TMSHelp Forum
TMSHelp Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Resources | Links | Policy
 All Forums
 TMSHelp
 TMSHelp General Forum
 All The Rage

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Fox Posted - 07/31/2017 : 21:16:24
Saw tonight. Great production and good Q&A session led by the documentary film maker afterwards. More emotional than instructional which was good. Lots of cool footage of the good doctor and followers.
7   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Fox Posted - 09/15/2017 : 08:58:18
I'm going to see it again.

http://www.carolinatheatre.org/films/all-rage
Fox Posted - 08/17/2017 : 16:43:18
Here's another evaluation of acupuncture.

http://www.quackwatch.org/01QuackeryRelatedTopics/acu.html
bagofwater Posted - 08/16/2017 : 16:46:14
quote:
Originally posted by Fox

Can't remember this part of the documentary, but I know the film maker was grasping at all straws so it sounds right.
Right. He ran down a list of approaches, but didn't call them out as placebos - it may have been a deliberate choice in order to not alienate alternative medicine enthusiasts. I also found it mighty convenient that the filmmaker had a major TMS relapse while he was making the doc. It's plausible I guess, but It pinged my BS detector as being staged.
Fox Posted - 08/16/2017 : 15:56:55
Thanks for the article, Tom. Maybe that's why acupuncture didn't work for me - I don't remember getting any woo-woo sounds.
tennis tom Posted - 08/16/2017 : 14:55:19
quote:
Originally posted by bagofwater

A good promo for TMS for sure. Did you find it odd that he said he also got relief from reiki and acupuncture? Both strategies that Sarno disavows.

Been there, done that--did hundreds of accus with a now "ex-friend" and did NOTHING for anything except empty my wallet and some relaxation while on the massage table, under the heat-lamps, soothing woo-woo sounds on the muzak, with the needles in me--you ain't going no where. Same for the reiki, only had to do a couple of sessions of that before I was onto the voo-doo. Basically, it's for lazy body-workers who just wave their arms over you in the air instead of rubbing you. Here's one of numerous articles on accu voo-doo below the google fold :

California Acupuncture Licensing: Sinking Lower in the Slime ...
https://sciencebasedmedicine.org/california-acupuncture-licensing-sinking-lower-in-th...
Trouble for the struggling California Acupuncture Board (Board) is far from being over. After being taken to task by the California Senate less than a year ago for ...
Fox Posted - 08/16/2017 : 14:30:25
Don't know anything about reiki. Acupuncture (with electricity?) made my sciatica worse temporarily. Can't remember this part of the documentary, but I know the film maker was grasping at all straws so it sounds right. Yes, Sarno and any purist followers (like me) would advise one to avoid any therapy that is physically based and would add that any improvement gained from these methods would be due to the placebo effect and most likely to be of short duration.
bagofwater Posted - 08/14/2017 : 20:22:06
A good promo for TMS for sure. Did you find it odd that he said he also got relief from reiki and acupuncture? Both strategies that Sarno disavows.

TMSHelp Forum © TMSHelp.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000