TMSHelp Forum
TMSHelp Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Resources | Links | Policy
 All Forums
 TMSHelp
 TMSHelp General Forum
 Has Anyone Tried the Quell Device?

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
tennis tom Posted - 01/29/2019 : 09:03:30
Has anyone tried the QUELL device for relief of symptomatic TMS or structural injury pain?

https://www.quellrelief.com/

2   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
tennis tom Posted - 02/06/2019 : 13:51:49
Thanks for the reply! I would use it for symptomatic pain relief. since my "hip-arthritis TMS?" has been dx'ed by several TMS physicians over the years as "arthritis", TMS and "both", it leaves me as sort of the canary in the TMS coal mine--without seeking more TMS docs for more dx's, I'm sorting it out on my own with an occasional phone consult with TMS expert/authors like Fred Amir and SteveO. I have a "TENDLiTE" on the way for symptomatic pain relief. It uses "low intensity (cold) laser therapy. I'll let you'll know if it helps me with present and future pains. If you're interested you can read about it at Fred Amir's web-site blog.

Agreed, that Dr. Sarno did not believe in letting his patients suffer in silence, as he said TMS pain could be as or more painful then any structurally induced pain". I found a citation in one of his books about the efficacy of ice packs and deep tissue sonic treatments. Or, you can tough it out like SteveO did and have your wife or other "loved one" hit your tender spot with a baseball bat.

Here's a link (hopefully--I'm a Luddite) to Fred's
blog : https://www.fredamir.com/blog

Cheers,
tt
summabody Posted - 02/05/2019 : 23:13:51
I've used TENS machines before just to dull nerve sensations, which is basically the same thing. Based on the gate theory of pain and releases endorphins or something. I think it's helpful to use whatever you can to stop pain in the short term to allow your brain out of the "memory" of the sensations that can play like a one-track CD on repeat.

That said, it is "treating" your pain which may reinforce it.

TMSHelp Forum © TMSHelp.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000