TMSHelp Forum
TMSHelp Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Resources | Links | Policy
 All Forums
 TMSHelp
 TMSHelp General Forum
 Son Just Finished 4th Week of TMS, No Change Yet.

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
yd3626 Posted - 10/27/2017 : 15:09:16
Is this typical? He has severe depression. We had high hopes for this and he is getting really down as nothing is changing. They always have a hard time finding the correct spot for the attachment to go to the correct lobe. I am really skeptical of this whole thing right now especially as it is costing a fortune! Any thoughts! Thanks! Geri H

Geri Hydock
3   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Scottydog Posted - 11/16/2017 : 00:10:27
I have just discovered a book called The Untethered Soul which could help with depression.
Just thought I'd mention it as it has helped me, and then my son, a lot. I am not particularly aiming it at the first poster whose son sounds very ill.
tennis tom Posted - 10/28/2017 : 01:00:17
I concur with Andy, you have stumbled on this site by accident because the acronyms are the same for each. I was diagnosed with "clinical depression" by a professional a few years back. When I came to understand that my depression was an affective/emotional symptom of Dr. Sarno's TMS, THE MINDBODY SYNDROME, I was able to come out of it in a short period of time. I would recommend exploring Dr. Sarno's TMS since it works and costs nothing accept for reading a book, or consulting with a TMS therapist, there is a list of them here and at the TMS Wiki site. If one is not in your vicinity, you can consult with them by phone or skype with good results as in person.

==================================================

TAKE THE HOLMES-RAHE STRESS TEST
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Holmes_and_Rahe_stress_scale

Some of my favorite excerpts from _THE DIVIDED MIND_ :
http://www.tmshelp.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=2605

==================================================

"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society." Jiddu Krishnamurti

"Pain is inevitable; suffering is optional." Author Unknown

“You can discover more about a person in an hour of play than in a year of conversation” – Plato

"Happy People Are Happy Putters." Frank Nobilo, Golf Analyst

"Be careful about reading health books. You may die of a misprint." Mark Twain and Balto

"The hot-dog is the noblest of dogs; it feeds the hand that bites it." Dr. Laurence Johnston Peter

"...the human emotional system was not designed to endure the mental rigors of a tennis match." Dr. Allen Fox

"Where ignorance is bliss, 'tis folly to be wise" - Thomas Gray

"All my friends in Los Angeles are the sensitive type. They all have like all the diseases like Chronic Fatigue, Epstien Barr, Fibromyalgia. Like all the diseases where the only symptoms seem to be you had a really crappy childhood and at the prospect of full time work ya feel kinda achy and tired."

Posted by Skizzik @ TMSHelp from comedian Maria Bamford

"Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthuisam."
Sir Winston Churchill

======================================================

"If it ends with "itis" or "algia" or "syndrome" and doctors can't figure out what causes it, then it might be TMS." Dave the Mod

=================================================

TMS PRACTITIONERS:

John Sarno, MD
400 E 34th St, New York, NY 10016
(212) 263-6035

Dr. Sarno is now retired, if you call this number you will be referred to his associate Dr. Rashbaum.

"...there are so many things little and big that are tms, I wouldn't have time to write about all of them": Told to icelikeaninja by Dr. Sarno

Here's the TMS practitioners list from the TMS Help Forum:
http://www.tmshelp.com/links.htm

Here's a list of TMS practitioners from the TMS Wiki:
http://tmswiki.org/ppd/Find_a_TMS_Doctor_or_Therapist

andy64tms Posted - 10/27/2017 : 21:05:39
Hi Geri,

Sorry to hear your son is not doing well. With respect I think you have the wrong web site. This is not help for Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation. In fact quite the opposite, as we believe in intervention and understanding of how psychology causes pain both physical and anxiety based. Your son’s depression would fit in well here.. Furthermore there is another web site called the TMS Wiki with a wonderful group of psychologists and therapists that could help with your son’s depression. Since you are skeptical about the treatment and service, may I add you would be at home on both these websites, and it’s free for the most part.

Wishing you and your son well

TMS- The Mind Body Syndrome
TMS- Tension Myositis Syndrome
Based on the theories and books by John E. Sarno M.D.

http://www.tmswiki.org/w/index.php?page=The_Tension_Myositis_Syndrome_Wiki

Wishing you and your son well

Andy
Past TMS Experience in 2000, with success.
Charlie Horse on neck for 20 years, is almost gone.
Books:
Healing Back Pain
Unlearn your Pain
The Great Pain Deception

TMSHelp Forum © TMSHelp.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000