TMSHelp Forum
TMSHelp Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Resources | Links | Policy
 All Forums
 TMSHelp
 TMSHelp General Forum
 Anxiety

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Angelina Posted - 10/20/2017 : 00:08:31
Hi all,

I have had a lot of neck and back pain in the past and although its mostly subsided, it still comes and goes. But other symptoms have now presented.

Watching my mother die last year, dealing with a hostile brother and an abusive, narcissistic father have contributed, I feel, to the suffering I experience today.

My most dibilitating issues right now are anxiety and tinnitus. I have read wonderful books by Sarno, Ozanich and Schubiner, and have had momentary improvements, but each time I see a light at the end of the tunnel, I slip back into darkness, pessimism and utter despair.

I would appreciate any help I can get. I am particularly desperate for advice specific to anxiety and/or tinnitus.

Thank you all so much.

Angelina

4   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
yogaluz Posted - 11/13/2017 : 11:22:35
Since you have a narcissistic parent, I would also encourage you to read some of Alice Miller's books. I'm re-reading The Body Never Lies: The Lingering Effects of Hurtful Parenting. You might want to start with The Drama of the Gifted Child in which she details the how we as children respond to being parented by a narcissist. She described my childhood to a T, eerily so. You can also do a search on this forum for "Alice Miller" and a bunch of conversations pop up about the connection between having toxic parents and TMS. Sending good thoughts your way!

pain is inevitable, suffering optional
Fox Posted - 11/06/2017 : 12:17:53
Dr. Claire Weeks' books for anxiety, especially "Hope and Help for Your Nerves" (better than the title implies). Google Tinnitus Retraining Therapy (TRT) for tinnitus. As to the latter, see my success story on TMS Wiki.
Angelina Posted - 10/22/2017 : 22:43:27
Hi Andy,

Thank you so much for replying. I did listen to the podcast on anxiety and found it very useful. I will apply the recommendations to myself and hope it will help.

The more I talk to others the more I find so many people out there have similar symptoms, yet very few are aware of TMS and generally rely on traditional medicine or surgery in an attempt to resolve them.

I feel very fortunate I have a very supportive husband who has successfully applied TMS strategies to himself, making it easier for me to accept the concept.

I have had some success, but the recent new symptoms especially tinnitus, anxiety and fear have been a struggle.

Thank you again,
Angelina
andy64tms Posted - 10/21/2017 : 12:56:57
Hi Angelina,

Things are very quiet on this web site presently. Re anxiety you may get benefit from these webinars from the TMS Wiki. I have only listened to the first one myself. You may need a log in to access.
I went through many family issues in 2010. It will get better. I found help here and the TMS Wiki. May be give yourself permission to write a bio like mine, (keep it to yourself in need be), and don’t forget to forgive yourself.
Good luck

Alan Gordon, LCSW: March 18, 2013
On March 18th, Alan Gordon returned to host the PTPN's first special webinar of 2013. This webinar focused specifically on how to overcome anxiety, and how to change reactions to fear to avoid fueling TMS pain. Like the past two webinars he hosted, Alan spoke with callers on the line to help them through their specific struggles.
Discussion Thread
Audio Recording
Mini Session 1: John
Mini Session 2: Mandi
Mini Session 3: Layne
http://www.tmswiki.org/ppd/TMS_Webinars

Andy
Past TMS Experience in 2000, with success.
Charlie Horse on neck for 20 years, is almost gone.
Books:
Healing Back Pain
Unlearn your Pain
The Great Pain Deception

TMSHelp Forum © TMSHelp.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000