TMSHelp Forum
TMSHelp Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Resources | Links | Policy
 All Forums
 TMSHelp
 TMSHelp General Forum
 Bunions and TMS?

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
JFran Posted - 11/28/2017 : 20:57:12
Hi all. I have found much relief from studying TMS. I'm a "believer" you could say -- but my mother would be a hard sell.

She is nearing 60 years old and has awful bunions on both feet. Does anyone here have experience with bunions and treating them with TMS? She may be a lost cause as far as accepting a mindbody syndrome, but it hurts to watch her in so much pain. Just Googling bunions and seeing how bad they could get makes me really scared for her.

Are bunions one of those conditions that don't fall under TMS because we're talking about a bony bump and joints jutting out, not muscles/nerves? Or would it still qualify?

Has anyone come across any TMS-related literature on this? Dis Sarno ever write about them in his books?

I know this is not a typical post for this forum, but any help is welcome. Will happily delete if this is deemed an inappropriate post.
4   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
altherunner Posted - 12/02/2017 : 22:33:54
Thanks Tom, happy holidays to you! I have had spread out tms on most of my body, after the back and neck, my feet and legs were next.
tennis tom Posted - 12/02/2017 : 11:23:27
Hi Al, thanks for helping out JF and her mother with your own personal real TMS science! I haven't heard much about bunions/TMS but I was hoping someone here had--and there you go!
Cheers mate & Hoppy Holidaze, I owe you a beer next time I'm up your way,
tt/lsmft

==================================================

TAKE THE HOLMES-RAHE STRESS TEST
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Holmes_and_Rahe_stress_scale

Some of my favorite excerpts from _THE DIVIDED MIND_ :
http://www.tmshelp.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=2605

==================================================

"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society." Jiddu Krishnamurti

"Pain is inevitable; suffering is optional." Author Unknown

“You can discover more about a person in an hour of play than in a year of conversation” – Plato

"Happy People Are Happy Putters." Frank Nobilo, Golf Analyst

"Be careful about reading health books. You may die of a misprint." Mark Twain and Balto

"The hot-dog is the noblest of dogs; it feeds the hand that bites it." Dr. Laurence Johnston Peter

"...the human emotional system was not designed to endure the mental rigors of a tennis match." Dr. Allen Fox

"Where ignorance is bliss, 'tis folly to be wise" - Thomas Gray

"All my friends in Los Angeles are the sensitive type. They all have like all the diseases like Chronic Fatigue, Epstien Barr, Fibromyalgia. Like all the diseases where the only symptoms seem to be you had a really crappy childhood and at the prospect of full time work ya feel kinda achy and tired."

Posted by Skizzik @ TMSHelp from comedian Maria Bamford

"Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthuisam."
Sir Winston Churchill

======================================================

"If it ends with "itis" or "algia" or "syndrome" and doctors can't figure out what causes it, then it might be TMS." Dave the Mod

=================================================

TMS PRACTITIONERS:

John Sarno, MD
400 E 34th St, New York, NY 10016
(212) 263-6035

Dr. Sarno is now retired, if you call this number you will be referred to his associate Dr. Rashbaum.

"...there are so many things little and big that are tms, I wouldn't have time to write about all of them": Told to icelikeaninja by Dr. Sarno

Here's the TMS practitioners list from the TMS Help Forum:
http://www.tmshelp.com/links.htm

Here's a list of TMS practitioners from the TMS Wiki:
http://tmswiki.org/ppd/Find_a_TMS_Doctor_or_Therapist

altherunner Posted - 12/01/2017 : 21:35:29
Hi - I have bunions, they used to hurt. They are still there, have not hurt for years now. I used to get a lot of foot and leg pains that were tms.
tennis tom Posted - 11/29/2017 : 00:56:14
Do a search here, there's a 'SEARCH' button for it in the upper right corner. You'll find a few citations for the word, it will be hi-lited in yellow. Also check out the TMS Wiki.

TMSHelp Forum © TMSHelp.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000