TMSHelp Forum
TMSHelp Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Resources | Links | Policy
 All Forums
 TMSHelp
 TMSHelp General Forum
 TMS and the Throat

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
2scoops Posted - 06/22/2017 : 19:25:12
Any chance TMS could be involved in the throat muscles? My brother can't swallow food and has been in the hospital and they can't figure out why.
6   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
tennis tom Posted - 06/25/2017 : 10:00:46
I'm no expert on mold, but some googling would probably be very informative. I would start with "mold scams". I do know I love blue cheese, the moldier the better.
weatherman Posted - 06/25/2017 : 01:18:01
2scoops, you are definitely a blast from the past. Yes, this board has definitely become much quieter.

Regarding your earlier question on mold, I had a weird episode about 13 years ago. One carpeted room in the downstairs part of our house got flooded during the summer from a sprinkler; some critter had dug a hole in the yard that caused a bunch of water to collect in the window well.

I cleaned it all up and thought nothing of it, but as the summer went on I had lots of sneezing. Then in the fall it became mixed with asthma, to the point that I was taking daily meds for a period. Then around December the symptoms abruptly ended. During that time I had allergy tests and was found to be quite allergic to mold. Since the climate here is dry maybe the mold eventually died off - not sure how that works.

I always wondered if that was a mold issue. I spent a couple of years in England growing up and had lots of trouble with asthma, and there is certainly lots of mold there. It's been said that the English empire came about because the weather at home was so lousy. Anyway, as soon as we moved back to Colorado my asthma disappeared.

This all begs the question of whether it was psychosomatic; maybe the wet room triggered subconscious memory. But I'm thinking getting rid of the mold issue sure couldn't hurt.

"Good judgement comes from experience. Experience comes from bad judgement."
2scoops Posted - 06/23/2017 : 12:25:22
Thanks Tom! By the way, where did everyone go on this board? There's like a reply a day. We used to have some good chats goimg. I remember Dave saying he was having trouble monitoring it.

Another thing, his basement is covered has mold issues. I'm even reacting to it. He thinks that's contributing to it. What are your thoughts on toxic mold?
tennis tom Posted - 06/23/2017 : 11:05:43
quote:
Originally posted by 2scoops

So far all tests are coming back negative. Started about 3 weeks ago.
Life pressures: basement flooded about 2 weeks ago, he lost a job about a month ago, our sister passed away a little over a year ago. I can say fear runs in the family.

He can move his jaws. Something else to consider is my dad has a form of MD that affects his eyes and throat. Almost like myaschemia gravis. I know I probably butchered the spelling.

That's GREAT that the white-coats can't find anything wrong! If "moderne" medicine is good at anything it's dx'ing structural issues whether real or TMS anomalies/"gray hair of the spine". With that long list of emotional dis=eases he has experienced recently, it could well be, and I'll go out on a limb here since this is the TMS board and I'm a pretty good technical tennis player--that it could well be TMS--see the RAHE-HOLMES list of life stressors for the TMS science behind it.

==================================================

TAKE THE HOLMES-RAHE STRESS TEST
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Holmes_and_Rahe_stress_scale

Some of my favorite excerpts from _THE DIVIDED MIND_ :
http://www.tmshelp.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=2605

==================================================

"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society." Jiddu Krishnamurti

"Pain is inevitable; suffering is optional." Author Unknown

“You can discover more about a person in an hour of play than in a year of conversation” – Plato

"Happy People Are Happy Putters." Frank Nobilo, Golf Analyst

"Be careful about reading health books. You may die of a misprint." Mark Twain and Balto

"The hot-dog is the noblest of dogs; it feeds the hand that bites it." Dr. Laurence Johnston Peter

"...the human emotional system was not designed to endure the mental rigors of a tennis match." Dr. Allen Fox

"Where ignorance is bliss, 'tis folly to be wise" - Thomas Gray

"All my friends in Los Angeles are the sensitive type. They all have like all the diseases like Chronic Fatigue, Epstien Barr, Fibromyalgia. Like all the diseases where the only symptoms seem to be you had a really crappy childhood and at the prospect of full time work ya feel kinda achy and tired."

Posted by Skizzik @ TMSHelp from comedian Maria Bamford

"Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthuisam."
Sir Winston Churchill

======================================================

"If it ends with "itis" or "algia" or "syndrome" and doctors can't figure out what causes it, then it might be TMS." Dave the Mod

=================================================

TMS PRACTITIONERS:

John Sarno, MD
400 E 34th St, New York, NY 10016
(212) 263-6035

Dr. Sarno is now retired, if you call this number you will be referred to his associate Dr. Rashbaum.

"...there are so many things little and big that are tms, I wouldn't have time to write about all of them": Told to icelikeaninja by Dr. Sarno

Here's the TMS practitioners list from the TMS Help Forum:
http://www.tmshelp.com/links.htm

Here's a list of TMS practitioners from the TMS Wiki:
http://tmswiki.org/ppd/Find_a_TMS_Doctor_or_Therapist

2scoops Posted - 06/23/2017 : 08:41:20
So far all tests are coming back negative. Started about 3 weeks ago.
Life pressures: basement flooded about 2 weeks ago, he lost a job about a month ago, our sister passed away a little over a year ago. I can say fear runs in the family.

He can move his jaws. Something else to consider is my dad has a form of MD that affects his eyes and throat. Almost like myaschemia gravis. I know I probably butchered the spelling.
tennis tom Posted - 06/22/2017 : 23:57:20
Need more details about his symptoms.
Can he move his jaws?
Does he have swelling around his throat?
Is his breathing constricted?
How long has he had the condition?
Has he had emotionally charged events listed on the Rahe-Holmes list?

TMSHelp Forum © TMSHelp.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000