TMSHelp Forum
TMSHelp Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Resources | Links | Policy
 All Forums
 TMSHelp
 TMSHelp General Forum
 headache & high blood pressure

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
mala Posted - 09/24/2013 : 05:29:31
The last few weeks I have had sudden headaches with blood pressure 150/100. Like now!

Before that my BP always used to be on the low side like 110/60.

Any one had this too.

mala

"It is more important to know what sort of person has a disease than to know
what sort of disease a person has." ~ Hippocrates (460-377 B.C.)

Mala Singh Barber on Facebook
5   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
andy64tms Posted - 12/06/2017 : 15:14:37
Hi Singer Artist,

Here is my take on how anger spiked my Blood Pressure.

http://www.tmswiki.org/forum/threads/one-repressed-emotion.17395/

Get checked out, heart stuff is serious..

Andy

Andy
Past TMS Experience in 2000, with success.
Charlie Horse on neck for 20 years, is almost gone.
Books:
Healing Back Pain
Unlearn your Pain
The Great Pain Deception
Singer_Artist Posted - 11/28/2017 : 15:59:25
PS: I should do a separate post about the repressed rage I feel when I stop in here after a long time and no one responds! lol
Singer_Artist Posted - 11/27/2017 : 20:30:25
Thank you, Tom..Reading this will help me sleep better tonight, I am sure..I have a copy of the Divided Mind but it is packed away in a box somewhere..(my bad!)..I moved so many times..My BP was higher than it's ever been today and scared the crap out of me..Last night and this AM I had some chest pain..thank God that is gone..Interestingly, I had a very enraging and upsetting family dynamic happen on Friday and Thursday I decided to spend Tday alone..On top of that..as an artist/singer and now pt music therapist for the elderly finances remain a constant stress as my dog who is now 12 is battling Degenerative Myelopathy..He is my family as some might remember..And we lost the other members of my family in LV in 2011..He is in my heart the last of the Mohicans, so to speak, so I am going thru enormous stress and enormous vet bills..I also need to lose some weight w/c can raise BP too..This is where it sometimes gets confusing..is it my weight, my stress or just plain old TMS again..I used to have low BP..i know the weight plays some role as does the stress..I find it interesting that as this is going on my back is hurting less!
tennis tom Posted - 09/25/2013 : 10:10:25
quote:
Originally posted by mala

The last few weeks I have had sudden headaches with blood pressure 150/100. Like now!

Before that my BP always used to be on the low side like 110/60.

Any one had this too.

mala

"It is more important to know what sort of person has a disease than to know
what sort of disease a person has." ~ Hippocrates (460-377 B.C.)

Mala Singh Barber on Facebook

In reply to your question if it's TMS, then it's the "SYMPTOM IMPERATIVE". Since Dr. Schubiner has allayed your other TMS fears regarding psychosomatic TMS issues, the gremlin is looking for new areas to hide to distract you from emotional pain as a psychological defense mechanism.

Of course, the usual boiler-plate New Adventure has warned me to add: consult a doctor to make sure it's NOT anything structural that should be treated allopathicaly.

G'luck!
tt/lsmft
tennis tom Posted - 09/24/2013 : 22:03:30
Dr. Sarno has a chapter in "THE DIVIDED MIND" written by Samuel J. Mann, M.D. titled, 'HYPERTENSION AND THE MINDBODY CONNNECTION: A NEW PARADIGM' starting on page 185.

TMSHelp Forum © TMSHelp.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000