TMSHelp Forum
TMSHelp Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Resources | Links | Policy
 All Forums
 TMSHelp
 TMSHelp General Forum
 lingering chest congestion/dry rash after 1 month

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Switters Posted - 01/22/2017 : 13:46:01
Hi,
For the past 5 or 6 weeks I've been dealing with a lingering nasal/chest congestion issue. What's confusing is it began with a sore throat, general malaise, regular cold.....but simultaneously I felt like I inhaled dust emitted from my electric baseboard heater (winter is here in the northeast US) AND possibly exacerbated the issue by spending a day at my friend's "possbily" moldly house by the sea.

Saw my doctor twice now because the chest tightness was no longer producing phlegm. They gave me a breath test and I did okay. She listened to my lungs, tested oxygen, etc, heard a little wheezing when I cough, but otherwise she wasn't too worried, and hasn't felt the need to do a chest xray (yet).

But here's the thing; In my bedroom - where I've lived for 20 years - I now wake up nightly feeling so DRY, nose clogged and chest wheezing for air. My lungs...nasal passages.It has morphed into a kind of asthma.

Strangely, a few days ago when I started feeling better, I woke up with an itchy dry rash out of nowhere. On my back, elbows, etc. WTF!?

I took antibiotic early on, which didn't kill this thing I got. I was prescribed an asthma inhaler, which I use as-needed. I'm wondering, "Is it allergies?" "Something in my room?" "Dry heated air?" "My sheets?" But I've cleaned, washed, done everything I can think of.

But it's as if something has "settled" in my tight chest that isn't budging. I clear my throat to try and hack up phlegm, which sometimes works in a steamy shower, but otherwise, no amount of lemon tea with honey or Mucinex has helped, and this is not normal for me to have a virus this long. A few friends have experienced it. Pharmacists tell me there's a lot of lingering viruses happening. But now I'm wondering if it's TMS. I've got no fever, or nasal pain.

For the past year and a half I've experienced one thing after another:

-IBS/Gastritis (lots of stressful, invasive tests)
-Anxiety and Panic Attacks (mainly after exercising at the gym, which I'm now afraid to do.)
-Sinus/Bronchial infection

Emotionally, here's what has happened during that time (or just before):

- My best friend's father died; my positive second father who I loved.

- My 2 other lifelong influential mentors died; Wayne Dyer and Prince.

-The Presidential Election caused me great stress. I'm anti-Trump.

- I've struggled with loneliness and it's getting me really discouraged; I just can't seem to find someone special (and/or who compares with my ex-girlfriend who I loved).

-I'm watching my parents age and deal with their chronic pain issues. I'm fearing their eventual demise.

- I'm 47 and fearing for my future somewhat, though I'm an otherwise attractive and healthy guy.

I'm obsessing over my symptoms all day long and trying to solve the problem. I'm reading "The Great Pain Deception".

Thanks for any input.

7   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
tennis tom Posted - 05/21/2017 : 08:41:02
quote:
Originally posted by MarcoHolmes

...a few months ago, my grandfather also got ill due to mold.

... my friend suggested them to consult a good doctor for proper medication

... consult a home insurance claim adjuster for filing a claim. Mold damage repair is necessary in the home otherwise it grows gradually.

Sorry about your gramps, if I can suggest a bottle of Bushmills, rubbed on and taken internally also kills mold spores. See a TMS doc for an objective opinion, gramp's condition may also have psychological implications--maybe he's tired of seeing granny's old puss and her constant ragging on him to take out the garbage and clean his room. Time to lawyer up, a tidy settlement, tagging onto a class action law-suit and a shyster rent-a-lawyer, could win you and gramps a nice cruse to the Bahamas--leave granny at home if you want to have some fun for gramps.

I don't know if you've noticed MP, but you've chosen some ghost thread s to hook your spam onto--you might say they're a bit moldy.
tennis tom Posted - 05/19/2017 : 20:00:28
Welcome to the TMS Forum MarcoHolmes. Your "mold" issues are likely due to mixing mold and spam together, this was actually considered a treat by soldiers during WW2 and is still a delicacy in Hawaii. Did you get your name from Marco Polo or John C. Holmes? Personally I enjoy mold especially in my bleu cheese--the moldier the better.

==================================================

TAKE THE HOLMES-RAHE STRESS TEST
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Holmes_and_Rahe_stress_scale

Some of my favorite excerpts from _THE DIVIDED MIND_ :
http://www.tmshelp.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=2605

"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society." Jiddu Krishnamurti

"Pain is inevitable; suffering is optional." Author Unknown

“You can discover more about a person in an hour of play than in a year of conversation” – Plato

"Happy People Are Happy Putters." Frank Nobilo, Golf Analyst

"Be careful about reading health books. You may die of a misprint." Mark Twain and Balto

"The hot-dog is the noblest of dogs; it feeds the hand that bites it." Dr. Laurence Johnston Peter

"...the human emotional system was not designed to endure the mental rigors of a tennis match." Dr. Allen Fox

"Where ignorance is bliss, 'tis folly to be wise" - Thomas Gray

"All my friends in Los Angeles are the sensitive type. They all have like all the diseases like Chronic Fatigue, Epstien Barr, Fibromyalgia. Like all the diseases where the only symptoms seem to be you had a really crappy childhood and at the prospect of full time work ya feel kinda achy and tired."

Posted by Skizzik @ TMSHelp from comedian Maria Bamford

"Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthuisam."
Sir Winston Churchill

======================================================

"If it ends with "itis" or "algia" or "syndrome" and doctors can't figure out what causes it, then it might be TMS." Dave the Mod

=================================================

TMS PRACTITIONERS:

John Sarno, MD
400 E 34th St, New York, NY 10016
(212) 263-6035

Dr. Sarno is now retired, if you call this number you will be referred to his associate Dr. Rashbaum.

"...there are so many things little and big that are tms, I wouldn't have time to write about all of them": Told to icelikeaninja by Dr. Sarno

Here's the TMS practitioners list from the TMS Help Forum:
http://www.tmshelp.com/links.htm

Here's a list of TMS practitioners from the TMS Wiki:
http://tmswiki.org/ppd/Find_a_TMS_Doctor_or_Therapist

MarcoHolmes Posted - 05/19/2017 : 03:42:43
Hey! That feels really bad! I understand your situation. You got so many things at the time that feels really bad. Mold causes so many problems to the one. So, The mold should be removed as soon as it detects in the house. I remembered a few months ago, my grandfather also got ill due to mold. Mold was growing in his room. As soon as the mold detects in the house, my friend suggested them to consult a good doctor for proper medication and also to consult a home insurance claim adjuster for filing a claim. Mold damage repair is necessary in the home otherwise it grows gradually.
Wavy Soul Posted - 03/03/2017 : 04:02:03
Just keep reading The Great Pain Deception.

I can relate to your pain. A lot of people are feeling a lot of emotional pain right now, and there is a lot of physical expression of it in the people I know.

When I spoke to Steve Ozanich, the author of that book, he said that ageing is the number one stressor he comes across in people. 47? That’s nothing, baby. What gets me is that I always kmew this was going to happen (ageing, death of friends etc.) but somehow didn’t quite realize it would happen to ME.

The human condition seems to be all about denial. The only solution I find is spiritual practices to wake up and find a non-dependent happiness.

Life is a Bitch, but there is a (spiritual, not religious) way out other than distracting illnesses or suicide:

Love is the answer, whatever the question
Tunza Posted - 03/01/2017 : 19:59:37
Hi Switters,

Reading your list of stressors I definitely see plenty of ammunition for TMS. Although I shouldn't use a battle metaphor as I am of the belief that TMS symptoms are trying to communicate something to us. For example, my latest TMS manifestation has been 3.5 months of night time retching that meant I had to prop myself up almost 90 degrees in the bed to sleep. So I was being told to "sit up and take notice" of something. Interestingly it started calming down when I took some time off my stressful job (I work in mental health). I am still doing some daytime symptoms and the symptoms from two autoimmune conditions bother me but I am so glad to have the ability to sleep horizontally again.

Did your gastritis ever settle down? I have read some of your earlier posts.
Baseball65 Posted - 01/25/2017 : 16:03:28
you on BP meds? Lisinopril is notorious for giving people a dry tickle in their chest that can drive you batty.

All those other things are probably your rashes and so forth...particularly rage at the election, your lost girlfriend and plain old mortality. Nothing like suppressed rage to make you itch.
tennis tom Posted - 01/22/2017 : 18:18:45
Sounds to me like TMS is suppressing your immune system to keep your symptoms going from having to deal with your emotional issues. If your doc isn't worried about it, I wouldn't be either, she's the one with the medical degree. You can keep doctor shopping and eventually you'll find one who will find something. I think "mold" is BS, I love and eat blue cheese all the time, it's mold.

G'luck!

TAKE THE HOLMES-RAHE STRESS TEST
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Holmes_and_Rahe_stress_scale

Some of my favorite excerpts from _THE DIVIDED MIND_ :
http://www.tmshelp.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=2605

"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society." Jiddu Krishnamurti

"Pain is inevitable; suffering is optional." Author Unknown

“You can discover more about a person in an hour of play than in a year of conversation” – Plato

"Happy People Are Happy Putters." Frank Nobilo, Golf Analyst

"Be careful about reading health books. You may die of a misprint." Mark Twain and Balto

"The hot-dog is the noblest of dogs; it feeds the hand that bites it." Dr. Laurence Johnston Peter

"...the human emotional system was not designed to endure the mental rigors of a tennis match." Dr. Allen Fox

"Where ignorance is bliss, 'tis folly to be wise" - Thomas Gray

"All my friends in Los Angeles are the sensitive type. They all have like all the diseases like Chronic Fatigue, Epstien Barr, Fibromyalgia. Like all the diseases where the only symptoms seem to be you had a really crappy childhood and at the prospect of full time work ya feel kinda achy and tired."

Posted by Skizzik @ TMSHelp from comedian Maria Bamford

"Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthuisam."
Sir Winston Churchill

======================================================

"If it ends with "itis" or "algia" or "syndrome" and doctors can't figure out what causes it, then it might be TMS." Dave the Mod

=================================================

TMS PRACTITIONERS:

John Sarno, MD
400 E 34th St, New York, NY 10016
(212) 263-6035

Dr. Sarno is now retired, if you call this number you will be referred to his associate Dr. Rashbaum.

"...there are so many things little and big that are tms, I wouldn't have time to write about all of them": Told to icelikeaninja by Dr. Sarno

Here's the TMS practitioners list from the TMS Help Forum:
http://www.tmshelp.com/links.htm

Here's a list of TMS practitioners from the TMS Wiki:
http://tmswiki.org/ppd/Find_a_TMS_Doctor_or_Therapist

TMSHelp Forum © TMSHelp.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000