TMSHelp Forum
TMSHelp Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Resources | Links | Policy
 All Forums
 TMSHelp
 TMSHelp General Forum
 Why Freud Survives

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
shawnsmith Posted - 08/29/2017 : 06:35:27
Freud was a lousy scientist. He fudged data; he made unsubstantiated claims; he took credit for other people’s ideas. Sometimes he lied.
He’s been debunked again and again—and yet we still can’t give him up.

http://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2017/08/28/why-freud-survives?mbid=social_facebook
11   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Fox Posted - 09/13/2017 : 15:12:46
After all, Freud bashing has, unfortunately, been the rage for decades. So, to the New Yorker staff, or to most anyone else, this wouldn't have been seen as a very controversial point of view.
Fox Posted - 09/06/2017 : 14:11:39
I subscribe to the New Yorker mag and think it's great. Just because the New Yorker published an article that bashed Freud, it doesn't mean that the New Yorker staff all hate Freud.
tennis tom Posted - 09/06/2017 : 10:13:16
SS, how you doin' with all your new Hatian friends sleeping in your living room? Maybe you can buddy-up to a voo-doo doctor and he can have a midnight chicken killing ceremony in the backyard and fix your TMS.
shawnsmith Posted - 09/06/2017 : 09:08:35
Those who think the New Yorker is no longer a good publication need to read this excellent piece: http://www.newyorker.com/news/daily-comment/trumps-move-to-end-daca-and-echoes-of-the-immigration-act-of-1924
altherunner Posted - 08/31/2017 : 21:01:22
ha ha! our medical doesn't cover funny glasses, we have to make our own, btw our PM prefers Justine just so you know
tennis tom Posted - 08/31/2017 : 20:58:06
quote:
Originally posted by shawnsmith

Well, whether you like the New Yorker or not, the article is spot on.
quote:
Originally posted by Sam908

The New Yorker? It ceased being a credible source of information since Harold Ross died in 1951.

You been looken' up at the eclipse without those special glasses SS?
shawnsmith Posted - 08/31/2017 : 16:33:40
Well, whether you like the New Yorker or not, the article is spot on.
quote:

The New Yorker? It ceased being a credible source of information since Harold Ross died in 1951.

tennis tom Posted - 08/31/2017 : 15:16:33
quote:
Originally posted by Fox

Interesting article. Maybe Freud wasn't perfect, but he influenced the Good Doctor positively in the development of his ideas on psychosomatic disorders/mind body interaction/TMS, and for that I am deeply grateful to Freud.

"LIKE"--Too bad this site doesn't have a "like" button or I would hit it.
Fox Posted - 08/31/2017 : 10:58:19
Interesting article. Maybe Freud wasn't perfect, but he influenced the Good Doctor positively in the development of his ideas on psychosomatic disorders/mind body interaction/TMS, and for that I am deeply grateful to Freud.
tennis tom Posted - 08/31/2017 : 10:49:17
quote:

Agreed! The only thing they had going were their cartoons.

I think SS has suffered a Freudian slip and fall--could be a TMS/affective symptom--or something in the beer up north.
Sam908 Posted - 08/31/2017 : 05:03:57

TMSHelp Forum © TMSHelp.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000