six years ago. "But that's what happened."

Seidler says when he found out his cancer had returned, he visualized a "lovely, clean healthy bladder" for two weeks, and the cancer disappeared. He's been cancer-free for more than five years.

Whether you can imagine away cancer, or any other disease, has been hotly debated for years.

One camp of doctors will tell you that they've seen patients do it, and that a whole host of studies supports the mind-body connection. Other doctors, just as well-respected, will tell you the notion is preposterous, and there's not a single study to prove it really works.

Seidler isn't concerned about studies. He says all he knows is that for him, visualization worked.

"Mucus and salty tears"

"When I was first diagnosed in 2005, I was rather upset, of course," Seidler says in a telephone interview from his home in Malibu, California. "After three to four days of producing a lot of mucus and salty tears, I knew prolonged grief was bad for the autoimmune system, and the autoimmune system was the only buddy I had in fighting cancer."

Seidler said that's when he decided to sit down and write the screenplay for "The King's Speech," which had been simmering in his brain for many years. "I thought, if I throw myself into the creative process, I can't be sitting around feeling sorry for myself," he says.

After consulting with California urologist Dr. Dino DeConcini, Seidler decided not to have chemotherapy or have all or part of his bladder removed, common treatments for bladder cancer. Instead, he opted for surgery to remove just the cancer itself, and he took supplements meant to enhance his immune system.

"For years, whenever I walked down the stairs I rattled like a pair of maracas, I had so many pills in me," he says.

Despite his best efforts, the cancer came back within months. Seidler was forced to rethink his decision not to have chemotherapy or bladder surgery.

Envisioning "a nice, cream-colored unblemished bladder"

As his doctor booked an appointment for surgery two weeks later, Seidler commiserated with his soon-to-be-ex-wife, and it was a comment from her that gave him the idea to try to visualize his cancer disappearing. "She said, 'Well, what happens if in two weeks they go in and there's no cancer?' " he remembers. "I thought to myself that's the dumbest thing I've ever heard. This woman's in total denial."

But later, reflecting upon her comments, Seidler thought perhaps she might be on to something -- perhaps it would be possible for his cancer to just disappear while he waited for surgery. Figuring he had nothing to lose, for the next two weeks he imagined a clean bladder.

"I spent hours visualizing a nice, cream-colored unblemished bladder lining, and then I went in for the operation, and a week later the doctor called me and his voice was very strange," Seidler remembers. "He said, 'I don't know how to explain it, but there's no cancer there.' He says the doctor was so confounded he sent the tissue from the presurgical biopsy to four different labs, and all confirmed they were cancerous.

Seidler says the doctor couldn't explain how it had happened. But Seidler could.

He says he believes the supplements and visualizations were behind what his doctor called a "spontaneous remission" -- plus a change in his way of thinking. He stopped feeling sorry for himself because of his cancer and his impending divorce.

"I was very grief-stricken," he remembers. "It was a 30-year marriage, and in my grief, I could tell I was getting sicker. I decided to just change my head around."

(The page is only available cashed... ODD?!?!?!?!)
tennis tom Posted - 11/09/2019 : 06:46:33
Filipe, I tried watching the video again but it presents a bunch of conspiracy theories going back 100 years, blaming Richard Nixon and John D. Rockefeller, as to why "modern medicine" is what it is. I couldn't take it anymore--that was then and now is now. People are ultimately responsible for their health care, and with an open mind and some searching of their own, can researh the range of treatments available. I found Dr. Sarno on the bookshelf of my local bookstore in the health section when my back hurt and the structural approaches were not working.

This is a TMS site and there is much available here on TMS/mindbody complementary views of disease. I've recommended things to you I found helpful. I came across another book that was helpful--at least to me--to explore alternative treatments: "CANCER : 50 Essential Things to Do" by Greg Anderson. Hope it helps. I'd rather deal with what is now then get hung up in conspiracy theroies, true of false, from a hundred years ago.

I've played a lot of tennis with doctors and their calls aren't much better then your average player. Modern medicine doesn't have much time to concentrate on the patient--the waiting room is backing up. Your car probably gets more personalized attention than the hasty few minutes the white-coat can afford you, or at Safeway's pharmacy window--others are anxiously in line awaiting the quick fix from a surgery or an RX. Sarno healing takes emotional involvement by the sufferer. The worst player in the treatment chain can be the doc's office receptionist--the gate-keeper, a necessary evil to manage the schedule and protect the white-coats from the inmates.

My recent ER visit, follow-up treatment at the white-coat office, and getting rx's refilled, has demonstrated to me that "doctor's" office treatment is getting worse--at least in my area, which used to be one of the best. I used to be able to see my doctor almost immediately, and a specialist the next day or just walking across the street. Phyicians are becoming a rare and endangered species--for your initial visit you may get a physician's assistant, or a disinterested flunky a paygrade below. You may get more personalized CARE and attention waiting in line at McDonald's.

With factory mediicne, patients will need to take more responsibilty for their own health care--being TMS/Sarno savvy is a good starting point.

Here's a link to Dr. Bernie Seigel's site :

http://berniesiegelmd.com/products-page/holistic-healing/love-medicine-miracles-lessons-learned-about-self-healing-from-a-surgeons-experience-with-exceptional-patients/
tennis tom Posted - 11/07/2019 : 19:29:39
Filipe, I didn't watch it because it turned me off from the onset--if I have time I'll give it another go. I recommended to you to search here for "cancer", at the TMS wiki, read what Dr. Sarno has to say about it in his books--have you his two last books? I also recommended to you to read up on Dr. Bernie Siegel, a renowned physician who has written about alternative treatments for cancer? Have you done any of that? You are lucky your wife buys into TMS, I would quit reading dr.google, usually no good comes of that. Since this is a TMS site I would focus on what Dr. Sarno and other TMS authorities have to say about cancer.
filipe Posted - 11/07/2019 : 18:49:01
quote:

Filipe, I took a quick look at the link you put out there and quicky x'ed it out and hope it doesn't give CANCER to my computer! My immediate and un-educated first impression is that it is GARBAGE! It's good that your wife is on-board with TMS! Then quit searching for sites like that that put out conspiracy theories about cancer cures that are being suppressed by conventional medicine. In my area there is an uptick in breast cancer--they found that there was more of it here because they were looking for it more here. Be wary of people who offer you an unconventional cure in a bottle or some voodoo treatment! We are all ultimately responsible for our own health and need to look at all the possible treatments and I would trust the advice of an MD over some Youtube video.

Boilerplate: I'm a tennis player and NOT a doctor or medical professional and this is only my 2cents based on a hasty look at the video link you sent me and quicky shut down.

I wasn't expecting that reaction from you. Even Sarno said that the health industry was in a crisis. Instead of preventing epidemics they were creating it... The problem is that in my country we also follow FDA rigorously. So conventional medicine is the same here. They treat diseases with drugs, and poisons... instead of curing diseases they are selling drugs... this is a big business, private health is striving... they are making money like crazy... savage capitalism as its best... in fact, most of my friends look like junkies... every single one of them is taking some kind of pill...we are replicating what you are doing there...that is, making money exploring others, and paying you your percentage of the profits... I think that video is brilliant... have you seen what Big Pharma is doing in Africa?!??!?! Killing children with their drugs?

TMSHelp Forum © TMSHelp.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000