TMSHelp Forum
TMSHelp Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Resources | Links | Policy
 All Forums
 TMSHelp
 TMSHelp General Forum
 I don't get it

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
cecowe Posted - 05/14/2017 : 23:56:17
My brain is playing on me every time. This time for about a year without noticing my lower back pain is psycho not because of soreness. How is that possible every time? I've been in the same position so many times? Am I too stupid to trick me like that?
7   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
blossom Posted - 05/21/2017 : 17:46:07
Brain camouflaging the anger, I have been there myself and some extent still am. The anger seems to overwhelm my system, my mind decides it can't deal with it then it sucks into my body and comes out in physical symptoms. Things I've found help, as soon as I feel the anger acknowledge it, discharge it someway such as punching a pillow, write down what is bothering me, decide what I can control about it what I can't and what I can do to look after myself and make myself feel better, meditate every day, reconnect with my inner child through guided meditations and putting lots of pictures around my house of myself as a baby and child. I'm still not there, but also when a new symptom comes up I try to remind myself think emotional not physical. EFT has been another great technique for me, you can be your own therapist. All the best to you

Be yourself, everyone else is taken
cecowe Posted - 05/21/2017 : 10:36:08
quote:
Originally posted by blossom

Are you able to work with a therapist? I had and still have a lot of anger, when I started therapy my chronic pain reduced by 70 - 80%. Just having someone to validate and acknowledge my emotional pain was very healing for me

I'm not able to work with a therapist so I'm trying to be one for myself. The point is I've been in this position so many times but sometimes my brain is so good camouflaging the anger. I think my brain is finding his own way to trick me up.

quote:
Talking about your anger would be good, are you talking to yourself or to the person who is making you angry or to your friends or a shrink about the anger making situation. I think if you're dealing with the situation head-on that would be a good thing in resolving it rather then stuffing it through repression or suppression. Generally in our culture we don't like people coming unhinged--we like to keep things "cool"--we don't deal with emotional situations well--ergo the great TMS pain epidemic. But, I'm starting to appreciate observing other people's meltdowns now for their entertain value as an "observer" as long as there aren't any knives or bullets coming my way.

Tim, I'm some kind of hybrid one but I'm trying to release my anger while talking with other about it. But I'm pretty introvert at all.
Many times I can't solve the real problem, I mean the conflict or the situation. Classic, isn't it?
tennis tom Posted - 05/21/2017 : 09:21:54
quote:
Originally posted by cecowe

...I'm really trying to express my anger while talking about it.

...I'm trying to talk about my rage.

...I'm cursing and swearing at people who get me angry. Not directly (sometimes).

...There are so many people and situations who drive me mad. Is it same with you guys?

I'm reading Monte Hueftle's great little TMS book for the second time and he addresses, stuff like that. He says the "outburst" from anger is not the way to treat it. He says to stop and "feel" the anger. That would be what Dr. Sarno says when you feel the pain--stop and think "psychologically".

Talking about your anger would be good, are you talking to yourself or to the person who is making you angry or to your friends or a shrink about the anger making situation. I think if you're dealing with the situation head-on that would be a good thing in resolving it rather then stuffing it through repression or suppression. Generally in our culture we don't like people coming unhinged--we like to keep things "cool"--we don't deal with emotional situations well--ergo the great TMS pain epidemic. But, I'm starting to appreciate observing other people's meltdowns now for their entertain value as an "observer" as long as there aren't any knives or bullets coming my way.

blossom Posted - 05/20/2017 : 07:01:47
Are you able to work with a therapist? I had and still have a lot of anger, when I started therapy my chronic pain reduced by 70 - 80%. Just having someone to validate and acknowledge my emotional pain was very healing for me

cecowe Posted - 05/20/2017 : 00:03:56
I'm really trying to express my anger while talking about it. I'm trying to talk about my rage. I'm cursing and swearing at people who get me angry. Not directly (sometimes). There are so many people and situations who drive me mad. Is it same with you guys?

Sorry for my English.
andy64tms Posted - 05/16/2017 : 11:19:02
Cecowe,

You definitely don’t get it, I can see that! Your 63 posts, every one a question about the physical realm, most of them about body building. It is time for you to tell us about the physco, this is a MIND and body web site. Opening up to others, writing and expressing is the first step to opening up to your inner self and healing.

Regards

Andy
Past TMS Experience in 2000, with success.
Charlie Horse on neck for 20 years, is almost gone.
Books:
Healing Back Pain
Unlearn your Pain
The Great Pain Deception
Baseball65 Posted - 05/16/2017 : 07:13:16
It has nothing to do with 'smart or stupid'. It has to do with CONDITIONING. Now there is a part of the EGO that thinks because we can understand something intellectually that we should 'get it', but as I recently found, no matter how much we 'get it' we are still occasionally vulnerable to the GREAT DISTRACTION (TMS).

Just exhale, redo the 'treatment' Refute, Return, Recondition, and be done with it.

TMSHelp Forum © TMSHelp.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000